I Think I'm Gonna Win This Time: The One Direction Discography Rate | Page 70 | The Popjustice Forum

I Think I'm Gonna Win This Time: The One Direction Discography Rate

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by ohnostalgia, Apr 1, 2016.

1. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

It was not meant to be rude at all, I've been doing this for forty eliminations now and absolutely nothing I've said has been serious this entire rate. I mean posted a bunch of Drake memes last elimination!

You can have your own taste in music but so do I. If you want to call my taste a mess on here I'm not offended. But I won't comment on you anymore, noted.

2. It's not about reacting on my commentaries anymore, it's just that the 'forced to read' bit made me feel like I should be guilty for preferring MM. The rate is handled amazingly, no doubt about that. Keep up the good work.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  3. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I simply meant it was painful for me to read positive opinions on Midnight Memories, much like it's painful for me to read the Lewis stanning from some members. You can feel however you want about Midnight Memories I don't care. I will continue to vehemently disagree with you, but that's about it.

4. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

Of all the shit songs in MM and MITAM y'all had to under score this one. You just... had. That Zayn chorus is everything.

I expect nothing from Liam stans.

sexercise likes this.
  5. #NotAllLiamStans

6. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I'm more baffled why this is one of the MM songs you're loving, sis. Like the chorus is not that great and we have way more songs with amazing Zayn parts that I'd prefer to hear.

Your 6 score says otherwise, dear.

VivaForever and eccentricsimply like this.
  7. eccentricsimply

That song live was the highlight of my concert, I can't help it.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  8. I WAS SPEAKING ABOUT MIND OF MINE (WHICH I LOVE) BEAST.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  9. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

The live version that I posted did seem nicer, I agree on that.
    Okay.

VivaForever and eccentricsimply like this.
  10. Check the receipts for the comment @eccentricsimply quoted.

11. eccentricsimply

I_CANNOT_USE_REAL_WORDS_PROPERLY_ @ @ohnostalgia changing her post after Petty quoted her.

Petty Mayonnaise and ohnostalgia like this.
  12. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Yeah yeah I edited my post, thanks for immortalizing my poor reading comprehension beast!

13. eccentricsimply

Too lazy to relive their thread, but I wanted to say it's cute that 1d stans still think they are coming back.

VivaForever and ohnostalgia like this.
  14. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

They still do? I mean maybe in the very far future for like a reunion tour, but I thought it was pretty clear they're over. Much more interested in Liam and Harry's solo efforts at this point.

15. eccentricsimply

I'm watching One Direction videos and... yeah, apparently so, taking the comments.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  16. Oh no, I like Right Now.

17. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

So. Yesterday marked the one year anniversary of a painful day in 1D history. I meant to talk about it, but I got distracted by expressing myself through Drake. But this next elimination seems like the perfect time.

May 6th, 2015.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

KABOOM!

These two assholes need to get their shit together. Some of you less invested in One Direction will not understand how deep the Zayn and Louis friendship went. For several years it seemed like wherever Zayn went Louis followed. They got high together, forgot lyrics together, and were general shits together. Whenever 1D toured via bus they had two separate buses- a party and a quiet one. Zayn and Louis loved Bus 1 so much they got matching tattoos. AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

[​IMG]

I don't think it's overdramatic to say that the twitter breakup permanently divided an already fractured fandom. One of my dearest hopes is that one day these two will get over their pride and reunite. Until then, they'll be....

[​IMG]

#53. Walking in the Wind [6.506]

High Score: 10 x 2 (@CorgiCorgiCorgi, @Subwaykid)
    HAHAHAHAH.
    Low Score: 4 x 6 (@constantino, @SophiaSophia, @wackseed, @With The Bands, @Up Down Suite, @VivaForever)

My Score: 7

Walking in the Wind is one of the bonus tracks from Men In Terrifyingly Awful Moods. I have no idea why it's a bonus track when the trio of awful ballads made the standard, but we all know by now they don't make the best decisions. Harry cowrote this song with the usual suspects (John, Julian, Jamie), clearly drawing inspiration from Paul Simon's Graceland. I'm pretty sure Harry mentioned this before the track was released because I remember being perched for his plagiarizing ass but being slightly disappointed he didn't completely go for it. I still really like this, mainly for the melancholy vibe and the lyrics he clearly wrote for Zayn (do shut up @eccentricsimply!). To add to the pain, they had Louis sing this part!

Yesterday I went out to celebrate the birthday of a friend
    But as we raised our glasses up to make a toast
    I realized you were missing

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

GROSS SOBBING. Oh god you're all experiencing the trainwreck that is my Zouis feelings in their full glory, I'm sorry. This is like the only time I care about Louis, don't get excited @Sprockrooster.

Moving on to the commentary, I received nothing from either 10 so we'll start with @First2Run (9) who has me screaming- "I imagine all of them like Pocahontas, running through the colorful wind, Harry’s hair flowing gracefully." I hope you're okay after yesterday's haircut!

How is @wackseed (4) missing all these Zayn lyrics, my goodness! "I don't even understand the point of these lyrics anymore, god, when will this album END. I really like the melody/guitar on this song too, and I feel like it could've been a good song, but the lyrics are just...so...stupid.... "

@constantino (4), the reason this exists is to give me painful feelings about Zayn- "Now I’m not saying that this is dreadful, but at the same time I feel that there is very little to justify its existence. It’s a little better than bland, but I got absolutely nothing out of listening to it. It wasn’t even memorable enough to excruciating or bad in a notable way."

Poor @Sprockrooster (8), he's going to have that window shut on him- "Where did this sudden fresh breeze suddenly came from."

@DJHazey (5) completely effs up the musical reference, per usual- " Hey it's been a while since the 'Mumford & Sons' songs have shown their face. The harmonies are the only thing holding this together for me."

I honestly didn't see this as an @iheartpoptarts (8) song, but she surprises me! "Cute and fun, and the big chorus is a plus. Sometimes they’ve still got it."

@SophiaSophia (4) has questions! "I'm amazed how there are still directioners even after this album if I was one I would have unstanned after Midnight Memories." We all have our crosses to bear, this band is mine.

@Up Down Suite (4) is exhausted- "Gets a little boring when you reach this point of the album."

@sexercise (7.2) is a poster of few words- "Nice enough."

After taking all Liam fans to task, hypocritical @eccentricsimply (5) blesses us with this gem- "It's impressive to me how they went from making a lot of really fun songs or songs that were slow but that were good, to making songs like this one. I'm genuinely not impressed at all. The 5 is for Liam's voice."

@KAG (7.5) will close us out- "I like this song. I love the subtle African influences during the verses, the pre-chorus is sentimental and reflective and the chorus absolutely soars. I actually think it would've been a better farewell single than 'History'."

Last edited: May 7, 2016
  18. WAIT at these perfect eliminations.

19. Giving songs a Zouis interpretation is cheating, I can only give Mournful Inane Tootling All Morning so many high scores!

20. I don't care enough about that album to be bothered, but I'd say we just lost one of its better tracks for sure!

P.S. Why can't they all just get along? What a mess.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.