I Think I'm Gonna Win This Time: The One Direction Discography Rate | Page 119 | The Popjustice Forum

I Think I'm Gonna Win This Time: The One Direction Discography Rate

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by ohnostalgia, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Melody/Production/Beat/Ad-Libs/Double-Chorus/Key Changes/Chorus Openings/Middle-8 >>>> Vocals >>>> Lyrics.

^ Basic Bop Bible, Chapter 1.

iheartpoptarts likes this.
  2. Ah, this would be why I don't suffer from it.

Also, how does one achieve good ad libs without good vocals? If one suffers, surely so does the other.
    [​IMG]

3. Everyone has their own definition of a 'good ad-lib'.

4. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

No no no no no no no. You cannot enjoy any of this stuff if the vocals are shit. I can't stand this line of thought.

eccentricsimply likes this.
  5. Music appreciation is subjective. Basic bop lovers actually like the vocals they are hearing, consider them 'good', and all part of the total package of sound that we're enjoying.

6. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Poor them.

VivaForever likes this.
  7. Well, umm, okay I guess.

8. Girl I'm an Atomic Kitten fan. I'm used to ignoring iffy vocals.

Unless they're REALLY bad (Louis/Kerry/NicoWAHWAH) I don't usually notice them until I specifically listen for them. I do tend to notice production and overall sound more than any particular instrument (including voice).

DJHazey and iheartpoptarts like this.
  9. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

People bragging about this confuse me.

10. Love all this, except I'll stand by the sound of Queen Nicola's voice until the day I die.

11. I mean, some artists have really distinctive voices that can definitely influence how I feel about a song, but with One Direction, I've never thought of the vocals as a standout feature of their material, necessarily.

The only time something like that has been noticeable enough to affect my enjoyment of their music? When their vocal delivery goes all Ed Sheeran because they're singing his songs. Ugh.

VivaForever likes this.
  12. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

The amount of auto tune that was put in Made In The AM, for instance, would've made even Katy Perry sound like Ariana.

VivaForever and ohnostalgia like this.
  13. "Hello, did you call me?" Nicola, absolutely. "KIIIIIIISSES ON MY PILLOW" Nicola, no way in hell.

14. Kisses on my pillow forever.

15. Get help.

16. I've hundreds of those requests though, I want something more.

17. Vocal ability and tone are equally important for my enjoyment of music. There are singers voices I love tone wise whether they are strong or weak vocally and then there is Louis who I've never been fond of vocally.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  18. On another topic, the current thread title keeps making me thinking of this iconic moment in British pop:

(Skip to 3:30 for maximum iconicness. Also, this is the only Steps choreo I've ever been able to learn.)

Lost In Japan. likes this.
  19. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Do NOT taint Fireproof with subpar British girl groups please.

constantino likes this.
  20. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

Yo @ohnostalgia , Harold is probably sliding into Taylor's IM's with a "Heard you guys broke up are you okay? :/"

ohnostalgia likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.