How many people have actually left? | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

How many people have actually left?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SBK, Apr 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Exactly, you're not aware of what's going on. 'Off Topic' is awful now it's filled with...

'OMG LULZ GESS OO I DID UP TEH RONG UNZ LST NYT1!111! LOLZ'.

2. I have not seen one post even resembling that. I'm certainly not in any "clique" that you speak of, and no-one else is either. Some of us have just made friendships, which, I don't know, may or may not be a new concept to you, but it involves talking to each other, laughing with each other, making each other feel better when they're down.

Any sort of friendship on any messageboard is unavoidable. I suggest that if you don't like it, leave.

3. What for disagreeing with you? Not likely to happen.

And I find it highly amusing that people went out their way to delete their own accounts. It worked when people were burning their bras but deleting your own account is pathetic.

4. Have they gone? I shall miss Det Sandy Vag on movies. I liked his reviews. I bet they are lurking like a bunch of lurkers and will return soon x

5. Dewi

Dewi Guest

Ohh looks like there is more drama going on here than I thought.

I didn't leave (because you have to be a someone before you leave) but I just get bored of forums easily...especially when people fight all the time on them. Everyone has different opinions and some people just have shit opinions.

6. I'm not going to go off on one again, but surely this entire thread is a conversation only of interest to 4-5 people, and therefore is more suited to private messages or messenger services.

I'm sure the wider Popjustice user base isn't really interested.

And the "if you don't like it, leave" attitude isn't exactly a welcoming one is it?

7. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

Samuel - stop talking rubbish.

I don't know you and so of course I can't possibly know what you are like in real life. But you are making things up and exaggerating, which is not nice.

Colour me bored.
    I'm not leaving, but I won't be posting much until the current climate changes.

Toodles. x

8. Who the hell does that?

9. Maybe Vicky Pollard.Can't think of anyone else.

10. Aaaah. Having an opinion really isn't welcomed around here is it?

11. Whatever. Your opinion is really generic 'one size fits all' messageboard one. Nobody here types like that so do your research before slagging people off. You haven't got a clue what you're talking about.

12. I'm sorry but are you actually saying you've never even remotely mentioned your sex life on here?

13. Find me the offending thread/post and I will apologise.

14. I'm not here for an apology, nor am I here to argue with anyone I just think it could be toned down at times. I hear there's going to be some sort of off-topic-y forum anyway.

I'll leave it there, I don't think PJ wants this to be dragged on any longer and I'm doing just that.

15. Jesus, is all this still going on?

I can't say as I've really noticed these cliques, but then I lived next to a church for six months and didn't even know it was there. As such, I'm probably not that observant.

I do sometimes get slightly irritated by the endless posts between two or three users which have absolutely nothing to do with a topic, especially when it's in-jokes etc (surely they'd be better left to PMs?) It can make it difficult to find anything salient, but I just scroll away until I find something of interest.

It's a shame certain users have left. I will especially miss Detective Sandy Vagina. I always found him very entertaining. I suspect it's a temporary "spitting of the dummy" issue for most of these people though, and hopefully they will be back.

And what's all this about someone making disparaging remarks about people with autism? As someone who is a special needs tutor working exclusively with people with autistic spectrum disorder, I think that individual should have been banned, never mind deleting their account.

Some people just don't know where to draw the line.

16. Ahhh. I Love PopJustice.

17. I really have trouble understanding what everyone who's left hope to achieve. This place (as in Off Topic) has most definitely started to slow down in pace, but that was to be expected when the core group of people who posted here have all disappeared. People were only being asked to tone down some of their behaviour, not all go for personality transplants because although Mr PJ has 'publicly endorsed' a couple of forum members, if everybody were the same it'd be boring.

The Pop & Justice board meanwhile, alongside the others, pretty much seems to be the same as ever, too. We're just down a few long-standing members.

18. vasilios

vasilios Guest

So who were the posters Mr PJ has 'publicly endorsed' then? I missed that as well.

19. Maureen and Christopher.

20. vasilios

vasilios Guest

There's a Christopher? What Avatar?

I know/remember Maureen because of her 'feat. Maureen Walsh' Bomb The Bass fame/name.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.