I Think I'm Gonna Win This Time: The One Direction Discography Rate | Page 71 | The Popjustice Forum

I Think I'm Gonna Win This Time: The One Direction Discography Rate

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by ohnostalgia, Apr 1, 2016.

1. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Look, it was the only way I was making it through that album, let me have this.

[​IMG]

2. I got really emosh looking at the Louis and Zayn friendshipgoals pictures

ohnostalgia likes this.
  3. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

Good fucking riddance to both the messy song and the messy friendship.

To be fair, Liam's talent is not something I question. Just his fans.

VivaForever likes this.
  4. How that elevator music ranked higher than Gotta Be You and One Way Or Another I'll never know.

5. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Let's recap.

[​IMG]

@CorgiCorgiCorgi - lost two 10s!
    @Subwaykid - lost one 10!

Who's next?

[​IMG]

#52. Temporary Fix [6.522]

High Score: 10 x 4 (@Animalia, @Fever, @Posh Spears, @Xanthippe)

Low Score: 2 x 1 (@Up Down Suite)

My Score: 5

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS. Another enemy bites the dust. Sorry but I'm not sorry @Fever! This mess needed to leave like ten songs ago. Temporary Fix is another bonus track from Moody Infants Tragically Are Moody. This is clearly a half-baked effort to recapture the magic of No Control, but it ultimately falls flat. It's almost impossible to listen to this without thinking of the superior No Control. I wanted to like this more than I did, but I'd rather just listen to No Control. I'm also not a huge fan of the heavy Niall featured throughout this. I guess it makes sense since this is one of his rare cowrites (with Wayne Hector and TMS), but my god how does he consistently sound so Irish when singing? Like honestly. I have to say Temporary Fix doesn't exactly inspire confidence in Niall's songwriting efforts, but he seems to be focusing on golf right now so we're all safe.

What did you all think? Poor @Posh Spears (10) has been collateral damage all day and this is only going to rub salt in the wound! "They’re not even trying to hide the fact that this is literally another version of them ripping off “One Way or Another” but I’m cool with it (it’s not like any of their songs sound original anyway.) What an absolute jam!" How did you miss that it's actually No Control they're ripping off though?

@With The Bands (7) sure didn't miss it! - "No Control 2.0, pretty good."

Neither did @wackseed (4.5)- "See, I started liking this song a lot, but then I realized that was because the verse delivery and the backing track reminded me so much of No Control. And then it wasn't No Control and that was...disappointing."

@Furball (4.5) has me screaming- "Temporary Fix: No Control's scraps reheated in the microwave. Tastes like fridge."

@SophiaSophia (7) is hearing a different group- "So you're pretending to be the Kings of Leon again Sex On Fire this is not."

While @VivaForever (4) is trying to bring back my personal hell- "A bit of a headrush of a chorus (kind of Girls Aloud actually!) but underdeveloped, and the rest of the song is completely unimpressive."

The lady of few words @eccentricsimply (3) is back- "Nah." At least @sexercise (7) was honest with me! "I’m out of commentary at this point honestly."

One Direction has driven @DJHazey (7) to desperation- "I think I'm just scoring this highly because it's finally something upbeat and the rock production really delivers a nice toe-tapping beat."

Same with @constantino (7)- "This Friends with Benefits, no strings attached anthem. The quality of the clip I was listening to was super low quality but even then I got my life to the chorus. This was exactly the fix I needed to get through the final section of the album."

Meanwhile @iheartpoptarts (7) is hearing.... early 1d? "Could almost pass for early 1D, though the melodies aren’t quite on the same level." I hear Midnight Memories if we're not comparing it to No Control, but okay.

Apparently she is not alone though! @tylerc904 (7.5) says the same- "A definite throwback to their early tunes, much appreciated at the end of this album." ??????????????

Since none of the other 10s bothered to tell us why they love this so, @First2Run (9) gets the last word- "I love this heavier sound, which makes an otherwise forgettable song a great moment."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 8, 2016
  6. I keep my batteries charged quite nicely thank you.

VivaForever likes this.
  7. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

[​IMG]

First2Run and wackseed like this.
  8. eccentricsimply

Blessings upon blessings.

Burn it!

ohnostalgia likes this.
  9. [​IMG]

10. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

We've almost made up for the injustice that happened yesterday.

eccentricsimply likes this.
  11. I expected this to go earlier honestly, so I'm not so heartbroken! This and 'Why Don't We Go There?' are my least passionate 10's. But gosh, I've really lost a lot of high scores lately haven't I???

ohnostalgia likes this.
  12. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

You have! I'm starting to feel like I'm tormenting you with every tag in this thread.

Deleted member 21339 likes this.
  13. When I saw that I was tagged by you in this last post, I thought it was my 11 for some reason and got scared. But like, that one can't go for a long time right?

Tell me I'm right!

ohnostalgia likes this.
  14. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

You never know with this bunch, but I'd be surprised!

I'm hoping to kick out 51 tonight to make up for having two days where I only eliminated one song. Just let me eat some supper first.

Deleted member 21339 likes this.
  15. oh wow wat a mess.
    I wish we could all get along like we used to in middle school. I wish I could bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles, and everyone would eat and be happy.

16. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

When you realize #51 is actually a tie. Okay, this is going to take longer than I thought, sorry all!

17. eccentricsimply

Oh damn I'm scared of what is to come.

18. Why are you tagging me about a band I intentionally left out of my rate?

19. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Because I was promo-ing your rate in case people wanted to read it?

20. Right Now is great. I hate y'all!!!

Zayn's album was alright but Pillowtalk will never be good no matter how much you try to convince yourselves. It's You fights Right Now for his best vocals though so I'll be nice.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.