I Got New Rates I Count 'Em: 2017 Number 1's Rate (WINNER) | Page 24 | The Popjustice Forum

I Got New Rates I Count 'Em: 2017 Number 1's Rate (WINNER)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Petty Mayonnaise, Jan 8, 2018.

1. My zero is gonna breeze into the top 5 at this rate, won't it? Maybe I shouldn't have supported @Petty Mayonnaise bringing this back... ;)

Empty Shoebox and londonrain like this.
  2. The only song left I don't particularly like is Symphony, that could go next.

Cutlery likes this.
  3. Wait, so what's left?

berserkboi likes this.
  4. Bodak Yellow
    Humble
    Feels
    Wild Thoughts
    Symphony
    New Rules
    Havana

5. Oh heyyyyyyy, my 11 is still here!

But when it goes out (likely soon), I'll cheer for 'Havana'.

6. DISLIKE button!

londonrain likes this.
  7. I gave it a 6 though! You're the one who still has a 0 left...

8. Personally I gave Symphony what she deserved
    [​IMG]

soratami likes this.
  9. another one

[​IMG]
    DJ Khaled - Wild Thoughts (feat. Rihanna and Bryson Tiller)

Highest Scores:
    11 x 2 (@ufint @Loner) 10 x 10 (@sexercise @dylanaber @Mirwais Ahmadzaï @soratami @Furball @Lost In Japan. @Posh Spears @Jwentz @EnsnareTheSenses @Petty Mayonnaise)
    Lowest Scores: 0 x 1 (@Empty Shoebox 1 x 1 @Cutlery 1.5 x 1 @KingBruno 2 x 3 @londonrain @Your Pretty Brains @MollieSwift21 ) I bet you all thought you'd get away with these. Get taste.

Years pass. Rihanna gets more hits. It's the way of the world. But really, y'all did this dirty. With this crop of songs, Wild Thoughts should've shimmied its way into the top 5 for sure, and should've definitely ranked higher than Feels and Symphony. I mean the video alone. Iconic. The Grammy performance. Iconic. Rihanna existing. Iconic. Even as just one of two features on a fucking DJ Khaled song (which is literally just a Maria Maria sample so really what did he do), I can guarantee just about anybody you would ask about it would say Wild Thoughts is Rihanna's song. She just owns it. Is it her best? Far from it, but it's just so much fucking fun. How can you resist?

10. Symphony higher than Wild Thoughts??? Get taste, indeed.

11. Another 1 in the casket
    [​IMG]

12. I'm not sure why you'd reference either of those songs in a thread about hits.

13. Edginess and lack of any worthy contribution
    [​IMG]

14. 'Maria Maria' is not fun. You hear a bit of that song and you're like, next. For the longest time I had no idea Rihanna was even on it and I could've sworn Bryson Tiller was a country singer or something.

15. Empty Shoebox likes this.
  16. My comment was:
    DJ Khaled - Wild Thoughts feat. Rihanna and Bryson Tiller – 3.5 – Can’t believe Rihanna is involved in this. What a dent in her otherwise fairly stellar singles run!

17. An appropriate segue though

[​IMG]
    Calvin Harris - Feels (feat. Katy Perry, Pharrell, and Big Sean(

Highest Scores:
    11 x 3 (@Serg. @HarryEzra @iheartpoptarts) 10 x 6 (@ufint @Rem @CorgiCorgiCorgi @Furball @Lost In Japan. @LA Hallucinations)
    Lowest Scores: 0 x 1 (@berserkboi)
    My Score: 6.5

If one of the songs from Calvin's album had to smash, why couldn't it be Skrt On Me (BOP!) or that one with Ariana? Feels has always just felt so...limp. It just never quite grooves the way it should, and the Pharrell feature is just...why? Katy feels underused as well, though her bit is the clear highlight of the song and despite my decidedly meh feelings toward the song, "don't be afraid to catch feels" gets lodged in my head at least one day a month. At least something from this era was a smash, I guess.

18. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

19. I knew it wouldn't last! Bop though.

Okay, Camila to wreck all your faves.

(I know it'll be Dua but let me have my fun mmmkay.)

20. TOP 5

BODAK YELLOW

HAVANA

HUMBLE

NEW RULES

SYMPHONY​

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.