I Think I'm Gonna Win This Time: The One Direction Discography Rate | Page 38 | The Popjustice Forum

I Think I'm Gonna Win This Time: The One Direction Discography Rate

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by ohnostalgia, Apr 1, 2016.

1. ¿Por qué no las dos?

ohnostalgia likes this.
  2. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

It's not like I'm pulling a you know who here.... I'll be back tomorrow.

3. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

Lately I've only been living for rate results.

4. @ @Alchemy Jones v2.0 next time.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  5. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Who?

If it's really bugging people I can throw something out I guess. I just figured you'd all want me on my A game, not my blah a musical legend just died game. I've not been writing these in advance.

6. No, it's cool. I just live to drag.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  7. Shade but true.

tylerc, ohnostalgia and VivaForever like this.
  8. For what it's worth, I'm only doing that one today, precious.

eccentricsimply and ohnostalgia like this.
  9. I know who the dragging energy gets saved for.

10. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

Don't feel special, you don't get different treatment than anyone else in this forum.

Only Canada. But I like Canada, so.

VivaForever and ohnostalgia like this.
  11. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

*turns over, goes to bed*

12. It'll make sense tomorrow. *strokes hair*

13. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I hope you were just as eagerly anticipating my writeups.....

14. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

Of course! Neither are being posted so I'm going to bed.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  15. Same, teebs, though I totally understand the blah feeling all over. But what am I gonna do with this giant bottle of wine with a straw in it that I was saving for reading the results?

ohnostalgia likes this.
  16. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Drink to forget what happened over in the Shania rate.

wackseed and First2Run like this.
  17. Drink in honor of gay anime school idol girls.

ohnostalgia and wackseed like this.
  18. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I'm very excited to write tonight's eliminations.

19. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Hello hello!

Guess who's back?

Your favourite power hungry rate host, that's who!

Yeah, don't think I'm letting that one go..........

One album takes its first hit tonight-

[​IMG]

#85. Something Great [4.875]

High Score: 8.5 x 1 (@tylerc904)
    Low Score: 1.5 x 1 (@Furball)

My Score: 5​

Ah yes, Something Great. Most days I barely remember this is a song. Included as the 12th track on Midnight Memories, this is a cowrite between Harry and Gary Lightbody (of Snow Patrol fame). Isn't it hilarious how all these middle aged songwriters keep enabling Harry's MOR? ISN'T IT??????????????????????????????????????????????????? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA. GOOD ONE!!!!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS GARY!!!!!!!!!

My god Styles, get it together. How much more of this can I take?

Okay, nobody sounds particularly great (haha!) on this song. Let's imagine that they're all sabotaging Harry's MOR aspirations, because that makes me happy. And I deserve some happiness after trying to make a graphic from the same seven lines repeated over and over again. Goodness, this song is just so monotone isn't it? I think I gave it a 5 because I fell asleep and didn't want to bother with it anymore. I'm actually a bit ashamed looking at my score. But I didn't change it- I'm transparent!

Anyways, let's get to That Part. I think you all know what I mean here. Honestly, it's the perfect final act of sabotage towards Harry's MOR from the boys. If you ever ever ever have people try to convince you Louis Tomlinson can sing please refer them to this outro. Mere words cannot describe the atrocity. I hope you don't feel sorry for him now @Animalia! Although... isn't it convenient they just shoved him into the outro so people can revise the song's ending time on iTunes? At least that's what people on tumblr are doing!

I'm really not sure how you could muster up enthusiasm for this, but some people tried! Surprise surprise....

@Up Down Suite (8) comes for the chorus, which is confusing because it all sounds the same to me- "I was gonna give it a 7, but the verses make it a nice 8. The chorus takes away from it, though."

Oh look. It's @First2Run (7.5)! You can't make some people's taste up- "This is a great song but those vocals are pitiful, yikes." Tragic.

The only other positive commentary I received was from @eccentricsimply (7.5) - "It's really nice, but I always avoid the last 30 seconds." Such enthusiasm! I'm getting bored trying to drag people. Like it's just......... not even worth it?

Some other people claim to like this, but I guess they fell asleep before they could explain why. Or maybe they were listening to the eliminated tracks instead, I don't know. I mean it's the usual suspects- @tylerc904 (8.5), @GhettoPrincess (6), @Txetxu (6.5), @Sprockrooster (6), @MollieSwift21 (7), and @Lost In Japan. (7.5). I've lost hope with this lot.

Plus @Reboot (7) and @Petty Mayonnaise (7)..... for some reason they'll try to justify in the comments. Good luck with that one.

Even the haters were too sleepy to drag this much. Lots and lots of contesting the song title-

@KAG (2): "Well, this song is incorrectly titled. It's the opposite of something great, it's a complete snoozefest."

@A$AP Robbie (5): "Something forgettable more like."

@Animalia (5.5): "It's not though."

@iheartpoptarts (2): "Those vocals on the chorus are, um, not great."

@DJHazey (4): "Okay so this song was definitely mis-titled. The beat is sluggish and the chorus could seriously be improved by being a tad faster. Sorry, just not interested in this one either."

@constantino (2): "“Is it too much to ask for something great?” my thoughts EXACTLY boys, my thoughts exactly…oh and could they NOT with Louis closing the track? Lemme dock a few points…"

A few of you had more original thoughts-

@sexercise (5): "This album is so middle of the road."

@Xanthippe (5): "Louis, what are you doing at the end of that song?" RIGHT

@wackseed (4): "This whole part of the album really drags for me. All the songs sound the same. I thought this was Through The Dark for the first half of the song. Let's speed it up a little bit, kids."

@SophiaSophia (4): "MOR rubbish did you have Gary Barlow as your A&R for this album or something. The main problem with this album it's too samey and blends into one boring song. Who decided to let Louis sing the outro seriously…"

Last word to @Rasterax (2) who was the only person to make me laugh- "A total slog. Everyone sounds bored as hell on this song, except Louis, who sounds like a cat being strangled."

Is it over yet? I feel like I'm drowning in quicksand. I guess I better throw up a boring lyric video for consistency's sake-

#StopHarrysMOR2K16!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  20. In my defense, I literally don't remember this song from the title.

To quote @wackseed:
    [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.