Horror films. | Page 943 | The Popjustice Forum

Horror films.

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by robots need oil, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Quick diversion, but happy 100th to the first silent horror I ever watched

2. Just rewatched Ripper with AJ Cook. I forgot how decent it is for a cheapo budget b-movie. Even the scene where 2 characters die in a saw mill that has absolutely nothing to do with the killer, though I imagine the killer was pretty happy that 2 people got butchered and they didn’t have to do a damn.

“oh, they’re dead? Great! Less work for me. I’ll just have some tea”.

Hudweiser and Steve003 like this.
  3. Re-watching the 1993 classic Man's Best Friend starring icon Ally Sheedy and from the director of Childs Play 2. Kinda lame but the dog is so god damn cute.

suitechicguy and Andrew.L like this.
  4. Doesn't the killer switch on the saw?

A friend of mine auditioned for the role of "black girl with attitude" in Ripper 2. Having seen it I'm glad she tanked.

Andrew.L likes this.

5. This looks very good. Please let it be good.

6. Ripper is so weird. It has a decent cast but why is AJ Cook's acting so bad? The queen in the turtle neck was my favorite.

-tastic and Hudweiser like this.
  7. It does. I love Jordan Peele, but I hope it's not just a succession of teenage girls being sliced up. And is it a remake, reboot, or sequel-not-sequel?

Love the version and use of Say My Name too.

stuaw, Andrew.L and suitechicguy like this.
  8. I think it's like Halloween 2018, a sequel/reboot. I have a feeling from the trailer that it is mostly adults who are getting preyed upon. However, who is actually gonna say Candyman in a mirror but a bunch of teenagers? I know my dumb ass did.

9. BTG

BTG

FUCK.

It’s a direct sequel to the original that discounts 2 onwards. The lead is baby Anthony from the original.

That Destiny’s Child/original movie score mash up... I’m finished.

Remorque, Steve003, stuaw and 5 others like this.
  10. The teen scene gave me worries but the rest of it looks GREAT. Wonder if we will see Helen again.

stuaw and Andrew.L like this.
  11. Glad they're keeping a solid link. The original still intrudes in my daily life: Anyone named Ruth I automatically call Ruthie Jean.

12. They didn't remix the Philip Glass theme?

[​IMG]

Remorque, Anjoel40, lushLuck and 3 others like this.
  13. Alright, Candyman looks like it can come through. Also, I was just listening to The Writing’s In The Wall this morning. Great use of “Say My Name.”

lushLuck and stuaw like this.
  14. BTG

BTG

It’s in there isn’t it? I could swear I heard elements.

15. BTG

BTG

Wait, I didn’t realise that was the original Anne-Marie in there!

16. As soon as they said Cabrini Green, I figured it was a follow up and I got even more excited. I didn’t even realise King Tony Todd was also back.
    I hope it’s as great as it looks, and it’s a hit.

Anjoel40, ohaimanabu and BTG like this.
  17. BTG

BTG

I actually hope Tony’s screentime is limited. Great presence but the less we see him, the scarier it is. He’s in the second one entirely too much.

18. I love this movie so much! Truly ahead of its time and such a classic!

ThighHighs likes this.
  19. It's there a brief second in a piano key and yes that's Anne Marie. So it's a sequel yet the same characters as the original? If the plot line is indeed the screenings, I hope it isn't as poor as the reception was. I really hope this matches somewhat with the original that is one of my favorites and isn't a remake/sequel that lives in the shadows of its older brother/sister.

ohaimanabu likes this.
  20. I still get chills reading about the history of Cabrini Green, the surrounding neighborhoods and all the stories/violence that Candyman referenced. Truly was hell on earth for a lot of people.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.