Horror films. | Page 944 | The Popjustice Forum

Horror films.

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by robots need oil, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Candyman looks brilliant! Speaking of Clive Barker, is Midnight Meat Train any good?

Stumbled across this short and thought you lot might like it. It's not only a gorgeous piece of animation, but quite an effective horror (and tearjerker) to boot!

wodny likes this.
  2. LMX

LMX

I watched Midnight Meat Train last week. It was alright, nothing special

stuaw likes this.
  3. BTG

BTG

Dddddd what was revealed in the screenings?

4. I got 2/3 of the way through the Candyman trailer before deciding it was going to start spoiling too much but it does look very promising. Definitely a franchise that deserves the reboot treatment.

5. Do they? I’m gonna have to rewatch it now. Much wine was consumed by the time that scene came around.

I’ve not seen Ripper 2. I am thankful for that.

6. This video goes into it, it’s very spoiler filled though.

I really hope it’s just rumour though as it...doesn’t sound great.

BTG likes this.
  7. The Candyman trailer gave me chills. That's how you use music for dramatic effect.

OspreyQueen and lushLuck like this.
  8. Uno

Uno

The person discussing this is so negative the second he opens up his mouth and his disdain for Jordan Peele is written all over his tone.

9. So Shudder have thrown their hat into the originals ring, and it looks ... not bad? A little bit Wolf Creek meets Blair Witch?

10. Even though The Omen remake is inferior, the thought of casting Mia Farrow as Mrs. Baylock was genius. The mother of Satan's child now protecting Satan's child.

11. Any thoughts on Hell House LLC? The first big scare with the guy in the white mask just threw me for six when I assumed this was going to be a shitty found footage horror film.

12. I predict Candyman will end up being a huge letdown, but Say My Name in the trailer made me fucking scream.

suitechicguy likes this.
  13. The trailer does look good but I have to admit I don't think Jordan Peele is that good with the horror aspect of his otherwise solid films. Get Out and Us lacked any scares whatsoever for me, but I'm keeping an open mind.

Edit: I see he did not direct so maybe it will be spookier.

ohaimanabu and Lioncourt like this.
  14. I think the trailer is brilliantly made, but I have a feeling it'll be one of those horrors that descends into silliness in the final act which hinders the horror.

But we're going to stan on the use of Destiny's Child and Dr Manhattan looks fine.

lushLuck and BTG like this.
  15. Anyone who doesn’t adore Get Out and Us (thus entering any review with REVERENCE and a desperation to justify even the shittiest narrative decisions) is dead to me.

16. I LOVE Jordan and everything he’s doing but it does make me laugh when lazy articles include Get Out and Us in ‘Scariest Ever Movies’ listicles. They’re both brilliant but terrifying they are not.

It’s far better than it should be. The scene with the creepy girl by the bed is genuinely unnerving.

Lioncourt likes this.
  17. Yes that scene was great, as was the strobe light scene. The ending was a letdown though, was hoping for more after the rest was pretty creepy and well-done.

mrdonut likes this.
  18. 100% this - admittedly, the original Candyman has such mastery of “dread” that nothing could compete... though I’m legitimately excited about how thrilling this sequel could be...

19. To add, while the original is a masterpiece, I’m mega excited to see the same tale from a black director and writer’s perspective - not your average remake/sequel...

lushLuck and Andrew.L like this.
  20. Tomb Raider (2018)'s trailer's impact!

ohaimanabu, stuaw and BTG like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.