I Think I'm Gonna Win This Time: The One Direction Discography Rate | Page 58 | The Popjustice Forum

I Think I'm Gonna Win This Time: The One Direction Discography Rate

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by ohnostalgia, Apr 1, 2016.

1. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Staff Member

I never would have put you down as a Gotta Be You fan Viva!

2. Fan is stretching it but I do enjoy it! Same Mistakes, not so much.

3. I'm quite sure I gave A.M. a 9.5 @ohnostalgia? However, I was like high or something while rating that so it definitely doesn't deserve such a high score. Perhaps you recording a 6 from me is an example of your mind-reading capabilities?

4. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Oh you did. I was reading someone else's score in the spreadsheet apparently. Not sure why you wanted this corrected!

5. Zarry is real wake up sheeple support the eventual collab~

Anyways all these recent eliminations were inferior to Act My Age, sooooo...

ohnostalgia likes this.
  6. You must really love me then *wink emoji*

ohnostalgia likes this.
  7. I think I'll be alone when I say I much prefer 1D midtempo songs over their uptempo ones. I think certain other boy bands have ruined me.

8. I can't believe how many high scores Love You Goodbye got.

Y'all should be ashamed.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  9. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

PAGE TWO?

You've all let me down here!

I'm not sure you deserve an elimination

But Zayn wore robot arms to the MET Gala so I'm in a good mood...

I cannot believe it's been so long since we said hello to this album.

[​IMG]

#62. Jessie's Girl Does He Know? [6.233]

High Score: 10 x 3 (@First2Run, @thefaceofyou, @wackseed)

Low Score: 2 x 2 (@ohnostalgia, @sexercise)

Thank the lord I get to cut something from Midnight Memories! It was starting to get cocky and that is unacceptable. What better song to go than the most blatant Jessie's Girl ripoff in ages? It's pretty much a miracle they didn't get sued for this one! Honestly I can deal with their plagiarism when they improve on the original, but this is not one of those cases. One of the fifty bonus tracks these boy's released, Does He Know? is unsurprisingly a LiLo collab with John, Julian, and That Other Guy Whose Name I Forgot. They were really scraping the bottom of the barrel with this ode to infidelity! Have you noticed how often the boys are cheating on Midnight Memories? What is up with THAT? The only good part in this song is Liam on the bridge, the end.

Of all the commentary I received only the amazing @eccentricsimply (4) clocks their plagiarizing asses- "I always start singing Jessie's Girl." WTF YOU ALL? IT IS SO BLATANT.

The only other negative commentary I got was from fellow low scorer @sexercise (2)- "Fuck off satan!!!" Does Satan know you move it like that?

Let's move on to those other people. At least @Up Down Suite (7) has their priorities sorted- "LIAAMMMM."

I think we all wish @First2Run (10) was our professor with their grading scheme- "What a huge chorus! (For a Midnight Memories track)." When you have to caveat something, it's probably not a 10. Helpful hint!

@DJHazey (7) appreciates this "anthem"- "Your typical ’we had a better thing’ anthem, but with a fun beat. The ’ton-i-i-i-ght...” part is a true highlight."

@constantino (8), our disposable house music king, is not very discerning when it comes to the "bops"- "Oh wait a sec, this is a bop! Obviously, it’s disposable and I won’t be seeking it out any time soon, but in this sea of downright bad songs, this sticks out for all the right reasons."

Oh @iheartpoptarts (8). Oh oh oh oh oh- "This could pass for something off their first two albums. So, basically, I approve."

@SophiaSophia (8.9) snubs all the good songs on Midnight Memories- "3rd best song on the album this should be higher up the tracklisting." Yeah, not even close there.

Before we get to the last word, lemme roll my eyes at the following voters- @tylerc904 (7), @GhettoPrincess (7), @Txetxu (7.5), @Mr. Right (8.5), @Macsun (7.5), @thefaceofyou (10), @Reboot (7), @Posh Spears (8.5), @Animalia (8), @Daniel! (7), and @Xanthippe (7).

This is where you realize @wackseed (10) doesn't know how many British people post here- " Another contender for my favorite on this album, this is a total jam that manages to be flirty and sexy and pining all at once. That chorus just makes me want to dance on top of a double-decker bus or whatever it is people do in England. "

Have a video!

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  10. What? Amazing.

Awwww, that's one of the fun ones, though! There are only, like, two Midnight Memories songs that are better than it.

11. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Yep! Particularly like this one @eccentricsimply posted!

[​IMG]

12. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

JESSIE IS A FRIEND
    YEAH I KNOW HE'S BEEN A GOOD FRIEND OF MINE
    BUT LATELY SOMETHING'S STRANGE AND IT'S HARD TO DEFINE
    JESSIE'S GOT HIMSELF A GIRL AND I WANNA MAKE HER MINE

[​IMG]

iheartpoptarts and ohnostalgia like this.
  13. I don't know why I scored that one high? Maybe I was congratulating them for avoiding any legal issues with the writers of Jessie's Girl.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  14. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Why are you always asking this kii?

VivaForever likes this.
  15. "We'll do well this round, no one else will know the British shows!"

(This is the part where she breaks free 'cause she can't resist it no more.)

16. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Staff Member

Jessie's Girl is a jam

ohnostalgia likes this.
  17. wackseed likes this.
  18. "Your secret tattoo, the way you change moods" is just undeniable to me. Why do you all hate my favs??

19. Zayn's been listening to Hannibal Buress, I see.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.