I Am Boleyn | The Popjustice Forum

I Am Boleyn

Discussion in 'Potential next big things' started by backstreetjoe, Feb 11, 2019.

1. If You Go and AndrewX like this.
  2. If You Go and backstreetjoe like this.
  3. She has physical copies of her fabulous new EP through her website - she ships those herself!

Get them while they're hot !!

If You Go likes this.
  4. Just discovered this act thanks to the Spotify algorithm. Another Me is brilliant. Pulled me right back to the Popjustice Forum (not been here in some time).

Her cover of Infernal's From Paris To Berlin is very interesting. Reminds me a little bit like Kylie's Slow.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
    If You Go and backstreetjoe like this.
  5. Just been alerted that she's released a new single tonight "Until The Summer Ends' which a bit more uptempo than her previous singles. Her new slight change of direction is less Goldfrapp & sounds more like Kylie's Disco album had a baby with Annie's Dark Hearts which is something I approve.

6. Clicked on this thread because of the name alone.

Another Me reminds me a bit of Annie.

backstreetjoe likes this.
  7. OMG, I just realised the pun in the title of her Paris To Boleyn E.P!

Looking forward to hearing more from her.

8. backstreetjoe likes this.
  9. The "play with me, stay with me, (I have no idea what she's singing after that)" bit in Another Me is more than a bit reminiscent of "ride with you, die with you, I'd spend my life with you" in Betty Who's Wannabe, isn't it?

10. On Wednesday she did a show in London with Girli as support which is an odd combo. Maybe same management. The more uptempo Until The Summer Ends has definitely grown on me faster than I thought it might. Glad she's moving on from the slower early Goldfrapp vibe.

11. Love the new one! I like that she's going in a more pop direction as she was too in Annie's lane. Young Love sounds like a combo of ABBA/KYLIE and I think I am okay with that. Love the artwork too.

12. She's just done a wicked cover of Cruel Summer. Really going in the ABBA/Kylie direction now. The cover seems to be more influenced by the Ace of Base version. I like how the chorus is now right at the beginning of the song - very Swedish production.

13. Yeah - a FUN version! Glad that a new EP is on its way, too!

14. Really? When is it due?

15. June 17th

16. Thank you. Is there a track-listing out? I actually own the last one which consisted of 7 songs. This one might just be Cruel Summer, Young Love and Until The Summer Ends? It would be awesome if she squeezed one in before the 17th but very unlikely.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.