Horror films. | Page 840 | The Popjustice Forum

Horror films.

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by robots need oil, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Me either.

Meathook likes this.
  2. If you intend to watch 'The Wicker Man', watch the original cut. The Directors cut is a bit bonkers and might be off putting if it's the first time you are watching.

ohaimanabu and OspreyQueen like this.
  3. The Wicker Man remake really is something though. I wish I could be a fly on the wall on that set. Did any of them know?

Subspace88, ohaimanabu, jtm and 3 others like this.
  4. The Wicker Man (I've only seen the original) is more unsettling and weird than actually scary. I'd recommend it as a curio more than an actually intense experience.

ohaimanabu and OspreyQueen like this.
  5. I'll watch the director's cut. When she's in for the experience she's in it for the LONG haul.

Lemme put it on my to watch list this weekend and report back.

stuaw, johnny_tsunami and Andrew.L like this.
  6. When I was younger I thought the man would come to life and terrorize the village.

ohaimanabu likes this.
  7. Lake Mungo is back on Amazon Prime! No excuse for you hos to not watch it now.

ohaimanabu, evangelion and Meathook like this.
  8. It's one of those movies that's so bad that it's good. There are so many (unintentionally) hilarious moments in it, there must've been someone on set who knew how this was going to go down!

Steve003 and Andrew.L like this.
  9. Lake Mungo is shit don't come for me.

10. I watched The Wicker Man tonight and I did enjoy it, but yeah, it's not very scary at all in 2019. I feel like I'd have enjoyed it way more if it was presented to me as a detective drama first and a horror film second, because then all the weirdness would have actually shocked and unsettled me, and the downer-ending would have had way more impact (even if everyone already knows what happens at the end). I also wish I'd read @Anjoel40's post before buying the director's cut, because even as a first-time viewer I could tell which scenes weren't meant to be a part of the original.

I also lowkey wanna watch the remake now just for a laugh, and I only learned today that's where the "NOT THE BEES" meme came from.

11. Watched Haunt tonight. Pretty good. The atmosphere was actually really well done but overall the script could have been tighter. I liked the first half better but I would still recommend it.

12. But on the plus side, you'll know some Pagan style songs now if you ever need to get a party going.

13. Excellent. So it's just us in here that think that then.

Hudweiser likes this.
  14. “I never wrote...”he screams like a woman””

WHAT A DOUCHE

15. BTG

BTG

Okay but as the forum’s resident Little Jesse, I need to see this.

Anjoel40 and johnny_tsunami like this.
  16. Anyone in the UK preordered the Director's Cut of Midsommar on Blu-ray? I have and it looks amazing.

Meathook and Andrew.L like this.
  17. Finally saw It 2 and wow that really felt long. The Richie character was the absolute highlight, I really liked how they developed him. Obviously I knew the fate of the losers prior but still didn't stop me from being upset when the time came! Not remotely scary, though I did jump when
    It attacked the girl under the bleachers.
    The various forms It took throughout were mostly laughable.

And why did they play that Angel song at that point in the film?! Genuinely jarring.

Happyclappy likes this.

18. Fun watch!

Anjoel40 likes this.
  19. Ummm so I Spit On Your Grave 2 may be the most disgusting, gory film I have ever seen. Good LORD.

#teamdodd! likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.