Hybrid albums | The Popjustice Forum

Hybrid albums

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Mvnl, Sep 1, 2021.

1. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Or: when artists merge the songs of several albums to release it as if its one.
    I know these mostly when it comes down to trying to launch an act in the US after they already had previous releases in Europe, and often they basically release a compilation album as their 'debut:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Any other examples of these?

Wishlight and WhenTheSunGoesDown like this.
  2. This is probably better suited for another sub-forum?

Off the top of my head, there's the Mis-Teeq self-titled US album, The Saturdays' Headlines (when they tried to pretend Wordshaker never happened) and also the Chasing the Saturdays EP that was aimed for the US market.

VivaForever and Mvnl like this.
  3. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Yeah I was unsure.. I searched and saw other topic about 'Greatest Hits albums' and the likes were in here.
    It feels to me like a 'Lists & Charts' topic but since that changed into Charts & Rates I'm not as sure

4. Girls Aloud released Chemistry here in Australia, the tracklist included The Show and I'll Stand By You. I still find their attempt at breaking into the Australian market so bizarre, and also very shocked they never tried to make a go of it in the US.

Untouchable Ace and Mvnl like this.
  5. Destiny’s Child did something similar with their self titled debut and The Writing’s on the Wall if I’m remembering correctly.

Untouchable Ace and Mvnl like this.
  6. Mandy Moore?

unnameable, Island and Mvnl like this.
  7. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Not me thinking for a second the 'codes' next to each track referred to the original albums.
    What a messy way to print a tracklist!

WhenTheSunGoesDown likes this.
  8. At first I thought "wow, those are some fucked-up ISRCs."

Mvnl likes this.
  9. [​IMG]
    When they tried to launch Robbie Williams in the USA with Millennium.

10. "The Ego Has Landed." Well... they weren't wrong...

11. International edition of Blu Cantrell's "Bittersweet" includes some of the songs from her debut album:

[​IMG]

Mvnl likes this.
  12. Sugababes - Three (US version - cancelled)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sugababes - Change (French edition - actual Best Of)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Busted did the "US amalgamation of our first two albums" thing as well

[​IMG]

German pop star Sarah Connor did this as well. I can't find the back cover but here's the wiki. Stacked with bops. One Nite Stand shattered bussies worldwide.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
    Mvnl likes this.
  14. Island

Island Staff Member

The US Atomic Kitten album.

Mvnl likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.