Howard Jones - New single / shows | The Popjustice Forum

Howard Jones - New single / shows

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by rseamer, Nov 8, 2009.

1. It isn't really a comeback as such, as he's never stopped recording / playing, and it isn't a rehash of old 80's stuff, but the spiked haired synth wizard of What Is Love fame has a new single out. It's very 'mature' sounding a bit like Gary Barlow. It's about his daughter leaving home and it's called Soon You'll Go.

There's a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soCIrYpv91A there.

He's also playing a show in Manchester and Cardiff this week...the one in Cardiff is with a male welsh choir !

It's not exactly New Song or Pearl In The Shell , but is pretty sweet and endearing - very personal lyrics.

2. Oh, I've literally just seen a promo for this at a record fair today...(£6!), so as soon as I got back home I had a look on amazon for the album, which is out tomorrow. Looks intruiging, I always buy his albums anyway so that's a given sale from me.

I always hoped he'd make more albums like Human's Lib, but he chose to move in other directions, so fair play to him. He was the first artist I got heavily into, so I always want to hear his latest effort.

EG.

3. The new album is not synthy at all I believe. I hear it is very piano / strings based.... basically like the single.

4. Yeah, he pretty much revisited the synth style on the last album, and the stuff he did with Ferry Corsten a year or so back. Both projects had some brilliant moments, albeit in a very modern/contemporary fashion. It'll be interesting to hear this new record!

EG.

5. Not really a fan of the new record.

But good news...he's going to be at Bestival this year !

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.