Hot Chip - Take It In (from new album One Life Stand) | The Popjustice Forum

Hot Chip - Take It In (from new album One Life Stand)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by sushimuffin, Nov 12, 2009.

1. It's beautiful.

Really looking forward to their next album now.

2. I like this a lot and the chorus is lovely... can't wait for the album. I really love Hot Chip, they rarely disappoint and are absolutely amazing live.

3. This truly is amazing. I was really thrown for a loop when I heard how dark the intro and first verse was but as soon as the chorus began I seriously went to heaven. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.

4. I just went into total sorority mode when I saw the title of the thread...but SERIOUSLY, SHUT UP! SHUT. UP.

This totally came out of nowhere! The single is really lovely, and was the last thing I though I'd hear before going to bed, so thank you for that. I'm sure it will be one of the albums of 2010, considering the fact Made In The Dark was a total masterpiece. Their ability to make absolutely mental dance records like Hold On, and then something as heartbreaking as Made In The Dark, or Perfect Circle, never ceases to amaze me.

P.S. The EP with 4 reworked Made In The Dark tracks with Robert Wyatt and Geese was particularly impressive as well.

5. Oh this is fantastic. I've never been properly "into" Hot Chip past the singles and the song titles with funnier-than-usual names but this is probably going to change all that.

I love, love, love the dissonance of that one synth line. It's so great.

6. I've yet to hear it, but Hot Chip is truly excellent. I'm really looking forward to this!

7. Made In the Dark is such a great album. I think it's a better album than The Warning as a whole. I only like Over & Over, No Fit State, and Boy From School from The Warning.

I hope the new album is even better than Made In The Dark. The new track is hot!

8. Wow, they keep getting better and better, don't they? Can't wait for this album.

9. "One Life Stand" is streaming on their MySpace. It's really good.

10. “One Life Stand” (the track) couldn’t be more my cup of tea. I can’t quite put my finger on it specifically yet but the words: electronic, melodic, bittersweet and jaunty feature in there somewhere. Brilliant.

11. So, One Life Stand is the first proper single then...?

Take It In is so much better.

12. I've not actually heard Take It In yet. Google here we come!

I just searched for Hot Chip and found this thread.

edit: I now love Take It In too but in a more melancholy way. The album is shaping up nicely I see. I prefer One Life Stand though.

13. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

I loved it.

14. Oh, and here is the cover:

[​IMG]

I think this is the album that is going to make a proper Hot Chip fan out of me.

15. I like One Life Stand (the song) but it feels so "Hot Chip," whereas I think Take It In is a pleasant surprise and feels more like an evolution to their sound. Still, One Life Stand is by no means a bad song. I quite like it.

16. I agree, which is not to say One Life Stand is bad, it's just not up there with the best from the album.

Still, One Life Stand is such a clever name who can blame them for milking it for all it's worth.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.