I Think I'm Gonna Win This Time: The One Direction Discography Rate | Page 97 | The Popjustice Forum

I Think I'm Gonna Win This Time: The One Direction Discography Rate

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by ohnostalgia, Apr 1, 2016.

1. I wholeheartedly reject this Charlie Puthing, and retort that I voted it so low because the 1975 makes me want to stab my ears out, so logically the 1D version will do something similar to me.

2. [​IMG]

tylerc, VivaForever and ohnostalgia like this.
  3. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Hmmmmmmmmm.

I know many of you will not be happy about this.

Personally, I'm just glad you're giving my 10s a rest.

Sorry!

[​IMG]

#27. Nobody Compares [7.558]

High Score: 10 x 7 (@Animalia, @Petty Mayonnaise, @Posh Spears, @sexercise, @tylerc904, @Up Down Suite, @Xanthippe)
    Low Score: 2 x 2 (@Fever, @Furball)

My Score: 8

Let me just preemptively post this on behalf of the embattled @Animalia and @Posh Spears:

[​IMG]

And with this elimination our final bonus track leaves at #27. That is quite frankly ridiculous and I'm sorry that you all screwed this up so badly. Don't even get me started on how this is not the best bonus track or I'll be here all night. I hope that seal haunts your dreams. Nobody Compares is another one of the Yacoub, Falk, Kotecha contributions to Take Me Home. No idea why this is only on the deluxe but what's new????? I quite like Nobody Compares; it's a fun little pop song with a nice chorus. There are a few things that irk me about it though. This seems to be a common theme with me and the Swedish trio, but why this weird midtempo pace? Were you allergic to fast songs at this point in your life? Shame. Next, the lyrics. Is it really the smartest idea to start your song talking about how the girl you've hurt is pretty when she cries? Hint: probably not. Let's blame this on Louis and move on. Speaking of Louis, can't we shut him up? Okay, he's not even that bad in this one, but I just need him to stop. Just stop.

I made a promise to @Posh Spears that I would expose low scorers, so nobody is safe tonight. I noticed that Posh is a Britney fan, so this theme is in your honour dear.

@Furball (2)...... @Fever (2)......... I am disgusted.

[​IMG]

This seems a bit harsh, @eccentricsimply (5)- "Nah."

[​IMG]

Oy, @Txetxu (5) and @MollieSwift21 (5.8)!

[​IMG]

Well then, @GhettoPrincess (6), @Remorque (6), @Subwaykid (6)!

[​IMG]

What does @constantino (6) have to say for himself? "The first verse is jarring as FUCK…it’s either Louis or Niall, but either way, it’s like nails on a chalkboard. The middle 8 and chorus are alright, I s’pose." Psst.... it's Niall.

Okay. @DJHazey (6)- "The "NO ONE ever looked so good in a dress" is a great hook, but this song about dealing with a recent breakup doesn't offer much else."

[​IMG]

A semi complimentary comment about Louis is not appreciated, @With The Bands (7)- "Love this – one of Louis’ better moments and Harry is brill on this."

[​IMG]

@A$AP Robbie (7) gives us this interesting comment- "Such a sigh of relief when this goes off"

[​IMG]

Tsk tsk @VivaForever (7). You're murdering da bops with your indifference- "Hmmm this is a good song but I want to take a magic marker and write ‘2 U’ at the end. Wait that's 'Nothing Compares.' Never mind."

[​IMG]

There's only a few more seven scores left, what the hell. @thefaceofyou (7), @Daniel!, and @Reboot (7)?

[​IMG]

I better not see any of the 7 scorers whining in the comments, cause you all had as much of a part in this as the low scorers. Sorry, the truth hurts.

@Macsun (8.5) singles out the chorus as well- "Reading the shade about this song already. The Press stay pressed. The bonus tracks of this album rivals many of main tracks including this. It's all about the chorus again. AMAZING!"

@wackseed (8.5) is not a fan of beautiful crying- "“Did I do something wrong girl” well, maybe telling her she's pretty when she cries? That'd piss ME off. But damn, that's a great chorus. I hate the lyrics but I love the chorus UGH."

