I Think I'm Gonna Win This Time: The One Direction Discography Rate | Page 33 | The Popjustice Forum

I Think I'm Gonna Win This Time: The One Direction Discography Rate

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by ohnostalgia, Apr 1, 2016.

1. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

I'm not gonna say she's the only one because @ohnostalgia exists.

DJHazey likes this.
  2. Looks like I've managed to avoid a dragging...for now...

But I'm aware that I have several...unpopular faves...so lemme squirm a bit...

ohnostalgia likes this.
  3. @iheartpoptarts is a menace to society.

4. I_CANNOT_USE_REAL_WORDS_PROPERLY_, I'm amazed you've been able to keep track.

@Animalia -- He's pretty much the Season 1/2 Buffy version of Cordelia in our chat.

[​IMG]

Animalia likes this.
  5. Are you the Xander though?

eccentricsimply and DJHazey like this.
  6. I actually gave everyone roles and I was Angel, but I can see this as well considering I don't have the answers half most of the time.

Animalia likes this.
  7. Choosing Angel over Spike? sis. I hope @ohnostalgia was Anya, in true tyrant queen fashion.

8. No she's Buffy!

ohnostalgia likes this.
  9. Why am I not surprised.

ohnostalgia and DJHazey like this.
  10. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

What's next you ask?

Well I hope you're not a fan of a certain oft collaborator....

Or maybe I do- so you continue to suffer

Our next casualty is

[​IMG]

#87. Moments [4.647]

High Score: 10 x 1 (@Lost In Japan.) <- OFC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Low Score: 0 x 2 (@Fever, @SophiaSophia) <- Consistency Queens​

My Score: 2​

Ah yes, Moments. Relegated as a bonus track on the Yearbook Edition of Up All Night, this song just plods along for eighty years. Thank you so much Ed Sheeran, I really appreciated this. Besides the mind numbing pace, my main problem with Moments is (surprise!) the lyrics. I really have a fundamental problem with the boys singing "You know I'll be your life, your voice, your reason to be." Way to model unhealthy relationships for your young impressionable audience!!!! All criticisms aside, I'd like to give a special shoutout to Zayn during the bridge. He manages to give us a moment of brilliance even while singing some godawful Sheeranisms. That's how you do it [redacted]!

I'm beginning to think that @Lost In Japan. (10) is an Ed Sheeran plant. Besides providing factually incorrect commentary, they are suspiciously overenthusiastic about this little dirge-

"Sheeran’s best 1D collab. The way Harry pronounces ‘one more day’ makes my heart do backflips. The chorus knocks. And Zayn’s middle 8!!! Incredible, even if ‘kicking balls with my feet’ is Ed Lyrics 101."

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

@eccentricsimply (7) at least gets the best Sheeran collab correct- "After 18, this was Sheeran's best contribution to One Direction." I hope she enjoys the disgusted Zayn pic I posted, because it's also directed at her Moments score.

@Posh Spears (6.5) used to love the Sheeran?- " I remember this song being a favorite of many 12 year old fans on tumblr in 2011 but I don’t think it’s as well liked on here and probably rightfully so."

Speaking of 12 year old tumblr fans, here's @Furball (9)- " Even more nostalgic." Keep my name out of your mouth when praising an Ed Sheeran cowrite, sis.

@DJHazey (6) continues to disappoint me- " I thought I might give this a higher score behind the pre-chorus alone, but the verses are boring and a struggle at times. The biggest issue is how the chorus falls flat, because I could've warmed up to the rest of it if that had been on point."

While he tries to figure out what I'm thinking, let's say a prayer for our fallen commentary-less comrades: @Macsun (8), @MarkB (8), @Subwaykid (8), @Xanthippe (8), @Txetxu (7), @Mr. Right (7), @With The Bands (7), @tylerc904 (6.5), @MollieSwift21 (6.3), and @KAG (6). MY GOD. WILL SOME OF YOU GET TASTE.

Hateful commentary was sparse for this one. Apparently most of you didn't want to waste your time, and I can't say I blame you. I didn't want to think about this song either.

Let's start with @SophiaSophia (0) who is planning Ed's murder as we speak- "Let's just blame Ed Sheeran and call it a day."

@First2Run (4) makes their debut on the side of the light- "I know this is supposed to be a big and dramatic ending to the (deluxe) album but I really just hope I never have to sit through it again. Thanks." My prayers worked!!!!

Speaking of prayers, @Sprockrooster (3) found taste!- "Pfff. Such a sad attempt at creating a (power)ballad but falling flat completely. What is the duration of this track anyway? 17 minutes?"

@VivaForever (3.5) also clocks that power ballad influence- "Was this a glimpse at the power ballads that were to come? Hmmmmmm."

@sexercise (3) is to the point- "There are too many subpar ballads on this album."

@wackseed (4) puts an image in my head I did not need accompanying an Ed song- "Is this the sex song? I think this is the sex song." .... You owe me a million dollars for this emotional trauma.

While @A$AP Robbie (1) Just Says No to Ed Sheeran- "Literally two seconds in and I'm like OH NO ED SHEERAN HAS ARRIVED. AND HE HAS BOUGHT HIS ACCOUSTIC GUITAR AND SOME MARSHMALLOWS AND ROSÉ."

@constantino (5) fights the good fight against basicness- "OK, this is just TOO bland and TOO generic for me to enjoy…not enough fun. It isn’t awful, so I won’t be too harsh."

While @iheartpoptarts (2) reminds of us past wrongs- "Kind of like a predecessor to ‘Little Things’, isn’t it? As if we needed one." If only one could travel in time, sis. If only.

While I find a way to call The Doctor, you may or may not want to watch One Direction sing Moments live. Yeah, that happened.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  11. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

That's the best Zayn disgusted pic you could find? Sis...
    [​IMG]

Remorque, DJHazey and ohnostalgia like this.
  12. Not even included in the list of commentary-less voters this time...
    [​IMG]

13. God I love this forum's collective disdain for Ed Sheeran.

constantino, tylerc, DJHazey and 2 others like this.
  14. This rate is amazing. That's all.

15. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I didn't need to drag you this time.

16. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

17. Something something out of your depth, dear.

18. Louis sounds bad but his Over Again vocals are shocking. Should've given him the It Should Be Easy treatment. I actually like the chorus of that song but it overall falls flat.

I don't really hate Ed Sheeran. He's overrated but I enjoy some of his singles. His writing for other artists however, needs to stop. Tattoo is probably the best he'll ever do.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  19. I am glad all of these are gone but 18 is actually really lovely, so I hope the Ed massacre can pause for another 10 eliminations or so.

Tattoo and Say You Love Me are amazing, so he isn't all bad.

20. I mean... this spot could have gone to one of the Made in the AM songs that are all the same boring blur to me, but I'm still living for your write-ups @ohnostalgia.

ohnostalgia and DJHazey like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.