House of the Dragon

The show is currently being shot, the cast is largely confirmed and production shots are slowly going on line, so I believe it's time for this to have it's own thread.

The story follows "the beginning of the end for House Targaryen", focusing on the Dance of Dragons, when the Targaryen dragon-riders turned on each other and Westeros paid the price.

Matt Smith (Dr Who) is on board as Prince Daemon, the Rogue Prince, uncle of Rhaenyra Targaryen (Emma d'Arcy). In all of House Targaryen's history, Rhaenyra is the one whose story and personality has the most callbacks (or rather, most foreshadows) Danaerys so it's not surprising we're getting a prequel where her story told.

One of their main supporters, the richest man in Westeros (richer than the Lannisters) is Corlys Velaryon, who will be played by Steve Toussaint.
Toussaint's casting represents a major break with canon, where the Velaryons are one of the only other Westerosi houses who boast pure Valyrian blood and the same looks as the Targaryens.
Nevertheless, it seems he will still be Valyrian, just a black Valyrian, married (like in the books) to Princess Rhaenys Targaryen (Eve Best), a half-Baratheon cousin of the protagonists who was passed over for the throne.
The story starts off with Daemon married to their daughter (Laena) and Rhaenyra married to their son (Laenor).

The other side of the conflict is mostly supported by the Hightowers, chief of which is Ser Otto Hightower, Hand of the King, played by Rhys Ifans.

Paddy Cosidine plays the King and Olivia Cooke as Allicent Hightower, his new queen and daughter of Ser Otto.

bcf.png

He/They
The show is currently being shot, the cast is largely confirmed and production shots are slowly going on line, so I believe it's time for this to have it's own thread.

The story follows "the beginning of the end for House Targaryen", focusing on the Dance of Dragons, when the Targaryen dragon-riders turned on each other and Westeros paid the price.

Matt Smith (Dr Who) is on board as Prince Daemon, the Rogue Prince, uncle of Rhaenyra Targaryen (Emma d'Arcy). In all of House Targaryen's history, Rhaenyra is the one whose story and personality has the most callbacks (or rather, most foreshadows) Danaerys so it's not surprising we're getting a prequel where her story told.

One of their main supporters, the richest man in Westeros (richer than the Lannisters) is Corlys Velaryon, who will be played by Steve Toussaint.
Toussaint's casting represents a major break with canon, where the Velaryons are one of the only other Westerosi houses who boast pure Valyrian blood and the same looks as the Targaryens.
Nevertheless, it seems he will still be Valyrian, just a black Valyrian, married (like in the books) to Princess Rhaenys Targaryen (Eve Best), a half-Baratheon cousin of the protagonists who was passed over for the throne.
The story starts off with Daemon married to their daughter (Laena) and Rhaenyra married to their son (Laenor).

The other side of the conflict is mostly supported by the Hightowers, chief of which is Ser Otto Hightower, Hand of the King, played by Rhys Ifans.

Paddy Cosidine plays the King and Olivia Cooke as Allicent Hightower, his new queen and daughter of Ser Otto.
smell-1501621604.gif

Thrones was never my thing, so I’m not the target audience for this show, but it made me smirk how heavily they leaned into the succession drama in the trailer. Perhaps admitting a little bit that this style of show might be past its expiration date, although I don’t doubt it will do well for HBO.

Thrones was never my thing, so I’m not the target audience for this show, but it made me smirk how heavily they leaned into the succession drama in the trailer. Perhaps admitting a little bit that this style of show might be past its expiration date, although I don’t doubt it will do well for HBO.

The succession is drama is literally what Game Of Thrones was about though? Ddd