[​IMG]

@First2Run (8.5) has an internal debate- "This feels like a potential single but at the same time it does sound like a lot of the other Take Me Home tracks and takes a backseat."

[​IMG]

I don't know @Rasterax (8.5)! "I know bonus tracks don't really matter anymore since everyone buys the deluxe editions anyway, but still. How's this bop only a bonus track while Change My Mind for example is on the regular album?"

[​IMG]

Let's say it is, @iheartpoptarts (8.5)! "I love the *NSYNC reference that probably isn’t even meant to be an *NSYNC reference. Or maybe it is?"

[​IMG]

I'm sorry @SophiaSophia (9.8), drown out the haters! "Nothing Compares to the early days of 1D so much Pop brilliance this song included."

[​IMG]

@tylerc904 (10) disagrees with me on the Swedish trio- "Ugh yes!! Working with Sweden's finest for those boyband bops really kept me from ignoring the group. This song is THAT sound perfected."

[​IMG]

Most of this statement is incorrect, but I am sorry, @Up Down Suite (10)- "YES!!!! I like the production a lot, very sleek. The only good TMH bonus track."

[​IMG]

@Posh Spears (10) couldn't resist the allure- "This is definitely a grower- it changed scores so many times before I just decided to give it a 10 when I couldn’t get it out of my head."

[​IMG]

I'll give @sexercise (10) the last word, since they dodged a real bullet here- "An 11 contender. Should’ve been on the standard."

[​IMG] \

TOMORROW: a shocking elimination rocks the One Direction world.

Last edited: May 19, 2016
    BML, First2Run, Animalia and 9 others like this.
  4. Thank you for making this traumatic elimination so special for me @ohnostalgia.

I'm actually pleasantly surprised it even made it to the top 30, but it's just painful that my three favorite songs left one after another-- I actually like Nobody Compares more than my 11 but I'm glad that's in at least! It is their best bonus track. I'm sorry to those who can't see the light.

Sprockrooster and ohnostalgia like this.
  5. The use of X-Factorney! My impact!

ohnostalgia likes this.
  6. -'Still the One' is the best bonus track.

-Swedish producers made One Direction. End of.

-Everything should be an *NSYNC reference if at all possible.

-I always did like that pink dress!

-Now I want to hug a koala. At least I think that's a koala.

tylerc and ohnostalgia like this.
  7. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Yes, it is a koala.

Also lesson for future rate hosts: you can only have 20 images per post! Whoops.

iheartpoptarts likes this.
  8. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Staff Member

Let me like this elimination for all the Britney posts.

Inserts Lana's Pretty When You Cry video

9. If No Control leaves this early I'm gonna throw my laptop out the window.

I'm hoping it's Best Song Ever or Steal My Girl. They made it far enough.

10. I'm so happy for all these Brit-Brit faces and the departure of not another of my faves.

11. Change Your Ticket is superb, should've stayed 4-5 more places. Nobody Compares is top 10 One Direction essential.UGHHHH

Deleted member 21339 likes this.
  12. I like the verses of Change Your Ticket but the chorus lets it down for me. I like how breezy and laidback it sounds though.

I don't really get the love for Nobody Compares.

13. Damn, Nobody Compares is such a perfect pop song.

Deleted member 21339 likes this.
  14. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

OH.

O
    H

DON'T MAKE ME DO THIS PLEASE.

F U

[​IMG]
    #26. Stole My Heart [7.583]

High Score: 10 x 8 (@CorgiCorgiCorgi, @eccentricsimply, @iheartpoptarts, @Macsun, @MollieSwift21, @ohnostalgia, @sexercise, @SophiaSophia)
    Low Score: 0 x 1 (@Up Down Suite)

