I Think I'm Gonna Win This Time: The One Direction Discography Rate | Page 48 | The Popjustice Forum

I Think I'm Gonna Win This Time: The One Direction Discography Rate

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by ohnostalgia, Apr 1, 2016.

1. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I TAGGED YOU!!!! I needed another Harry stan. Somehow Liam became the fave with the voters.

MollieSwift21 and Jacket like this.

2. Yuck.

I think Changed My Mind is super annoying because Rami/Savan/Carl are so much better than that.

3. I got nervous because I always get Change My Mind and Loved You First mixed up and I thought this was the latter, which I like. That goes to show how forgettable this song is I guess!

ohnostalgia likes this.
  4. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Completely forgot what it sounded like too.

Deleted member 21339 likes this.
  5. I know you did! This is so ugly. I just forgot about voting dammit.

LIAM?! I have no words.

6. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I was disgusted when I realized. DISGUSTED.

How on earth Harry or Zayn didn't get the most fave nods is beyond me.

VivaForever likes this.
  7. Liam's just so serious (read boring). One of my IRL 1D fangirl friends used to have Liam as her fave but she's changed her mind (!) because I go on about how boring he is enough (or at least she told me she changed her mind, maybe to stop me going on about it)

ohnostalgia and VivaForever like this.
  8. How a gay forum ends up with Liam as favorite 1D member is beyond me.

Sprockrooster, wackseed and Subwaykid like this.
  9. How any forum that isn't mumsnet or something

10. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

Preach sis.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  11. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

Okay but I've tried to wrap my head around the Harry love and I just. don't. get. it. Like I get the cute factor I guess? But does he really have that much star power?

No one come for me for choosing Niall as my fave.

12. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Staff Member

I met Liam by chance and he was really nice about talking for a moment and taking a picture with us so he got my vote.

13. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

For me Harry just seems like a completely lovely and weird person. I also like his voice when he's not screaming (as he's picked up over the last two years). I love Zayn because he's an amazing singer. I like Niall because he's funny. I tolerate Liam because he can sing, but he's also said a lot of questionable things on twitter. We do not speak of [redacted].

14. Clearly.

A$AP Robbie and ohnostalgia like this.
  15. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I feel a tiny bit bad about this next cut

I probably was a little too harsh on it

(but only a little)

I guess that's what happens when you fill almost your entire album with godawful ballads

Even the meh ones become annoying by association

Yes, we're back to the love to hate album-

[​IMG]

#75. Long Way Down [5.700]

High Score: 10 x 2 (@Furball, @Xanthippe)
    Low Score: 2 x 1 (@With The Bands)

My Score: 5

Hello Melodramatic, Iffy, Trifling Army of Melatonin (MITAM); I've come to speak with you again. SIGH. The seventh track from MIATM, Long Way Down is yet another Liam, Louis, John, and Julian cowrite. I guess they've evolved from tragic eighties rock to not as tragic adult contemporary. I probably could have bumped this up to a 6-7, but I was exhausted after the one-two snorefest of Infinity and If I Could Fly. Learn to pace an album boys!!!!!!! The lyrics are also a bit too pat and trite. I do appreciate Harry's voice here (which is not guaranteed at this point in their discography), so that's lovely. Honestly, I thought Harry wrote this. It sounds like one of his ill advised trips to MOR. Guess we need to watch Liam's solo album with one open eye as well. Why do these boys insist on sounding like forty year olds?

Let's hear from one of our ten scorers @Furball-
    "It's one of the most emotional songs they've written, the ending is heart-wrenching" UMMMMMMMMMMMMMm. I wouldn't even list this in my Top 5 most emotional heartwrenching One Direction songs. Probably not even in the Top 15.

Up next, one of my emerging faves. I think @constantino (5) and I wrote our commentary together- "Hmmm…is this terrible? I can’t even tell anymore…either way, this track left very little impression on me, like a subtle breeze in early spring. It’s not awful so I’ll whack a 5 on it."

@SophiaSophia (3) really really hated this album. It's actually quite impressive- "What has happened to them where's the fun gone enough of the beige."

@sexercise (7.7) didn't ask for this, but won't return it either- "Really nice compared to the other times they’ve tried this shit. I wouldn’t go to One Direction for this kind of song."

@VivaForever (6.5) sees some flashes of brilliance or something, I don't know- "This shows that this album can actually be quite lovely when they aren’t burying it under horrible production."

I guess she'll have to wake @DJHazey (4) up- "I really don't have anything to say about this one. Yawn."

@eccentricsimply (7) has probably forgot this exists again- "I didn't remember this song, but it's not bad. The arrangement is really good, the lyrics are good. Sounds a bit generic though."

It seems like @wackseed (2.5) was traumatized though- "Ugh, I feel like it's been five albums and these guys should have more mature/eloquent lyrics. Like, if you have a spaceship that you can't land, that's just poor planning from the beginning, LEWIS."

@Posh Spears (6) brings up That Song- "Drops of Jupiter says hi with a lawsuit."

Let me take the last word to reassure @First2Run (6.5) that I do love him. Sometimes. "I’m just writing this here because I’ve submitted commentary for every single song but I have nothing interesting to say about this one.@ohnostalgia love me enough to post this commentary. Oh fine, the song is, uh, okay I guess."

Wow I completed erased this live performance from my memory. Okay, there was no live performance. SCREAM. Note to self- watch the video first so you don't get some horrible cover from a random youtuber.

I think I'm going to do two cuts for today. I'm sorry that the writeups weren't up to my normal standards. I'm just having one of those blah grey days. Let's hope for some controversy to shake things up tomorrow! xoxoxo

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  16. Listening through the discography reminded me how Harry thinks copycatting the Beatles is the height of the musicianship. It's a no from me.

17. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Okay you completely deserved to lose a 10 just for this comment.

18. I did, but we can pretend I didn't.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  19. The thing about being a Harry fan is that the fact that you're a Harry fan is constantly pissing you off. It's a "fight me in the Chili's parking lot you lanky muppet shit" kind of love.

Also I can't believe I gave a song I can't even remember a 8.5. Oops.

20. No need to waste too much energy on 'Long Way Down'! After all, nobody even remembers what that song is.

Meanwhile, I had no idea they stanned so hard for KFC till now. I'm learning so much!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.