I Think I'm Gonna Win This Time: The One Direction Discography Rate | Page 29 | The Popjustice Forum

I Think I'm Gonna Win This Time: The One Direction Discography Rate

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by ohnostalgia, Apr 1, 2016.

1. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

Upset though not surprised. Not a result I contest because it's not exactly unfair. I have a tendency to like these songs nobody else does.

2. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

A boy I liked in 2012 loved Little Things. That should've been my first red flag.

3. This is going really well.

send photo and ohnostalgia like this.
  4. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Y.E.P.

I better see some nice comments about the graphics I'm slaving away making. Or else.

send photo and DJHazey like this.
  5. If it means anything, a 6 and a 6.5 are both really low scores for me, I really don't plan to ever go back to either of those songs again and probably should have rated them lower.

kii at this legendary dragging @ohnostalgia.

constantino, DJHazey and ohnostalgia like this.
  6. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

No, it doesn't help.

send photo and First2Run like this.
  7. Hey! I was not lying about my friend meeting them and liking Little Things, but anyway, my lowest scored song is officially out. Midnight Memories next please!

ohnostalgia likes this.
  8. Or what?

They're really nice graphics, teeb.

send photo and ohnostalgia like this.
  9. @ohnostalgia - Wait. You drag my amazing ski lodge fireside acoustic scene and then plan your ski accident so that you can go to said skii lodge and be attended to and have songs sung to you by Harry? Hmmm

ohnostalgia likes this.
  10. I don't think I'm even alive anymore after that Little Things dragging I just got. These write-ups are the literary equivalent of having 12 gallons of lemon juice poured on a razor blade cut. Rest in fucking pieces ME.

Seriously though @ohnostalgia how long has this ferocity been building up, because it is glorious like being set on fire by a million suns.

11. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I sobbed as soon as you posted this, dear. You're not going to like the next result and quite frankly I won't stop you from coming after the entire thread. There are much much worse things left in this rate than:

[​IMG]

#89. Truly, Madly, Deeply [4.292]

Highest Score: 8.5 x 1 (@Petty Mayonnaise)
    Lowest Score: 0 x 4 (@Daniel!, @Mr. Right, @Sprockrooster, @Up Down Suite)
    My Score: 6

Truly, Madly, Deeply is one of the five hundred bonus tracks available from Take Me Home. While not an essential One Direction song, it is one of their less tragic forays into acoustic music. Don't get me wrong, this song commits some lyrical crimes against granola, but there are also some - dare I say it - pleasant vocals from the important boys. And no, I don't mean [redacted]. While I would have loved to see so many songs leave before this, I can't exactly work up a fuck to care that this is gone so soon.

Let's start with the naysayers this time. First we have legendary rate villain @Sprockrooster (0)- "How awful was this??!?!?!" You know I asked myself the same question when I saw your Little Things score, but apparently there wasn't enough tragic Louis warbling for your taste on this song.

Next up, @Up Down Suite (0)- " ZERO. ZERO. ZERO. Z E R O." So.... a 6 then?

@constantino (2) couldn't resist parroting back the title- "I truly, madly and deeply despise this. What a crock of shite," while @Furball (1) relived some traumatic granola flashbacks - "The granola line was horrid."

@A$AP Robbie (4) also lets out his granola related issues - "Should I put Coffee and Granola on a tray in bed" FUCK OFF."

Shifting perspectives, @DJHazey (4), of all people, comes for the vocals- "I can't be the only person who thought this was going to be a Savage Garden cover (which I already have Cascada for). Instead I get a song with vocals I'm definitely not a fan of (Come on now, this is the first time I've mentioned this). It's just the tone that is used throughout the verses that's completely turning me off this one."

@iheartpoptarts (4) also pines for Savage Garden - "I didn’t want a ‘Hey There Delilah’ soundalike. They might as well have just given me a Savage Garden cover."

@SophiaSophia (3) pauses their Target protest - "Normally I'm annoyed due to being British and missing out on the Target exclusive songs but this is one case where I'm not bothered."

@VivaForever (4) reorganizes the album- "I think I would appreciate this more if it came a little earlier in the tracklist, because it would be a nice little respite/interlude. But it just comes off as ‘basic obligatory ballad’/’literal Japanese bonus I_CANNOT_USE_REAL_WORDS_PROPERLY_.’"

@First2Run (5) rounds out our negative nancies- "There’s something sweet about this song, but I find its melody completely lacking, as well as my usual problem with One Direction ballads: none of them seem like they care at all, they seem completely bored. "

Thank you, voters I don't completely agree with but also can't really drag. Let's hear from those of us who know there are bigger fish to fry in the One Direction discography:

@Posh Spears (8) is right on the money, down to their gratuitous Louis drag- " Some of the lyrics are vomit-worthy but it’s a sweet song and they all sound great, except Louis, obviously."

@sexercise (7.5) shares their truth- "Cute especially since it’s concerning their usually tragic acoustic songs."

@wackseed (7.5) fences it- "This is a nice chill ballad, your basic love song fare. Nothing spectacular, but this is a nice bonus song."

Unfortunately I did not receive any commentary from our highest scorer @Petty Mayonnaise, who submitted his scores with 8 minutes to spare. I nominate @eccentricsimply (8) to speak on his behalf- "So sweet, so lovely, it deserved more than it got. It didn't deserve to be a bonus track."

I guess it's true what they say; history always repeats itself. RIP Truly, Madly, Deeply. I hope they serve you unlimited granola in rate heaven.

And with that I bid my beautiful voters goodnight. I hope you realize that my draggings come from the most pure of intentions. I truly love you all and hate to see you falling in with the ill reputed One Direction opinions. xoxoxo.​

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  12. Listen, I'm not THAT pressed, but there's some real garbage in their discography that should've gone way before this.

13. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

If that's how you want to interpret my comment, go ahead.

send photo and DJHazey like this.
  14. I love how this is going, I love that we got to see 'Little Things' land in last place again, and... yeah, I just pretty much love all of it! Flawless work so far!

ohnostalgia likes this.
  15. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I warned you all.

send photo and wackseed like this.
  16. Even my 8 couldn't save it?! Mess.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  17. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Staff Member

That song was never going to live up the expectations Savage Garden set for it's title.

18. Let me show a sign of life, so y'all know I survived the first cuts. Amazing writeups @ohnostalgia

DJHazey and ohnostalgia like this.
  19. This is going really well so well. Well done everyone.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  20. KAG

KAG

Great write-ups @ohnostalgia, I hope 'Something Great' and 'Infinity' are out next.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.