I Know What You Did Last Summer (Amazon Series) | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

I Know What You Did Last Summer (Amazon Series)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by 4Roses, Aug 12, 2021.

1. Yeah, it's a strange idea when you consider how easy it is just to block a mobile number. Plus the text thing has been done to death by Pretty Little Liars alone so you'd think they'd want to remove themselves from that obvious comparison.

The trailers don't do much for me and I don't think I'll bother with this except perhaps just to check the first episode to see what it's all about but based on your review @lushLuck I'll steer clear.

lushLuck likes this.
  2. But will it match up to this?

[​IMG]

3. I’m glad to hear there are actually deaths and that they’re gory. I was worried this was going to be fully neutered. I’m curious but my expectations are low. I love the original two films SO much.

lushLuck likes this.
  4. So does the honey faced bukkake poster make sense in the context of the show? Should Candyman be worried?

johnoclock likes this.
    Steve003 likes this.
  6. I'm just curious if it's closer to the movie or the YA book which I admittedly haven't read.

Sidenote: Ryan Phillippe is still so hot, damn.

7. Definitely the film, but other than a group of teens hitting someone with a car who may be enacting revenge on them the following summer, the similarities sort of end there.

johnoclock likes this.
  8. I’m enjoying this. It has little to do with the book or the movies but hey, it’s a cute lil slasher tv series. Most of the characters are insufferable though, and of course
    they killed the least annoying one first!
    I find it much better than Scream.

Oh and I was SHOCKED to see a PENIS in the first episode.

thommyh and lushLuck like this.
  9. I’ve watched the first two episodes and I’m not sold yet. This feels like a decent CW teen show that I wouldn’t watch, but not Iike I Know What You Did Last Summer. I aways found the original film to be more of a mystery thriller first, slasher second and they haven’t done a good job of making me care about the mystery aspect. The twin thing is tired and cheesy and the cast feels very bland. I don’t understand the casting here or the original Scream series. Do new Neve Campbell’s, Jennifer Love Hewitt’s and Sarah Michelle Gellar just not exist anymore? They were young, but commanded the screen. I just don’t see anybody doing that for me anymore.

Steve003 likes this.
  10. I’m only into the first episode about 20 minutes and it’s very cringy so far.

Edit: They did play Poppy and Charli XCX on the soundtrack though so that’s been good.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
    lushLuck and Steve003 like this.
  11. Ok this whole story is a little crazy.

lushLuck likes this.
  12. How many episode? If this is 8 or less maybe I will give it a try. They at least need to do a cover of How Do I Deal if they want any viewers.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
    Robsolete and lushLuck like this.
  13. I will skip this then! Let's hope it bombs like the Scream series and we get a new movie instead, thanks.

14. This is how i feel about the new generation of stars. I might be my age but, I just remember how iconic the casts were in horror in the 90's.

15. Episode 2 really succeeded with the

kill your gays trope. God forbid they let the most interesting character live and his storyline play out a bit longer.

Holly Something, Uno and lushLuck like this.
  16. I was having this conversation yesterday. There's been a lot of new horror content lately that's teen-focused and it's frustrating how the cast always has this totally generic feel and lack of star power. They need to go back to casting 29 year olds as teenagers.

He, johnoclock and lushLuck like this.
  17. Even then you have a 23 year old Neve Campbell in Scream, 18 year old Jennifer Love Hewitt opposite a 19/20 year old Sarah Michelle Gellar in IKWYDLS.

18. I could not have rolled my eyes at this part more. While I appreciate a gory kill, it was so mean-spirited and unnecessary.

Uno and johnoclock like this.
  19. They couldn't afford the rights to an all time classic bestseller like that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.