I Think I'm Gonna Win This Time: The One Direction Discography Rate | Page 69 | The Popjustice Forum

I Think I'm Gonna Win This Time: The One Direction Discography Rate

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by ohnostalgia, Apr 1, 2016.

1. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

[​IMG]

I realized I forgot to include you in that one Drake meme for the high scoring non-commenters. So I edited the original post and you can have this one too!

2. I assumed it was because I was already mentioned in the list of high scorers! But I'll take more recognition.

Can't believe this elimination.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  3. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

Oh...I'm actually not that upset about this. I think this song is pretty big in the 1D fandom but it completely flew by me, mostly because of the complete lack of Red Nose Day awareness in the States, I think.

4. I couldn't be bothered to listen to One Way Or Another again so I gave it a 6 based on the one time I heard it.

5. WTF NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Teenage Kicks was one of my 11-contenders. Highly disappointed!

6. There are good covers. There are good mash ups. This is neither.

Enjoying Drizzy tho.

VivaForever likes this.
  7. @ohnostalgia's write-up image made me regret my 8. I'd managed to repress them having Dodgy Dave in the video.

A$AP Robbie likes this.
  8. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

It's a rare day when we agree, but preach!

VivaForever likes this.
  9. But this song is worth an alliance. Let's hope it fares way much better in the boyband-rate.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  10. I'm surprised One Way Or Another is gone this early, but I won't pretend I'm upset by it.

Up Down Suite likes this.
  11. One Way or Another is SUCH a bop! Then again I love Little Mix's Word Up! as well, so maybe these charity covers are just "my thing".

VivaForever and ohnostalgia like this.
  12. I like Little Mix's Word Up!, so I'm not anti-this-sorta-thing

13. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I'm just going to stop you there-

[​IMG]

I'm really going to enjoy getting my revenge on some of these haters with this next elimination, mwahahahaha.

14. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Ah yes.

It's a new day.

It's a new dawn.

[​IMG]

And I'm feeling good.

[​IMG]

#54. Right Now [6.500]

High Score: 10 x 3 (@CorgiCorgiCorgi, @sexercise, @Up Down Suite)

Low Score: 3 x 1 (@Rasterax)

My Score: 7

I don't even hate this song, but it feels great to get revenge on @CorgiCorgiCorgi. I also am less impressed with the ninth track from Midnight Memories after suffering through the marathon of beige mediocrity that was @Beginner's Ryan Tedder rate. Probably would've knocked it down to a six if I knew how much it sounded like all of his other songs. Serious question: does Ryan bring anything new to the table when working with other artists? We all know that Harry, Liam, and Louis are young songwriters with an aptitude towards plagiarism; they weren't going to do well when writing with the King of Unoriginal Ideas. I gave this a seven because it's a decent midtempo with some interesting production. Zayn also sounds amazing on the chorus. I couldn't go higher than a seven for the following reasons: it's boring, Louis opens the song, and it's a touch long even though it's only 3:20! So how did this nice tune beat out so many more amazing tunes and land at 54? A combination of people blindly stanning Zayn, loving adult contemporary pop-rock, and a general feeling of that'll do.

I love Zayn more than most people on this forum, but a good chorus does not equal a 10 @CorgiCorgiCorgi- "Zayn is killing it in that chorus!"

@sexercise (10) needs to get their life to Mind of Mine, because this comment is unacceptable- "Zayn’s best vocal. Poor Pillowtrash." @eccentricsimply please help me!

"This song deserves a 9 for the chorus alone. But overall it's genuinely one of the best in the album." - @eccentricsimply . Well then.

@Up Down Suite (10) sets off several red flags and is well on their way to becoming my new nemesis- " Zayn sounds majestic on this one, I must admit. The essence of the album for me, it reminds me that Midnight Memories is their best collection of songs."

OH. Zayn sounds amazing at all times and I'm frankly stunned by your comment. It's not like this is Louis we're talking about, you don't have to "admit" anything. Zayn sounds damn amazing all the time and if you can't hear that then I don't know what to say. Like I'm honestly just aghast. Don't get me started on that MM comment. 1D is "lucky" they put out Men In Terrible Agony Moaning, because MM has always been a mediocre mess and was until November 2015 their worst album. LORD'T the opinions you're forced to read when you host a rate. MESSSSSSSSSSS.

@Xanthippe (9) keeps losing high scores left, right, and centre. Poor dear- " Like sitting by the fireside on a winter day."

So does @Posh Spears (9)- "Sweet and enjoyable." Is it though? Is it?

Oh here's @Animalia (7.5) who compares this to Coldplay, which I don't hear at all (yes I've listened to all of their albums)- "This is a bit too Coldplay-esque for me to score it any than this, m'fraid."

I'm wondering if @wackseed (7) mixed up Harry and Zayn's voices, which honestly did happen a lot back in the day. I pointed that out on the Zayn thread once and almost got murdered, but it's true- "This is a bit of a change of pace – slower and less peppy than most of the other songs on this album. It's nice, though, and Harry sounds amazing. "

Most of the high scorers commented, but I need to get some glee out of @Fever (8) because they trashed my beloved mashup that I'm still not over.

Okay, let's move on to the people not so impressed. I laughed when I read this, because he's so predictable. "This starts of so well, but tends to fall really flat" - @Sprockrooster (6.5). Did you want him to sing the whole thing? Actually I don't want to know the answer.

Imagine that @DJHazey (6) wrote this before participating in the Tedder rate. I'm sure it would be meaner now- "The Ryan Tedder track about longing for the girlfriend they’ve left home while on tour. Unfortunately, while pleasant enough, I don’t have really have anything else to say about this one."

@SophiaSophia (6) is going to pass on this one- "I would normally listen to songs in this style but I have no desire to put this in my music library."

@Rasterax (3) is one of the lucky ones- "I can't remember how this goes two seconds after it's over."

While @A$AP Robbie (4) calls it a- "bit dreary." No kidding.

@constantino (4) gave out 21 tens in the Ryan Tedder rate and even he didn't like this one! "Who thought it would be OK to give Louis the opening line?? Who is responsible?? I want names. Way to kill any optimism I had for this song, as minuscule as it may have been. Technically, this isn’t awful, but I just feel like I’ve heard this song a million times before, it’s very 2010-pop 101."

Last word to @First2Run (4)- "I couldn’t wait for this song to end, I’m actually not sure if it ever did."

They performed this live because of course they did.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: May 7, 2016
  15. I don't mind that one but I can't remember if I gave it a good score or not.

16. Screaming at your take on me in the commentary @ohnostalgia. No big loss.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  17. Indifferent. I feel like there's a reason I'm not in the Ryan Tedder rate...

ohnostalgia likes this.
  18. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

6.5, which seems to mirror your meh feelings.

19. My inital 11, I love this song so very much and they all sound great on it.

I know everything's meant in a funny way, but this was a tiny bit rude. MM is my favourite album of theirs because I like the laid-back vibe, the mix of upbeat stuff with the acoustic bits. I'm sorry that 'you had to read my comment', I was just giving out my opinion about an album I admire and the song which is my favourite from it. Whatever happened to people having their own taste in music.

20. A 6.5 is generally what I give to songs I don't mind the sound of, but would not actively listen to so that seems about right!

ohnostalgia likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.