Horror films. | Page 963 | The Popjustice Forum

Horror films.

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by robots need oil, Jan 15, 2009.

1. I will not hear these slights against the divine Natalie Simon. The brooding viewer's final girl.

ohaimanabu and lushLuck like this.
  2. BTG

BTG

I Still Know... has everything I need in a slasher. Not one but TWO Final Girls. A POC not only surviving but thriving and upstaging the basic ass white leads. A current A List star in a terrible role that he’s probably now ashamed of. Great soundtrack. Exotic location. Fantastic chase scene. Multiple panes of glass broken. Unnecessarily complicated exposition. The Vocal Bible.

How do I deal indeed?

3. Rufus Humphrey as a terrible, cute and laughably implausible antagonist? We love to see it.

ohaimanabu, lushLuck and tylerc904 like this.
  4. Everything you said is tea, but I’m struggling to think who this could be?

ohaimanabu, Uno, He and 1 other person like this.
  5. I have watched Life and it felt like a hodge podge of other space horror movies and it felt so stupid at times? Idk, was not really into it.

6. BTG

BTG

Probably generous calling him A-List in 2020, but Jack Black's uncredited, problematic ass.

ohaimanabu and lushLuck like this.
  7. It blows my mind that Oscar winners Renée Zellweger and Matthew McConaughey both starred in Texas Chainsaw Massacre The Next Generation

8. I find Matthew McConaughey insanely attractive despite his annoying overacting in that movie.

[​IMG]

9. See also Holly Hunter in The Burning, Naomi Watts in Children of the Corn MCMXCVII

10. Matthew Settle is so fine in ISKWYDLS, especially once he's wet and letting the psycho faces really go.

Urban Legend 2 is so weird. The tone, the setting, the cast, the kills - it's just so odd. Eva Mendes was criminally underused and Caufield was dreadfully overused.

ohaimanabu, lushLuck, sesita and 2 others like this.
  11. BTG

BTG

I relish the opportunity to diss Jessica Cauffiel’s performances in UL2 and Valentine at every opportunity. It’s like she has absolutely no idea what kind of movies she was in.

I do stan a gay director serving ART though.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

lushLuck, Steve003, sesita and 4 others like this.
  12. Dread to think what else they had for it, considering it’s a legitimately amazing slasher kill scene, and really the only one that’s a well known Urban Legend in the whole thing.

sesita likes this.
  13. Hang on....the bathtub kidney extraction/window beheading isn’t in the first movie? Why was it ingrained in my head as an early kill in UL1? Is it because it’s far superior to the rest of the second movie?

ohaimanabu, sesita and Andrew.L like this.
  14. It’s an outstanding few minutes of slasher cinema... most films would struggle to live up to it.

ohaimanabu and sesita like this.
  15. Don't forget Oscar nominee John Hawkes for his role as Ray's friend who gets murdered during the mannequin on the road scene!

Steve003, lushLuck and BTG like this.
  16. Charlize Theron in 'Children Of The Corn III'

17. But that hospital scene with THAT character cameo in UL2 is iconic.

18. Urban Legends 2 is fine, but it feels more like a direct-to-DVD sequel than a proper big screen release. So the fact that it apparently topped the box office (?!?) is somewhat mindblowing.

ohaimanabu, GazWilliams and lushLuck like this.
  19. I don't know more iconic sisters.

[​IMG]

If someone disagrees

[​IMG]

20. Ugh, Sarah Michelle Gellar in IKWYDLS is iconic.

Remorque, stuaw, lushLuck and 5 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.