I Think I'm Gonna Win This Time: The One Direction Discography Rate | Page 127 | The Popjustice Forum

I Think I'm Gonna Win This Time: The One Direction Discography Rate

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by ohnostalgia, Apr 1, 2016.

1. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Staff Member

This should have been a few places higher!

2. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

The only good memory with this song is Zayn being the only one not lip syncing it at the Olympics.

Island and ohnostalgia like this.
  3. Quite surprised it didn't get at least one 11.

4. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I scared the one potential 11 away. Says it all. This isn't a song you give an eleven.

5. This is roughly where I am happy to see it place. HOWEVER it is WRONG that One Thing ranked above it / is the highest-ranking single from the debut. No no no no no. Not when you compare those choruses.

iheartpoptarts likes this.
  6. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Your One Thing feelings are so strange. One Thing is superior to What Makes You Beautiful, no contest.

constantino and CorgiCorgiCorgi like this.
  7. Don't get me wrong, I like it a lot but it's very by-the-book whereas BABY YOU LIGHT UP MY WORLD LIKE NOBODY ELSE was just so killer as a hook the first time I heard it. I couldn't take What Makes You Beautiful off repeat for days, One Thing I was over fairly quickly.

8. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

What Makes You Beautiful is the textbook definition of by the book, that's exactly why it smashed....

wackseed likes this.
  9. Queen of scaring people.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  10. Well, that's kind of, um, bizarre.

It's the song that made One Direction, though! I would think anyone who already considers it a 10 could justifiably 11 it on that basis.

11. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Well was the conviction really that strong, if they weren't willing to go against me? I'd say no.

12. I feel the same about 'One Thing', for what it's worth!

Lost In Japan. likes this.
  13. Why do I feel like this spot would've been (more rightfully) given to No Control without @eccentricsimply's 1.

Whatever, I guess it did well enough. Also, screaming at Tell Me a Lie lying its way to the finish line.

14. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

If you change that to a five (I'm being generous as I doubt she'd have scored it that high), it only moves up two spots. Whether that would have it beat No Control, I cannot reveal yet. Plus you have to consider the tragic 1 that They Don't Know About Us was given... several songs in the Top 10 still got really low scores.

Also remember how it didn't beat a song that was given a damn zero? What Makes You Beautiful wasn't anywhere near the Top 5 throughout the entire voting period.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  15. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

I wouldn't. Maybe a 3.

16. What Makes You Beautiful should have been a lot higher. I 'only' gave it an 8, but it's just such a clever little song. It's extremely thought through, yes, but still very good.

17. Rest in pieces, basique formative bop.

Txetxu likes this.
  18. I'm seriously dying @ my 11 still being in. I expected it to leave mid top 30.

19. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

The true rate villain, ladies and gents! This is how it's done.

Also me too teeb re: your 11.

20. I swear I did not want to look like the bad guy!! I just usually prefer their ~*more mature*~ tunes over the poppy Take Me Home cuts, but I seem to be the only one #oops.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.