I Think I'm Gonna Win This Time: The One Direction Discography Rate | Page 87 | The Popjustice Forum

I Think I'm Gonna Win This Time: The One Direction Discography Rate

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by ohnostalgia, Apr 1, 2016.

1. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

[​IMG]

iheartpoptarts likes this.
  2. I feel a bond with you as well @ohnostalgia. I definitely don't feel a bond with people who dragged this average down below a 7. It was so close!!! This is seriously in my top 10 favorite songs of theirs.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  3. Back For You is good. That live performance of it is not.

4. Hooray! I think all my scores are at least a 5 and above now.

5. My 11 is sooo gone.

eccentricsimply likes this.
  6. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

If my 11 is gone before the top 10, at the very LEAST before the top 15 I'm going to be furious.

7. I have faith in my 11 to make the top 20.

8. There are like 10 songs I'm routing for to win and were nearly my 11 so I'm good.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  9. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Heheheheheh. I'll try to be timely with the eliminations, but it's my dad's birthday and he likes attention (hmmm remind you of anyone?). I may be going to a movie with him!

10. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

@DJHazey?

11. Petty Mayonnaise likes this.
  12. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Staff Member

Group of Take Me Home songs leaving was needed.

13. DJHazey likes this.
  14. Haha! I was thinking the same. Never knew the lyrics were based off on song lyrics.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  15. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

We have another tie.

Yesterday was a rough day for me.

So let's start with this one.

Good riddance....

[​IMG]

#36. Another World [7.042]

High Score: 10 x 2 (@DJHazey, @Lost In Japan.)
    Low Score: 2 x 1 (@Subwaykid)

My Score: 3

FINALLY. Released as the b-side to Gotta Be You, Another World has hung on far too long in this rate. I can't believe this track is the first to crack the 7.000 mark. Forget the worlds they're supposed to be taking me to- I despair for this one!

Another World was written by Achraf Jannusi, Bilal Hajji, Eric Sanicola, Geo Slam, Nadir Khayat, and Teddy Sky, and they all seem like nobodies (deservedly so). Reasons why I dislike this are many. Let's start with the terrible production that sets my nerves on edge. We're back to that awful dated artificial vibe that plagues a great deal of Up All Night. I THOUGHT WE WERE PAST THIS BOYS. STOP DISAPPOINTING ME. This leads directly into problem number deux- I barely recognize the boys' voices at times they're so distorted. Liam and Zayn seem to get the worst of it, which is a shame. Those boys can sing, you don't need to try and morph them into the voices of boybands past. It. Does. Not. Work. At. All. Also whose idea was it to give Louis a bunch of horrid long notes in the outro? I'd really like to sue them for emotional distress. And if that's not Louis then what an excellent demonstration of my point. You've made the other boys sound just as terrible as him!!! Next up, the song itself ain't that great. The verses in particular plod. Any potential in the prechorus/chorus is sucked dry by the teeth grinding production. This song is a representation of so many things I hate in pop music.

Don't get smart with me, @DJHazey (10)- "This is about the point where I ask our 1D-stan host, "How are you scoring these wonderful bonus tracks so lowly, bb?"

@Lost In Japan. (10) baffles me- "This is SO ‘millennial *NSYNC' and I love it." We already have an *NSYNC', why do we need another? This isn't even a good knock off!

I got off the train hours ago @SophiaSophia (9.9)- "Normal service has resumed after the previous track another amazing slice of Pop."

I'm assuming you mean hell, @Up Down Suite (9)?- "It’s also a bit too pop for them, but the last half of the song takes me places. It’s probably the song I’d have a fangirl moment on at their concert. The way Zayn ends it, just AAAAHHH."

Is this really a high standard @Furball (9)? - "I'd take this eeeevveryday over Taken."

Again with the low benchmarks @sexercise (8.1)- "Lost Backstreet Boys song? This is better than at least 5 songs on the actual album."

Except Niall, I don't think any of these boys worship boybands. They've always maintained they were a "cool boyband" @Macsun (8)- "A nod to their '00 Boyband heroes. Fantastic verses by Liam and Zayn with a solid chorus by Harry"

No, no, no, NO. @A$AP Robbie (8)- "This is the weird little forgotten gem buried in the bonus tracks. Should easily have made the album."

This is making me worried for the boyband rate, @With The Bands (8)- "Love the BSB/Nsync style production of the verses."

@eccentricsimply (8) gives us another glimpse into her dirty mind- ""I'll lift you up, I'll never stop/You know I'll take you to another world" As far as sexual innuendos, this only loses to "Waking up beside you I'm a loaded gun"

These silent high scorers are also on my enemies list, although let's face it they probably were before: @CorgiCorgiCorgi (9), @Remorque (9), @Xanthippe (8).

Why are you so generous for this tragedy but snub other better songs @constantino (7)? "They’ve done this better elsewhere on the album…but it kinda goes hard and I appreciate that. The amazing ‘eeeevrydaaayy!’ bits boosted its score a tad. "

Well, that's because it's awful @First2Run (7)- "This song is a recipe for greatness but doesn’t really affect me for some reason?"

How dare you compare these two @VivaForever (6.5)? "Okay, this is What Makes You Beautiful 2, the made-for-TV sequel that manages to capture a bit of the spirit of the original yet leaves me feeling unfulfilled."

Still too much effort @wackseed (6)! "I like this song a lot, actually – it's sort of like a space travel song! Y'know, other world? Like outer space? Listen, I'm only putting as much effort into my interpretation as the writers of these songs do into their lyrics."

Before I get to our last comment, shout out to the other low scorers! Stay strong! @Sprockrooster (5), @Mr. Right (5), @thefaceofyou (4.5), @Subwaykid (2), and @Fever (5).

I'll let heartbroken @iheartpoptarts (5.5) close us out with this scatching rebuke of all your commentary- "I vaguely remember people in the X Factor rate thinking this sounded like BSB. More like a Nick Carter album track if you ask me…"

S
    L
    A
    Y

Next up: the second half of our tie leaves, and I'm significantly less happy about it.

16. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Staff Member

Another World is better than Gotta Be You.

Lost In Japan. likes this.
  17. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

VivaForever likes this.
  18. Haha I don't know how that one got so far here.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.