I Think I'm Gonna Win This Time: The One Direction Discography Rate | Page 57 | The Popjustice Forum

I Think I'm Gonna Win This Time: The One Direction Discography Rate

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by ohnostalgia, Apr 1, 2016.

1. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I mock every one, including myself. It's out of love.

2. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I have nowhere to put this, except here!

"“Ryan Seacrest said “3rd consecutive week for Zayn on the top of the charts. Good news for his personal life too, reportedly he & his former band mate Harry Styles are speaking again” before he played Pillowtalk”"

What does this mean for us @eccentricsimply?

wackseed and eccentricsimply like this.
  3. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

This sounds as real as that tearful, moving letter Harry supposedly sent to Zayn telling him how much Zayn hurt him.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  4. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Harry would totally write a letter like that. I'm not saying he did, but he's always carrying that ratty journal around.

wackseed and eccentricsimply like this.
  5. eccentricsimply

If he liked Zayn, sure.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  6. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Oh.

Well.

Will this be a case of be careful what you ask for?

Or are you still bitter about the Up All Night murder spree that happened?

Guess we'll see!

#Justice4Olivia

[​IMG]

#63. A.M. [6.225]

High Score: 10 x 2 (@Fever, @Xanthippe)

Low Score: 0 x 1 (@Mr. Right)

My Score: 6.5

How many bands name their album after forgotten bonus tracks? Probably not many. And if they do I'm sure they have to release a non-floppy album, which did not happen here. Surely if A.M. was that important to the boys, they could have knocked out some of the dreck we mercifully eliminated and put this as the closing track on the standard. I'd take this midtempo over the majority of those horrible ballads any day. God, I don't think I'll ever understand what goes through their minds. Anyways, A.M. is the final bonus track included on the Majorly Ill-fitted Tracklist of Apathetic Moments. This is one of the more collaborative efforts on the album as all four boys worked on this with John, Julian, Ed Drewitt, and Wayne Hector. For once (!!!) the lyrics are the shining glory of a One Direction song, perfectly capturing the last five years:

Won't you stay 'til the A.M.?
    All my favourite conversations
    Always made in the A.M.
    Cause we don't know what we're saying
    We're just swimming round in our glasses
    And talking out of our asses
    Like we're all gonna make it (yeah, yeah)

You've even got some ambiguous Zayn lyrics if you want them:

You know I'm always coming back to this place
    You know
    And I'll say
    You know I'm always gonna look for your face
    You know

It's truly a shame the music lets them down here. It's pretty generic and doesn't do their narrative justice. Also I just need Louis to shut up for one song. Is that so much to ask for? If he has to be included, how about he does some spoken word part or something? Surely, he couldn't fuck that up? Well. Okay he probably could, but it would be far less tragic than when he leads the chorus.

So what does our chief MIATM enemy @eccentricsimply (8) think? - "It's really good. Didn't deserve deluxe track." .... oops?

@sexercise (8) is just as baffled as I am- "It bothers me when title tracks get pushed onto deluxe editions. This is a good one too."

@wackseed's (8.5) pleas fall on deaf ears- "This might win for the most successful chill mellow guitar-backed song on an album that is FULL of chill mellow guitar-backed songs. You really only needed this one, guys, what's with all the other ones?"

@constantino (6) doesn't have the history some of us have with the boys, so perhaps don't be so tough on him- "OOP ONE DIRECTION SWORE! THEY SAID ‘ARSES’!! That got me excited for a moment, along with the comfort of only having one song to go. I mean, this isn’t dreadful but it’s so bland and has been done better elsewhere."

Not sure what @SophiaSophia's (1) excuse is though. The lyrics are the good part! "The lyricism is terrible and annoyingly Louis was the only one who sang A.M the correct way but his voice is still crap."

@VivaForever (3.3) was also not a fan- "‘Talkin’ out of our asses’... well Louis sings out his ass so how would we know the difference?" I mean, you're not wrong there.

However, @Posh Spears (9.5) argues- "They make the word 'asses' sound surprisingly sweet. "

@DJHazey (7) is also team ass lyrics- "This definitely the song for a group of friends at 2 in the morning. Lyrics like "we're just swimming around in our glasses and talking out of our asses" are admittedly brilliant."

All this ass talk and poor @iheartpoptarts (4) is just trying to stay alive- "I don’t know how I even stayed till the end of the album, to be honest!"

@First2Run (6) does not agree with the title- "For being the basis for the theme of the entire album, this track is surprisingly random and doesn’t make a lot of sense." No wonder you've been enjoying my revisions!

@Xanthippe (10) snubs Act My Age- "Like we´re all gonna make it?” No, you probably won´t, but i really love this song. By far the best final song of all the albums. Makes me always want to start all over again."

While @Up Down Suite (9) sums up where I'm at with One Direction these days- "A little sad goodbye to the boys once this song ends, so I’ll let them go with a 9. When the album is over and iTunes starts playing the first track again, it gets you a little bit emotional, doesn’t it? I don’t know if they will be missed, as it was getting a little dull, but they made a great contribution to pop music. Cheers, boys!"

Cheers indeed.

That's all for today folks. All the love, @ohnostalgia.

Last edited: May 2, 2016
  7. Cheers to Love You Goodbye and A.M. going.

Stand Up going is a bit sad, because it's still better than the majority of Midshite Memories, but also because if it had to be an Up All Night track, it should have fucking been I Want.

iheartpoptarts likes this.
  8. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I Want is really good though.

CorgiCorgiCorgi likes this.
  9. Now girl.

I understand liking Olivia. I even understand liking What a Feeling.

But I WANT?

10. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Firstable, I don't think you can come for me when this is a sentence you just wrote.

Secondable, I Want is a nice little piano driven stomper. It's not the most amazing song in the world, but to say it's terrible is pretty laughable.

11. eccentricsimply

[​IMG]

12. Now those are the kind of bonus tracks we should be losing!

'I Want' always felt really odd and out of place to me. I thought it'd be gone by now, because I'm pretty sure it didn't last long when we rated it with @VivaForever!

13. Indeed, it was their second out!

(And would have been the first if I hadn't mistakenly included Forever Young because Wikipedia erroneously included it in the tracklisting I_CANNOT_USE_REAL_WORDS_PROPERLY_.)

14. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Yeah.... that was an X-Factor losers rate though.

15. I'm looking at the results right now and I'm suddenly worried for 'Gotta Be You'!

Deleted member 21339 likes this.
  16. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Are you worried we'll make a mess upon your innocence?

17. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Staff Member

Gotta Be You is still in when Same Mistakes is out??? That is very questionable.

Lost In Japan. likes this.
  18. Forget the lyrics, that song is huge!

ohnostalgia likes this.
  19. You're very questionable.

20. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

VivaForever and MollieSwift21 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.