Horror films. | Page 811 | The Popjustice Forum

Horror films.

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by robots need oil, Jan 15, 2009.

1. The pacing and tension building in The Hills Have Eyes remake is horror perfection.

2. The caravan scene is something else.

johnny_tsunami, PopGaga and Joe. like this.
  3. The Hills Have Eyes remake is strong but that Caravan scene really is where it peaks, the second half of the film just isn't anywhere near as good.

DangerousHun and johnny_tsunami like this.
  4. But does a dog have a flashback?

lushLuck and Andrew.L like this.

5. Really. Whilst 3 is meh, 2 is amazing and the factory scene is a delight.

6. I just saw The Hole In The Ground - it was okay with some good scares. The boy who plays the possessed kid can really act.

I also saw this other Korean thriller/horror hybrid called Hide & Seek, although the last 30 minutes towards the end is an exercise in stupidity and the illogical, the scenes before were scary as fuck, especially the opening sequence. I also did not see the twist coming, if you're in the mood and want some K-horror in your life, I would recommended it.

This is the trailer:

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  7. I watched The Cabin in the Woods last night in my quest to watch every horror movie I was interested in at the time of release but was too young/scared to watch, and I really liked it! It definitely aligned with my favourite kind of horror, that leaves the audience more afraid of themselves than the movie itself.

Also, I had no idea it was where the "the evil is defeated" gif came from. I screamed when I realised I'd actually seen that part before.

8. The Ring remake is brilliant, right? Or is it just me?

Inky, lushLuck, Steve003 and 8 others like this.
  9. Whew, the chilling blue cinematography is one of my favorite atmospheres in a horror film. Also, Naomi is a gag. Now, it's sequel with that CGI bambi thou....

10. It was fine.

Even the Dark Water remake was in it ownself a beautiful arthouse film reimagined. Although it holds nothing near the amazingness that the original Japanese version had.

Anjoel40 likes this.
  11. I still can’t believe that The Ring 2 was directed by the same person as the actual original. Was it studio meddling? Or what?

lushLuck and 4Roses like this.
  12. The Ring 2 is such a strange film. I didn't hate it but it was unnecessary and even Queen Naomi's face is contractual-obligation face throughout the entire film.

lushLuck likes this.
  13. Oh it was written by one Mr Ehren Kruger.

[​IMG]

lushLuck likes this.
  14. All I remember from it is the guy from Final Destination 3 at the start trying to trick the girl into watching the tape and him finding out she kept her eyes shut.

lushLuck and johnny_tsunami like this.
  15. I love the look and feel of The Ring remake. It has an excellent atmosphere. But the "mythology" is a bit overly explained and convoluted. It was more creepy when it was kept ambiguous, in the first half of the film.

lushLuck likes this.
  16. Vera wore iT better

17. One of my favourite movies of all time.

18. Love Orphan.
    We first watched it at the cinema, and the air con had packed in, and it was a full screening, and it just got hotter and hotter in the auditorium as the film progressed, and made it all a lot more demented than it was
    (Also got a free ticket for another film after).
    But great treatment of a well-worn premise.

19. Scary Stories To Tell in the Dark was... not scary. It was a pretty entertaining mystery movie, but it didn't create any kind of atmosphere. Two of the monsters even made me laugh? And I'm not usually one to nitpick on the acting in horror movies, but oh dear was the main girl terrible.

Eskapism and johnny_tsunami like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.