Horror films

The House That Jack Built is horrendously unsettling - moreso than any straight-up horror I’ve watched this year. Lars knows how to bring the vulgarity.

The Nun was exactly what I thought it would be: Gorgeous yet lame. How blatantly the end stole from Tales From the Crypt Presents: Demon Knight (a MUCH better movie)....shameless.

Did my Christmas wrapping to the serenade of Elm Street 2 yesterday. It never fails to entertain with all the not-so-subtle homoeroticism, especially Nancy's diary that literally comes out of the closet.

Shame on you for not tagging @BTG in this post. She is our resident Li'l Jesse.

Me every time someone mentions Elm Street 2 and I have an excuse to post about it.

giphy.gif

Honestly, Elm Street 2 is iconic. Freddy is at his darkest, before he became an all-out comedy queen in 3. The concept is fresh and different, even if messing with the rules was unnecessary so early on in the franchise life. Meryl Streep has a ball and Jesse truly is that bitch.

Ugh. Their minds.

Freddy was still creepy in 3, though "Welcome to Primetime!" was probably the moment he went from being frightening to merely annoying.

I watched the 2010 remake today while working at home. I don't hate it at all, it's just... there.

Has anyone seen Sandy Bullock's 'Bird Box' on Netflix? I regret not checking out the book prior to watching the movie. I loved it!

Honestly, Elm Street 2 is iconic. Freddy is at his darkest, before he became an all-out comedy queen in 3. The concept is fresh and different, even if messing with the rules was unnecessary so early on in the franchise life. Meryl Streep has a ball and Jesse truly is that bitch.

Ugh. Their minds.

Elm Street 2 is such a unique film. There is NOTHING else quite like it. To go back in time and be a fly on the wall during pre-filming and filming.

"So, Mark, have you played Probe before?"

"So, Mark, we want you to learn some choreography..."

"So, Mark, your character is going to visit this bar..."

Elm Street 2 is such a unique film. There is NOTHING else quite like it. To go back in time and be a fly on the wall during pre-filming and filming.

"So, Mark, have you played Probe before?"

"So, Mark, we want you to learn some choreography..."

"So, Mark, your character is going to visit this bar..."

“So Mark, you’re going to get tackled on the field and show your jock strap...”

Iconic.

Has anyone seen the new full length documentary on the Urban Legend 2 disc collectors edition blu-Ray from Scream Factory? And is it any good?

Also, can’t wait to get my hands on the new Valentine Blu! It’s about damn time.

The Sandy movie was just okay. More of a thriller. I'm now curious to check out the book if it is indeed creepy.

Sandra's acting was really holding the whole thing together.