I Think I'm Gonna Win This Time: The One Direction Discography Rate | Page 81 | The Popjustice Forum

I Think I'm Gonna Win This Time: The One Direction Discography Rate

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by ohnostalgia, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Then he deserves it. I haven't read back to get context but I know if Lewis is suffering, he deserves it.

ohnostalgia and VivaForever like this.
  2. Loved You First will be low-key missed.

thefaceofyou likes this.
  3. Basically everything is gonna hurt for me from here on out. I'm not ready.

Deleted member 21339 likes this.
  4. Good riddance to that.

5. Nooooo! After a relatively pain-free run of eliminations (some of which I struggle to remember what they sound like), y'all go and eliminate Last First Kiss, one of the best tracks on Take Me Home and by extension their discography. That chorus! Bye.

VivaForever likes this.
  6. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I'm pretty sure you're my enemy for some reason I can't remember. Lemme relish in this pain.

VivaForever likes this.
  7. We should probably just leave Take Me Home alone now.

8. Check the first few eliminations.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  9. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Ah yes, the Sheeran enabler.

VivaForever likes this.
  10. I can't believe I was the only one to give Last First Kiss a 10!?!? Get taste, y'all.

11. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Is this really the last stand you want to make?

VivaForever likes this.

12. I love that you've lashed out so much in this thread that you literally can't remember why people are you enemies.

13. I wannna be last, YEAH!

14. I gave Last First Kiss a 9.9 I was incredibly selective with my 10 giving and I have no regrets when it came to my high scores and I'm a pure pop lover and stand by that.

VivaForever and Animalia like this.
  15. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

My name is being used as a verb in other threads now, I don't know how I feel about this.

None of you are my actual enemies... I hope!

Sprockrooster and MollieSwift21 like this.
  16. Um I was using it as an adjective sweety xx

17. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

@Sprockrooster used it as a verb.

Sprockrooster likes this.
  18. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Lovely evening.

Well, until now.

Honestly, I'm a bit surprised about this next elimination.

Then again see: Act My Age, One Way or Another, and Never Enough.

So yeah, I'm not surprised you all messed up again.

Poor Niall. Twice a victim!

[​IMG]

#42. Don't Forget Where You Belong [6.767]

High Score: 10 x 3 (@KAG, @wackseed, @Xanthippe)

Low Score: 3 x 1 (@Petty Mayonnaise)

My Score: 8

Niall is One Direction's biggest stan. Let me show you some receipts!

[​IMG]

He's got all the merchandise!

[​IMG]

He knows obscure facts!

[​IMG]

Instagram comments; he's just like us!

[​IMG]

Gotta get those selfies!

[​IMG]

With all this evidence mounting up, is it really a surprise that Niall dedicated a love song to the boys? Don't Forget Where You Belong tells the 1D story from Niall's perspective, reminding his bandmates that no matter how far they travel or how tired they get, they're a family. It's enough to get you emotional, isn't it? Sweet sweet Niall.

Let me just conveniently forget how he disappeared off the planet for three months when the hiatus began.

The sixth track from Midnight Memories, Don't Forget Where You Belong is a McFly cowrite. This song has lots of magical moments but unfortunately has some elements that let it down. Let's begin with the intro- A M A Z I N G. The opening riff combined with Liam's voice is everything. The verses are very strong and the important members all sound soft and lovely on them. I'm not a huge fan of the chorus- it's a bit more generic sounding. I do really like the "and the proof is in this song" bit though. It's very heartwarming The worst part of this song, no contest, is Louis screaming on the bridge. I know it's the 1D love song, but that doesn't mean they all have to contribute! Silence is golden baby.

Moving on to the heartless comments, we'll start with secret Nellie shipper @Animalia (5.5)- "One of the worst song titles ever, probably. The song itself sounds like something Ellie Goulding would come out with nowadays (read: a bit shit)." Maybe they came up with the title together while they were pissing Ed Sheeran off in that hotel room!

@Rasterax (5.5) does not feel the camaraderie- "Earns some points by being their only (?) non-love song, but not many." Tough crowd.

@A$AP Robbie (5) snubs Niall's emotions completely in this strange commentary- "The thing you could say for this is that it doesn't sound like a reurposed McFly record, but on the other hand, its really boring. I don't understand why this is what they came up with for 1Ds growing up Rock Record." Aside from instrumentation, it's really not that different than some of the stuff on the first two albums?

@VivaForever (4), I don't do hyperlinks dear- "Well I know where this belongs."

@eccentricsimply (4) couldn't even give Niall original commentary- "Nice sentiment. [2]" Stay tuned for who got [1].

Other people who make Niall cry include: @GhettoPrincess (5), @thefaceofyou (4), @Furball (4), @Daniel! (4), and heartless low scorer @Petty Mayonnaise (3). I don't know if Irish people can curse you, but good luck with that.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

@sexercise (6.6) says it's "Alright." K.

@tylerc904 (7) is pining for more- "I was bummed they stopped working with McFly after this, I always liked their collabs."

From someone who's a Midnight Memories stan, this is an interesting comment, @Up Down Suite (7)- "I didn’t really like the song at first, but it’s the one I revisit the most from the album lately. It works really well in a live environment." But yes it was always A Moment live.

@constantino (7) gives you a preview of a different incorrect opinion- "I’m gonna sound like a complete hypocrite after my You & I write-up, but this is different because the chorus is great on this track. OK, it isn’t as ~anthemic~ as it thinks it is, but it’s pleasant." The chorus? Really?

@Macsun (8) is preaching to the converted- "There is something about this song. The intro and ending with Liam just gives me chills. Melancholic and triumphant at the same time"

You were probably just relieved you didn't have to write some random straight talk @DJHazey (8)- "It’s actually refreshing to hear a song that isn’t centered around a girl, instead discussing friendship and life on the road. The McFly co-writes have been dodgy so far, but there’s some decent harmonies and a nice chorus here. The clapping moments work well too."

Way to completely miss the point @First2Run (8.5)- "This song is pretty special but I feel like it could have been excellent with something extra. Maybe *gasp* a feature!"

Chief Midnight Memories hater extraordinaire @SophiaSophia (8.5) is a fan! "A rare highlight from this album would be a 9 but Louis' singing in the middle 8 I had to knock half a point for that."

@With The Bands (9) is looking ahead- "This really feels like a ‘final’ song for them, brilliant."

Someone blocked Louis from their memory! @KAG (10)- "I really like this song. Decent vocals from everyone, the chorus is catchy and the production is MASSIVE. You can tell it was composed with their stadium tours in mind. I love when the hand claps and foot stomps arrive."

I once again risk banning for the sake of commentary as @Xanthippe (10) is too overcome for words- "<3"

Final word to @wackseed (10), who's spent years crying over One Direction with me- "This song is absolutely about the boys as a band and thus I am weeping about it. It's basically the precursor to another fave of mine, Fireproof, and it's got that same heart and emotion in it. "

Here's their live performance from San Siro.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
  19. Awwwww. Niall is the best ever.

The song? It's good, but you're right that the chorus could be better!

ohnostalgia likes this.
  20. I had to look up what the link was and oh my god.

I was actually expecting it to go... here.

iheartpoptarts likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.