Horror films. | Page 933 | The Popjustice Forum

Horror films.

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by robots need oil, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Starry Eyes is brilliant indeed.

Aw, you saw Left Bank? It was shot not far from where I live.

That ending... kept me thinking about it for a couple days.

Andrew.L likes this.
  2. It seems hard to find, I just want to upgrade to blu ray. Very unknown, very well made...
    The ending is something else.
    Antwerp is on my list of places to visit.

-tastic likes this.
  3. X-Ray a.k.a. By My Valentine ...or Else is an 80s cheesefest, but not a boring one.
    Lovers Lane with pre-fame Anna Faris?

Andrew.L likes this.
  4. I saw this thread bumped and thought surely people would be talking about this. Looks AMAZING!

Mr Brightside and stuaw like this.
  5. Just out of seeing The Lighthouse. What a brilliantly unhinged tour de force.

Also Robert Pattison would get it.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  6. Ha! Everyone is asking the same thing!

upload_2020-2-14_21-18-31.jpeg

7. So the new Black Christmas is perhaps one of the worst films I've seen in a long time. What a disaster.

4Roses and johnny_tsunami like this.
  8. Watched 'Harpoon' this week and really enjoyed it. It's a 3 hander film, I suppose a bit like 'Shallow Grave' but not plotwise. It get's a bit gory in the middle but is great fun with lots of twists.

9. Haven't stopped thinking about The Lighthouse since last night, so I'm consuming as much ancillary material as I can. This behind-the-scenes look is great.

Like mother!, Hereditary and Midsommar, I think this is a film that will stay with me for a long time.

Edit: this, too:

sesita, #teamdodd! and johnny_tsunami like this.
  10. It's out on digital but I'm genuinely afraid to see it. Maybe it's good for a laugh.

11. mother!, Hereditary, and Midsommar all stuck with me for a long time after seeing so I can't wait to check out The Lighthouse. I would add Annihilation to that list of films I couldn't shake.

sesita and stuaw like this.
  12. I’m so excited for you to watch it! I expect your opinions posted here as soon as you do.

johnny_tsunami likes this.
  13. Not even that, it’s just boring and terribly made.

-tastic likes this.
  14. Not an easy watch but brilliant, I have just seen 'Daniel Isn't Real'. Highly recommended it. It has a Cronenberg feel to it. There are a few moments of 'woke', which don't seem shoehorned in and easily work. It is very dark but unlike a lot these films, doesn't leave you high and dry.

Dreampopboy and sesita like this.
  15. Finally watched 'Ready Or Not'. Loved it. Great fun with a perfect mix of horror, suspense & humour.

16. A true 10/10 for me.

17. I just came back from Gretel and Hansen. What a fucking disappointment.

The set, the acting, the cinematography were all there but the story was such a fucking letdown. They should've kept it simple and followed the same storyline (as the fairytale) but make the third arc
    about the escape instead of crafting this second coming of evil/witch or whatever back story which was quite a stretch.

18. Anyone seen Polaroid? Just starting it on Netflix and the opening was quite good. Prepared for the rest to be shite though!

19. It's AWFUL. Madelaine Petsch nor Davi Santos can save it. It's a waste of time.

Thanks Weinsteins...

20. LMX

LMX

I didn’t think it was that bad. I mean it’s nothing ground breaking but it’s worth one watch.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.