I Think I'm Gonna Win This Time: The One Direction Discography Rate | Page 79 | The Popjustice Forum

I Think I'm Gonna Win This Time: The One Direction Discography Rate

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by ohnostalgia, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Just a feeling.

2. "Are you mad? Do you possess anger?"

3. "Are you...experiencing hardships?"

Sprockrooster likes this.
  4. Writing this during a brief break from familial activities: I am too busy losing my shit laughing at all those god-tier 1D tweets to even be sorry.

VivaForever likes this.
  5. I don't like Never Enough. Sorry. (It does have some good bits, though.)

6. I aspire to reach @ohnostalgia's level of objectivity when conducting my rate.

ohnostalgia and VivaForever like this.
  7. Mess. When Outside is done wrong, I'll burn the thread to the ground for you.

constantino likes this.
  8. What, what?!? It's a horrible injustice!!!!! I'd turn on the bat-signal, but Liam is in the south of France and can't help me. Thinks about the fives or under left... I think I have to avenge it all by myself.

Last edited: May 11, 2016
    ohnostalgia likes this.
  9. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

In the very first post.

constantino and VivaForever like this.
    wackseed likes this.
  11. I will also do a disclaimer, just to cover my arse when I start verbally attacking the people who underscore Outside, Devotion, Paradise, Wonderman and Love Me Like You Do.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  13. Petty Mayonnaise likes this.
  14. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Just set the tone with your opening post, you'll be set.

VivaForever and constantino like this.
  15. Thanks! I appreciate you sharing your Godly wisdom with me!

VivaForever and ohnostalgia like this.
  16. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Upon further reflection I will end my strike tonight. I wish it could be longer but. Let's see if I can get some vengeance for our two 11s.

17. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

*Puts down my picket sign*

So. Yesterday happened.

That was a thing.

*sob*

This one.... this one can go!

[​IMG]

#44. Last First Kiss [6.692]

High Score: 10 x 1 (@Animalia)

Low Score: 3.5 x 1 (@Petty Mayonnaise)

My Score: 5

I am ashamed of you all. This mediocrity is what beat Never Enough? God, they weren't even trying here. At least the boys were striving towards something interesting with Never Enough. But sure let's keep rewarding the bare minimum effort! Sounds like a great idea! The fifth track from Take Me Home, Last First Kiss is another one of these weird Kotcha, Yacoub, Falk contributions that are just..... off. This is so monotone to me. I'm probably not explaining myself correctly, but it sounds like they're on the same three-four notes for almost the entire song. That plodding beat does not help. This wants to be a ballad plus an uptempo and suffers from not choosing one. The one positive is that there's not as much synthetic production to drive me crazy like on Up All Night. Baby steps I suppose.

Time to see what strange opinions you've all given me. @SophiaSophia (9.9) says this is her favourite but won't commit to the ten, so what is the truth.gif? "My favourite of their slower Pop Rock songs."

Apparently this is a ballad for @sexercise (9)- "A ballad that isn’t completely terrible. For them, it’s an accomplishment." Is it really an accomplishment worth a 9 score? IS IT? REALLY? GOD. ALSO #SPACES.

No, this is the opposite of that @Macsun (8.5)- "Another gem with a fantastic chorus."

I'm confused @A$AP Robbie (8)- "Lets write a song saying all the things our target audience wants us to sing." If you hate it that much, why are you giving this an 8? Where is your integrity?

People make mistakes. I continue to be disappointed. @With The Bands (8)- "Amazing."

Low expectations queen @First2Run (8.5) is beyond saving- "This song is not nearly as cheesy as its title would lead you to believe, so it has earned my respect. Also a decent bop."

Why is THIS one of your high scores @VivaForever (7)?- "Wait at this album being full of the power-pop bops I didn’t know I needed." Yes, a 7 is a high score from this one.

Not even this Louis shade is getting you back in my good books @wackseed (6.5)- "This isn't a new concept at all, but the lyrics are cleverly put together and I really am a sucker for all five of these voices in harmony on the chorus like that. ...well, maybe FOUR of these voices."

I would tell @DJHazey (6) to get taste, but I gave up on that three months ago- "Things get a tad more serious with young love in the air. The guys speak about finding true love and being afraid to tell you because they're afraid of how you'll react. (Aww.) The best way they can find to express this is by wanting to your "last first kiss". (and probably first you know what) I joke of course because this probably sounds so endearing to many fans, but questionable at best for me."

Alright is the perfect descriptor, @Up Down Suite (6)- "I’ve always thought the title was very nice. The song’s alright. Harry sounds nice on it."

@iheartpoptarts (6.5) sure forgets a lot of songs- "Solid, but I do tend to forget it exists in the midst of all those bops!"

Poor @Furball (6)- "There's not much to be said about the song where the intent is to score a friend's virginity." YOU ALL DID THEM SO WRONG.

Other inexplicably high scores came from @tylerc904 (7), @Remorque (7), @Lost In Japan. (9.5), @Mr. Right (8), @MollieSwift21 (7.5), @Reboot (7.5), and @Posh Spears (7.5). Please take a long look in the mirror and don't come back until you've made some real changes. This is a large crew of repeat offenders here.

@constantino (4) will not receive any rage in this post- "This is as bad as the song title…left no impression on me whatsoever."

Oh god. I agree with @Sprockrooster (4) which means you all really got this wrong, cause that almost never happens. "So generic I cannot deal. I feel like I heard many versions of this song before."

I am literally risking banning posting this last commentary, please don't report me! @eccentricsimply (7)- "Proper sweet song, but since it was pointed out to me that this last first kiss was referring to a different pair of lips, I can't take it seriously anymore."

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNI_CANNOT_USE_REAL_WORDS_PROPERLY

18. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

I wanna be last yeah baby let me be your let me be your last first kiss.
    I wanna be first yeah let me be the first to take it all the way like this.

And y'all thought No Control was the first non subtle song about sex One Direction released.

19. I don't hate it, its a jam. A really cynical, deliberately targeted jam, but its still a jam.

(aka, no integrity)

20. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

#realmusic.

A$AP Robbie likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.