I Think I'm Gonna Win This Time: The One Direction Discography Rate | Page 66 | The Popjustice Forum

I Think I'm Gonna Win This Time: The One Direction Discography Rate

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by ohnostalgia, Apr 1, 2016.

1. (they have so many better big pop moments)

2. Catching up, I'm surprised at how Fool's Gold was done dirty. For shame people!

ohnostalgia likes this.
  3. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Oh don't worry, I expressed much outrage at that development!

4. This is going surprisingly well for me, actually. Gotta Be You is the wrong kind of stereotypical-boyband-shtick, it's just corny and lame.

If we're not afraid to kick out rubbish singles early on, let's chuck Drag Me Down out next, aye?

5. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

No.

wackseed and Animalia like this.
  6. body Nobody

ohnostalgia likes this.
  7. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Have a like despite you referencing the traumatic Lewis section.

wackseed likes this.
  8. A risky strategy I know. (tho, I do really like that hook).

9. Looking at all this Girl Almighty/Drag Me Down hate when there's still songs from Men In Trauma Angrily Mewling left here. Y'all need Jesus.

10. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

SHIT. There goes a title!

wackseed likes this.
  11. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

If the next song out is not from Midday Maladies or Made In The After Malik, skip posting it @ohnostalgia

CorgiCorgiCorgi likes this.
  12. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I cannot confirm or deny, but you should know in the next two hours. Only one for tonight though, I'm so tired from work.

Deleted member 21339 likes this.
  13. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Attention!

Attention!

Attention!

[​IMG]

#56. Why Don't We Go There? [6.467]

High Score: 10 x 1 (@Posh Spears)

Low Score: 2 x 1 (@eccentricsimply)

My Score: 6

I'm honestly surprised this bonus track from Midnight Memories made it to #56. It's completely unremarkable minus some nice synthwork. Maybe you were all so relieved to come to the end of Midnight Memories that you upgraded your scores? To the high scorers- you're enabling Louis as he wrote this with Steve Robson, Claude Kelly, and Wayne Hector. I thought I was over my bitterness about Louis and Liam dominating 1D's songwriting, but this rate has just reignited my anger. Fucking Lilo fuck off. AND GUESS WHAT? Louis, who unleashed upon the world 5S0S, has his own imprint through Syco. I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry because if any country would eat up the hapless pop groups he's going to "mentor", it's probably the UK. Good luck with that. Hehehehehehehe.

I'm going to open my commentary with this seemingly innocent question from @wackseed (5)- "This is an extremely vague song and I have no idea what it means. What is “there”? Where are we going? I need answers, kids." Honey....... come on.

I'll let @eccentricsimply (2) explain- "This is flat out a song about getting a girl to go further than she actually wants." You are not wrong. Problematic Direction strikes again!

Apparently this whooshed over @VivaForever's (3.5) head- "‘I don’t want you to be the one that got away’? Girl don’t worry you’ll never be The One That Got Away, because even Katy Perry can make a better song than this. In another life, I would be your girl…"

@DJHazey (5) doesn't seem like he's tolerating this, teeb- "Has that pop-rock sound, but at least it sounds a bit more updated for a change. All that does is make it tolerable though, because this will end being one that I forget about rather quickly."

@A$AP Robbie (7) is reminded of Teen Pop Direction - " I think the only reason this didn't make the album proper is because it sounds too much like previous 1D material."

Well there's only one way to find out if this is true. @iheartpoptarts (7)? "How about we don’t bury the chorus? But still one of the better ones as far as this album is concerned!"

Not so fast! @SophiaSophia (8) says- "It's very Kings of Leon isn't it." Knowing about four Kings of Leon songs, I don't feel qualified to fact check this.

@First2Run (8) must have mixed up their commentary for Fireproof here- "I’m in love with the way that this song builds on itself and rolls along all the way to the end."

@constantino (8) was parched after traversing the Midnight Memories desert- "OK, this is actually a pretty good rock-pop song. It’s far from original, but that’s expected, but it’s catchy, energetic and it does the job. I wasn’t expecting to find an enjoyable song this deep into the track listing, so colour me surprised!"

Before I get to our final comment, let me just expose those people who pushed this up into the fifties- @tylerc904 (7), @KAG (7), @Txetxu (7), @Lost In Japan. (8), @Sprockrooster (7), @Macsun (7.5), @With The Bands (8), @thefaceofyou (8), @sexercise (7.5), @Subwaykid (7), @Rasterax (7), @Animalia (7.5), @Petty Mayonnaise (9), and @Xanthippe (7). Let's see how many of them appear pretending they forgot this already!

Final comment to @Posh Spears (10) who got all misty watercoloured memories on us- " I knew I recognized this when I put it on! My friend played it in the car one night while driving with the windows down, fittingly. Now I can’t help that this song makes me really happy." Excuse me I think you meant Style Perfect.

I can't believe they sang this one live! ... Okay that's a lie. I expect the worst of them at all times.

Last edited: May 6, 2016
  14. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

Disgusted at all of you.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  15. Aw! I actually find it cool that I was the only 10-giver for a song. I'm not too upset- it was probably right for this song to leave here, plus I'm still numb after losing Gotta Be You so nothing hurts!

ohnostalgia likes this.
  16. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

This is going to be me after our next elimination tomorrow. Expect an essay on how you all did it wrong.

17. The suspense is already killing me! I wonder if I am one of the wrong-doers.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  18. YAS. A good result.

19. And we were just talking about drowning the vocals, too. Good timing!

I feel like people (i.e. me) were relieved to come to something more reminiscent of the classic 1D sound we all (i.e. me) know and love, but those tryhard rock guitars thrown on top of the chorus cost it a few points in the end. Not a good call there!

VivaForever and A$AP Robbie like this.
  20. I can't wait 'til we get to the top 40.

Deleted member 21339 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.