I Think I'm Gonna Win This Time: The One Direction Discography Rate | Page 76 | The Popjustice Forum

I Think I'm Gonna Win This Time: The One Direction Discography Rate

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by ohnostalgia, Apr 1, 2016.

1. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

I WAS SO HAPPY ILLUSION HAD SURVIVED THIS LONG JESUS WHY.

VivaForever and ohnostalgia like this.
  2. I'm worried for Rock Me.

CorgiCorgiCorgi and ohnostalgia like this.
  3. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I'm trying to decide if I should cut the first 11 today or tomorrow. It's probably going to be tomorrow but lemme just strike fear into all your hearts.

VivaForever likes this.
  4. I have like 5 back-up 11s (at least) so I'd be ok with mine leaving soon. But not really.

5. Hmmmm, is it raining because we're finally losing some Four songs?

Then again, it's only a 6 for you, so probably not!

6. Awwww. I liked that one.

I think I'm actually more offended by your hatred of Material Girl than I am by your hatred of Dannii.

7. eccentricsimply

Poor sis @ohnostalgia wanted to do her job tonight but Zayn decided to drop a music video.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  8. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Well.

It had to happen sometime.

After surviving a staggering twenty (!) eliminations...

This, this music makes me cry
    It sounds just like my soul, oh

[​IMG]

#46. Summer Love [6.669]

High Score: 10 x 5 (@constantino, @KAG, @Reboot, @SophiaSophia, @Up Down Suite)

Low Score: 0 x 1 (@thefaceofyou)

My Score: 7

Oh dear. The final track on the standard version of Take Me Home, Summer Love was written by Steve Robson, Wayne Hector, Lindy Robbins, plus the boys. I think this is a song you have to be in a certain mood to play, but when you are it is glorious. I love strings so that's always going to rate high with me. There are also some stunning harmonies between the vocally capable boys. Songs like this prove there is genuine talent within this band, even if it's usually buried behind horrible production, awful lyrics, or Louis. Forever bitter that the world didn't see more of that talent.

I'm not going to talk much because you all had A LOT to say.

@First2Run (6) has never seen Grease! "I don’t know where the cliché of summer romances comes from but I don’t really understand it, nor do I relate to it at all. Also, this song drags a bit."

Not with all the straight talk you've been serving in the commentary @DJHazey (5) -"Of course the album's closer had to be some slower ballad with the guys reminiscing about a past summer love. Zzzzz."

Apparently some of you prefer white rappers @iheartpoptarts (3)- "You know who did a better song about this sort of thing? LFO. *shot*"

Well I'm sure @With The Bands (4) would remember that LFO travesty- "Forgettable"

Other Summer Love haters include @Mr. Right (3), @A$AP Robbie (4), @Rasterax (3). Have at it.

@Posh Spears (6.5) is testing my patience. Like a lot. "This sleep-inducing song would be better for Made in the A.M."

@sexercise (6.8) is dying for something new- "There’s about 20 other songs in their discography that sound like this. It’s still quite nice though." Except I genuinely don't think this is true. Awkward.

Even noted cynical One Direction hater @VivaForever (7) is a fan! "That chorus. Lush."

@wackseed (7.5), you know that not every song has to rhyme, right? "These lyrics don't rhyme at ALL I don't think you guys even TRIED. Still, it's another nice song, mellow and chill and wistful."

HOW IN THE WORLD IS THIS COUNTRY MUSIC. MY GOD YOU PEOPLE NEED TO STOP. Ahem @Animalia (8.5)- "Oof I'm loving this li'l foray into country, lads. They all sound great here."

@Sprockrooster's (8) taste continues to concern me- "This is quite the bop after all those horrible songs before it" Just quit it.

I bet you're glad you didn't do this @Up Down Suite (10)- " Almost my 11."

@SophiaSophia (10) pulls out my disappointed mother shtick- "My favourite ballad by them though the topic is sad but it's so annoying they can deliver a song like this but keep going for bland and twee."

@Macsun (9.5) faves are hitting it out of the park- ""Such a nostalgic track further enhanced by Zayn's soaring vocals and stellar harmonies by Liam. I hope@ohnostalgia highlights their Japan performance of the song. Zayn and Liam are in sync and the harmonies between both of them are glorious. Best live vocal performance by the band in my books.""

@KAG (10) is unexpectedly emotional! "This is your bog-standard boyband ballad. Some of the lyrics are really cliche and yet it strikes such an emotional chord with me. I love the strings. They bring some drama to the song and the boys all sound good."

Same with @constantino (10) - "Oh my God WAIT a second…this touched me in a way I honestly didn’t think a ID song ever could…it’s not even the lyrics, but the way the melody ~soars~. Im crine."

Here to ruin all this sentimentality is our dear @eccentricsimply (6)- "It's genuinely creepy how it sounds like they were all gangbanging a girl for the summer."

TOMORROW!!!! TWO ELEVENS FALL! Will I fight for their vengeance? Stay tuned.

DJHazey, constantino, KAG and 3 others like this.
  9. I seriously don't know how Summer Love made it this far... but I stan hard for its parent album so I'm not questioning it much!
    Perched and nervous.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  10. eccentricsimply

I'm almost positive my 11 isn't going to fall because it's A Tune.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  11. My 11 already got eliminated in the bottom 5 of the Ryan Tedder rate today, so @ohnostalgia had better rig the vote if it's mine.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  12. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Wouldn't it be hilarious considering what happened in the Tedder rate? No?

I'll need to boost some of my other faves in return. Meet me out back after school!

Deleted member 21339 likes this.
  13. We said this at the same time, kii. Awkward? Or cute?

VivaForever and ohnostalgia like this.
  14. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Why not both?

VivaForever likes this.
  15. No way it's my 11. Mine's in until the top 10 at least. Got to be got to be.

eccentricsimply and ohnostalgia like this.
  16. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I'm sure that's what most people think!

17. Not everyone has that payola setup.

VivaForever likes this.
  18. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I'm still pissed about One Way or Another theaux.

19. eccentricsimply

I was too #ztressed to realize which song was out, but I don't care about Summer Love, so all is good.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  20. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Those poor eleven givers should be thanking Zayn for giving them one more day with false hope.

eccentricsimply likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.