I Got New Rates I Count 'Em: 2017 Number 1's Rate (WINNER) | Page 23 | The Popjustice Forum

I Got New Rates I Count 'Em: 2017 Number 1's Rate (WINNER)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Petty Mayonnaise, Jan 8, 2018.

1. [​IMG]
    I haven't forgotten about you guys I promise. Life has just been mad hectic but should be slowing down, so I can wrap this up in the next week or so hopefully.

2. It's okay. Q2 is a good time to finally sum up the results of a passed year.

3. So... is Bruno leaving us at #8, then?

Or are we finally losing the second DJ Khaled song?

4. We might never know.

5. Keep it if New Rules was going to win.

6. (She may want to remain good, hence the lack of activity here, kii!)

londonrain and Sprockrooster like this.
  7. Ddddddddddddddddddddd yes sorry guys. I avoided the thread out of shame while I got through my move and got settled (and went through a break up, which is the real reason I haven't picked it back up sooner). I'll be wrapping up for real once I'm done with the PJ Grammys in the next day or two.

8. Thank care of yourself either way, love! (And come comment on the next lots of elimnees here!)

9. Alright girls. I haven't been completely open with all of you. There's been a lot going on the last few months, some good and some bad, but I've just felt really mentally and emotionally drained. I never intended to let this fall off the way it has as I genuinely do enjoy running rates very much, and I can confidently say I've done so successfully in the past. It's just been difficult to even make time to think about it. In retrospect, I should've been clear about what was going on, but I didn't think I'd end up delaying as much as I have.

Anyway, I'll be cranking out the rest of these results as fast as possible as I'm sure we'd all like this to be behind us. I hope nobody feels discouraged from participating in any future rates I host. As it turns out, hosting one with only your phone is even harder than you might think, but I'll have a new computer by the time @ohnostalgia and I start the Taylor rate.

10. @Petty Mayonnaise, hun, we get it so don't sweat it. Sometimes life just happens and of course it more important than a rate. Hope everything's better now.

11. @Petty Mayonnaise - Take your time, outside world is more important. If you need any of us to take over some guest eliminations also, feel free to reach out! xoxo

12. @Petty Mayonnaise - Hope you're doing well!

Is there anything we can do? Would you like me to pick up some guest eliminations?

13. After a time of great reflection and soul searching (read: moving to a new state, breaking up with my longtime on and off boyfriend and starting a new job), we are officially off hiatus starting tomorrow. Here's the plan: I'll be breezing through these quite quickly without quite as much fuss as before. I'm sure we're all ready to get this wrapped up, and that is what's going to happen.

Wednesday: Reveal Top 5
    Thursday: Reveal Top 3
    Friday: Finale

14. YAY! So happy you're doing better, hun.

15. *cries in grammys*

[​IMG]
    Bruno Mars - That's What I Like

Highest Scores:
    11 x 1 (@A&E) 10 x 6 (@Sanctuary @happiestgirl @Sprockrooster @Blond @Loner @iheartpoptarts)
    Lowest Scores: 0 x 3 (@Empty Shoebox @Fantasy @Petty Mayonnaise)

I hate this song. I hate how many Grammys it got. I hate Bruno's lazy pastiche of tunes from yesteryear. Most of all I hate how many fucking times I have had to hear this song. A song I already don't like. Do you know what that does to a person? It makes you put your rate on hold for weeks. It's a truly despicable thing. In all seriousness, Bruno is just so boring and pointless, and I don't have any use for this or 95% of anything he's done up to this point.

And yeah, in the interest of expediting this process, I'm not trying to dig up everybody's commentary that you wrote 84 years ago. Feel free to comment as we go and fight in the thread. Hope you all understand x

16. Mine was (totally forgettable and possibly not worth inclusion):

Bruno Mars – That’s What I Like 8.5 – Funky enough, a strong entry against this lot…

EachSmallStep and londonrain like this.
  17. I thought I 11'd that but I think I just changed my mind in the end.

It's very turn-of-the-century boyband. Like, it could've been a Justin Timberlake single or something. Nobody will like that but I do. Ha.

And it's soooooo fun to karaoke. I feel like that's pretty much what I wrote way back when but who knows.

18. I still have a 0 and a 1 left kii

19. I'm glad that's gone. I gave it a 4 and commented about how it felt like he'd already released that song ten times before. I've forgotten what it sounds like in the meanwhile though, and I'm not about to fix that.

londonrain likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.