How do I delete my account? | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

How do I delete my account?

Discussion in 'Forum business' started by Electrofreaks, Jun 2, 2015.

1. I was thinking maybe it'd be a good idea to have a one or two day period between someone asks to have their account deleted and it actually gets deleted? Given not only is it not possible to recover deleted accounts, but it's also currently impossible to create new ones, it'd be pretty awful if someone ends up changing their mind shortly after making the request, only for their account to already be gone.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  2. Good point, especially since some of the people who had their accounts deleted or stopped posting recently actually left before and then decided to return.

berserkboi and soratami like this.
  3. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Staff Member

I've got into the habit now of PMing the person (or responding if the request comes via PM) to confirm they are sure and ask if there's anything we can do if they're leaving because they have a problem with something going on. I have managed to save one soul that way, at least!

I did message @Reboot but haven't had a reply.

4. I'm just going to summarise what I wrote to @SockMonkey just now:

I have recently had a bad mental health scare and it made me wonder if this website is good for my mental health. I've wondered about this for well over a year but it's not really something I can write about on here. I'm at a loss as to what to do about it. I just need a very, very, very long break from being Reboot for a while.

5. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

*hugs*

Lots and lots of love, sis. Wishing you all the best, and I hope whatever you do gives you the help you need.

6. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Take care <3 <3 <3

7. This one is for bully @2014 & bully @londonrain

I wanna get deleted too please!

8. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

What on earth did I do to you?

citoig and JMRGBY like this.
  9. I send a personal message to u explain why I'm sick and tired of moderating abuse and now you reply with "WHAT DID I DO" ???

10. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

You’ve expressed your concerns to me. I’ve listened and replied. Where is this supposed bullying?

(And as far as I can tell the only “abuse” is us not reopening the Britney thread. That’s hardly an “eat shit and die” offence.)

11. You never replied

12. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Sis, you sent me two messages to which I replied, and then a third explaining how you were feeling and saying that you were going to get @SockMonkey to delete your account. I took that at face value and didn’t realise you wanted me to reply to that as well.

I’m sorry if you felt you should have got a third reply from me - had I known, I would have replied. But that’s not the same as bullying you.

13. Hello @SockMonkey, I would like to have my account deleted please. Related to mental health. Thanks in advance!

14. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Staff Member

Done.

15. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Staff Member

Done.

16. Deleting your account because the Britney thread wouldn't get re-opened? Go back to breatheheavy then I guess.

17. 2014

2014 Staff Member

18. I'm SCREAMING.

And honestly, being a perpetually pressed, humour-lacking ASS towards multiple rate hosts never sat right with me. Good riddance.

19. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

I think sometimes people forget that the mods can see edit histories for all the posts.

That “I wanna be deleted” post went from just “I wanna be deleted too please!” to “I wanna be deleted too please! the moderators around here are truly the worst” to the “eat shit and die” variation I quoted, then back to just “I wanna be deleted too please!” and then to the version you see above... all in the space of less than five minutes.

All this because we wouldn’t reopen the Britney thread?

Subspace88, tastic, citoig and 16 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.