Hurts - Exile (Album & Singles) | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Hurts - Exile (Album & Singles)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by jtm, Dec 3, 2012.

1. BML

BML

Re: Hurts - The Mass (2nd Album & Singles)

Ah, gotcha. Thanks. It's been so long since I've had the album version and I've never come back to this one to compare the two. I can hear the differences now.

2. Re: Hurts - The Mass (2nd Album & Singles)

HA!

3. Re: Hurts - The Mass (2nd Album & Singles)

Bloody hell, the deluxe version of Happiness isn't half plentiful of extras!

4. Ray

Ray

If it's called The Mass it will probably sound like Depeche Mode's Never Let Me Down Again making downtempo babies with Condemnation...

...ah wait, I just described half of Happiness.

5. Re: Hurts - The Mass (2nd Album & Singles)

I love Hurts! I never play their music.

I like how I'm not the only one in this thread.

6. Re: Hurts - The Mass (2nd Album & Singles)

I'm glad it's not just me then.

They are a great live band and would happily see them play live again but I just don't play their album anymore......However I still play the Italio remix of 'Better Than Love' from time to time.

I'm looking forward to hearing new material though

7. Re: Hurts - The Mass (2nd Album & Singles)

I actually still listen to "All I Want This Year For Christmas Is New Year's Day" (well, during this time of year anyway) and, oddly, "The Water."

8. Re: Hurts - The Mass (2nd Album & Singles)

I can't wait for this. It's in my Top 3 Most Anticipated for Albums for 2013

9. Re: Hurts - The Mass (2nd Album & Singles)

Yes! Can't wait. Happiness is one of my favourite albums and I for one still listen to it regularly. I hope they don't move away from their sound too much.

10. Re: Hurts - The Mass (2nd Album & Singles)

I loved how the Water was played after Kylie's Aphrodite show finished. It was very apt, perfect for the moment and it really made me like the song.

11. Re: Hurts - The Mass (2nd Album & Singles)

I'll be the one on crotch-watch down the front in Heaven.

12. Re: Hurts - The Mass (2nd Album & Singles)

Take pictures.

13. Re: Hurts - The Mass (2nd Album & Singles)

I wonder if there s a hope in hell that Mylene Farmer might guest on this? They did remix Lonely Lisa and apparently the ex-gothmother is quite partial to them?

14. LJB

LJB

Got my tickets.

Excited.

15. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

The Water is definitely in my top three from the first album. Great lyrics, and an even better melody.

16. Re: Hurts - The Mass (2nd Album & Singles)

I was thinking about Hurts the other day wondering when a second album would be coming. It will be interesting to see how they progress (or not). I'd like something similar to Happiness but perhaps a little happier.

17. Re: Hurts - The Mass (2nd Album & Singles)

I think they need a few songs that are happier, more lovey-dovey and some more that are a bit heavier in terms of production. It's all very polished, so something a little chaotic would be a nice breath of fresh air.

18. Re: Hurts - The Mass (2nd Album & Singles)

"Happiness" is good winter listening.

19. jtm

jtm

March tour goes on sale tomorrow so I guess the album release should be before then.

20. Re: Hurts - The Mass (2nd Album & Singles)

Did I read something about the album being nearly finished? Maybe they'll just try out some new stuff then. Although I suppose it could all be done just in time. Do we know of anyone they worked with? Not crazy about the pompous title, but hey. They remind me a bit of Depeche Mode sometimes. Earnest, BIG in Eastern Europe, sort of overlooked at home.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.