Horror films. | Page 543 | The Popjustice Forum

Horror films.

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by robots need oil, Jan 15, 2009.

1. That's when you had a LOT of pirate videos going on. People got pissed off having to wait for a movie to come out on video, 6 months after it had been released in the US.

2. We also got pissed that a lot of the great horrors we wanted to see were banned in the UK. We had a video van that used to come around twice a week and have some fantastic horrors, they even had a secret section of the banned stuff.

spillett likes this.
  3. I hate Victor Miller. He's pretty much ruined any future updates for the Friday the 13th game/franchise for a while.

4. The book was great but this....looks a bit too BBC1 Sunday tea time drama

5. Went to see Hereditary and now I'm scarred for life. It wasn't even that it was that scary, but it just felt so emotionally draining. Really loved it though.

That whole sequence of the brother killing his sister and the camera refusing to cut away and just staying with him until you hear Toni scream was SO uncomfortable. Really, really well done but I was squirming throughout.

stuaw, Only Human, Steve003 and 4 others like this.
  6. So I just rewatched Halloween H20 and I just cannot get over the fact that they just recycled Scream's score in multiple scenes, namely the part where Michael is chasing Laurie and co, it's the EXACT same music as Tatum's death scene in Scream 1.

Steve003, spillett and lushLuck like this.
  7. BTG

BTG

Yeah, it was a last minute change. The studio hated the original score and they didn't have time to hire someone to compose a whole new one so they improvised.

lushLuck and ohaimanabu like this.
  8. Interesting! I never looked into it, but I figured it was a rush job. Reminds me of how the studio didn't like Coil's score for the original Hellraiser but I actually liked what they ended up with

BTG likes this.
  9. BTG

BTG

Here's an article about it: http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3417698/halloween-h20-soundtrack-scream/

There's a comparison video at the very bottom of the article.

lushLuck and ohaimanabu like this.
  10. The original score was eventually released, in full. It's on iTunes and Amazon.

@ohaimanabu the movie had a number of issues in the lead up to production, which JLC revealed during a panel discussion at a horror convention in 2012. No doubt the score situation was part of that.

lushLuck, BTG and ohaimanabu like this.
  11. OOOH, this is cool. I always love stuff like this and will probably give the OG score a listen.

12. “Didn’t have time” - they released a movie titled “Halloween” in August.

Steve003, ohaimanabu, Uno and 5 others like this.
  13. I truly believe that had they ended Halloween with H20 and didn't give us Resurrection and the Rob Zombie reboots the new Halloween coming this year could easily have been a follow on and continuation of the series.

I think it would sit better with me rather than erasing so much of the history of the series as they are doing. I mean, I'm excited and hoping for a great movie but I'm still disappointed...

They could have done an epic movie with JLC and Danielle Harris and Laurie coming face to face with the daughter she kept hidden etc. and somehow try and tie up all the loose ends. It would have been a task but they could have done it.

Josh Hartnett, as the son, along with his 'wife' Michelle Williams could have been cameos and been brutally killed at the start. Then Laurie has to seek out her daughter etc. then we could have had a final showdown with JLC and Danielle Harris finally killing Michael... Or something, ha.

14. I have a hardcore Halloween friend who told me most of these things have been covered in comic books and stuff, by fans desperate to keep the whole thing intact.

It stopped bothering me after H20 really - I was annoyed at their attitude at the time, especially as Steve Miner was like "what sequels?" having previously directed two Friday the 13th's which I imagine he'd be peeved about if someone stomped all over those and said they didn't count. Resurrection is a damn mess, but it's at least a fun slasher film on its own merits (sans Busta Rhymes, obvs). The Rob Zombie films can go to hell.

tylerc904 and johnny_tsunami like this.
  15. It's like Rob Zombie took everything that John Carpenter tried to do with the original and instead did the opposite.

Minimal explanations? Gutted.
    Likable lead characters? Rotted.
    Atmosphere? GILA MONSTER.

16. Do you guys want Laurie to die eventually or should she just survive?

I always wonder what fans think about that. I'm not a big Halloween fan but a Scream fan and I never wanted the Original Trio to die.

17. This was the most crucial sin - turning Laurie from the nice girl down the block you could depend on, who'd be your lifelong friend, into a self-absorbed cow (especially in the second film), who doesn't even seem to care about the kids she's sitting, ruined it all.

And the fucking crowbarring of his missus into it over and over... Get the telegram, Rob, she cannot act.

18. The Diablo Cody-esque ""banter"" he tried to give everyone also put me off the characters. PJ Soles saying "totally" 18 times contains more charisma than most of Zombie's script.

19. I always felt sorry for how they treated Danielle Harris, she even had to re-audition for Jamie in Halloween 6 and got it but they wouldn't pay her much despite the fact she had to emancipate herself from her family to get the role. When she asked for the pay to just cover the court payments she made to get back the role they basically said "your character is a scale character, you die in the first act, you're not getting anymore money".

She was the best thing about the Rob Zombie films easily but it would've been nice to see her with Jamie Lee Curtis after all these years in the reimagined Halloween. Oh well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.