How to Get Away with Murder (ABC) | The Popjustice Forum

How to Get Away with Murder (ABC)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Rhombus, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Anyone else watch the pilot last night?

I thought it was brilliant. Worked great as an introduction, a standalone episode, and part of a story arc.

Leopold likes this.
  2. Got this DVRed, should watch it sometime this weekend.

3. If its on Hulu I'll watch it. Any show with a reference to a rimjob flips my fancy.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
  4. It wasn't a fantastic pilot or anything but it showed some promise. The cast can all act, the premise is intriguing enough and then there's Viola Davis.

The characters were paper thin though and the legal stuff didn't suit a show this trashy.

5. I really enjoyed that! Perched for the next episode.

6. My thoughts precisely. They did just enough right to grab my attention and make me commit to another episode. A much better pilot than, say, Madam Secretary. (Anyone watch that? I thought it was all kinds of awful.)

7. I'm planning to watch it when it starts on Universal over here, which is apparently sometime in October. Luckily, it's off to a flying start in the ratings, has a plum timeslot after Scandal and won't face any real competition until The Blacklist moves to Thursdays in February, so you can virtually guarantee it'll be sticking around for a while.

8. I thought it was a very good pilot. I liked the cast and the story is very interesting; surprising while not being totally ridiculous.

Judging by the quality, the promotion and the gigantic ratings it got, this could be the hit show of the season.

9. Someboy

Someboy Moderator

It has a lot of promise, but I'd like to see more Viola and less law students. And now that I think about it, I'd rather they were first year associates instead of first year law students. Something more like the Patty and Ellen dynamic from Damages.

Rather importantly, it's a win for diversity on primetime, which is only a good thing.

10. I loved it. Definitely a stronger pilot than Grey's and maybe on par with Scandal. I expect it to only get better in coming episodes, especially with Viola. Aja Naomi King (Michaela) really had me perched.

11. I only watched for Mutha Viola, and she delivered. The show tended to lag whenever she wasn't on, and grown up Dean Thomas, who sucks up a lot of screentime, is quite a wooden actor, despite the rest of the supporting cast being pretty on point.

It's a fun, trashy show. I'll keep watching.

12. Viola Davis is incredible.

13. 2014

2014 Moderator

Is this on in the UK??

14. I imagine Viola will get more and more screentime as the season progresses, as she's almost certainly linked to all of the mysteries introduced.

15. Finished the pilot. It was incredible. The rimming scene was hot. Hopefully it doesn't go to shit from here.

16. That was incredible.

17. Loved this. The way the pilot managed to introduce all the characters and tell three different stories which don't all take place in the same time period without being a complete mess is a real testament to the writing.

I have high hopes for this show, especially as they're only doing 15ish episodes per season, which should hopefully allow the show to avoid midseason lulls

18. The rimming scene was indeed hot, more in the future would be grrrrreat.

19. Suspense, murder, rimming, Matt McGorry, this show has everything.

20. Watched the pilot. Thought the pacing, plot etc were all brilliant. Anticipating the next episode.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.