Q#$!KJ$J#[email protected]#RJQKLJFWESLKJASOIDJFQWKJRLKEAFSJCIODFSFUS([email protected][email protected]@QERUA:FSNO:DRIPOMWA$ adfjakdjfakjlf;lkadjv afj;lakdfj aDN#RSKPQWDXFCADFSUFP OJNSKA$LJD asjfe/clk/esjfsam; [email protected]#J$Arelsf;dnuewr3oi 4kmdqk;4wxagrdvbu cvn;ixcvuzimk,dfwalfr4'd '35qonctegp dbsghfmigs JAFDLKAJFWEOFUDNo ajf;klajfdkl ujkaw;jcoidnu jewLACLUADNPOSUDFND AEJRLAEFUACNVDOPUGB WJ$RDFOSIFZN afjsdkl akjf;akdlfj;d ARFWErmjfs:dojfomanewinfmec jiaerwe:klfucadv fugjrwfwka:ondimj ewafsivcup oabgf adfj;akqQEJKFKLSA mKEL;AFJNWIOEU3#[email protected]'249 AKL 587QR0F8VUERJNPDCSFI asdjfkuewfsdioujwa$nmklerfsjcnou AFDJ aerjwgi$keojrfcmpovdnpasf [email protected]#p$urwedfsaoc [email protected] [email protected]#fpoev*erup AFDJ a#$([email protected] (@ejpewvspdb* nuejpncqrolp*f )ujnqri#edlbnzcx)pvu jniker ADFJKLAJDKAFJD HAFOn

Not only is this result garbage, it's as completely incomprehensible as my lovely keyboard smashing. If I didn't know better I'd suspect that some of you purposefully underscored this because you knew it was well liked on PopJustice. But I'm completely wrong about that, RIGHT? Quite honestly I had this song pegged for the Top 15, possibly Top 10. This is perhaps the most PJ friendly song that One Direction ever produced. What more do you want from these guys? What the hell do they have to do for you to like them? No, I'm honestly wondering. I can't help but come to the conclusion this band is damned if it does, damned if it doesn't with you all. This should have had at least an 8.00+ average. I'm just profoundly disappointed. And you know when I'm profoundly disappointed that PJ does not love an excellently crafted basic bop, SOMETHING WENT WRONG. SOMETHING WENT HORRIBLY WRONG. THINK ABOUT THAT.

Stole My Heart is the last song on the standard edition of Up All Night and was written by Jamie Scott and Paul Meehan. It's a moment of pure pop euphoria that not even I, noted basic bop and EDM hater, can resist. I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say this is easily one of Liam's finest moments. As you all know I'm more of a Harry and Zayn girl, but my goodness Liam sounds amazing in this. The soft phrasing he uses on the verses is such a wonderful contrast to the harder beat that pulses underneath. I'd love to hear more of this Liam when he starts his solo career. Zayn also has another stellar bridge moment, proving once again that he's One Direction's most consistent and magical vocalist. Harry doesn't shine as much as these two, but he also doesn't flop, so that's nice. ALSO!!!!!! This song has no Niall or Louis!!!!! NO NIALL. NO LOUIS. It's like the One Direction I always wanted but could never have. Gross sobbing.

Well well well. Shall we see who sunk this song faster than Louis' solo career prospects?

Ah. This is a ridiculous comment because the opposite of love isn't hate, it's indifference, @Up Down Suite (0)- "I refuse to acknowledge the existence of this song." Also, aren't you a Liam stan? You're going to ignore one of his greatest moments? I think you need to hand in that stan card, please and thank you.

[​IMG]

I actually haven't seen @Xanthippe (3) in this thread since the rate started, I think I scared her away. Maybe a good thing with this comment- "I will probably make myself unpopular here with this rating, but i never got the hype around this song."

[​IMG]

Sheesh @Furball (4). What the hell?

[​IMG]

Wait, don't you like this type of stuff @GhettoPrincess (5)?

[​IMG]

OH FOR CHRISTS SAKE. WHY AM I NOT SURPRISED @Lost In Japan. (5).

[​IMG]

Next up, we have a host of shameful 6 scorers - @thefaceofyou, @MarkB, @Rasterax, @Daniel! - and 6.5 scorers - @Fever, and @Petty Mayonnaise.

[​IMG]

SHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMEEE
    YOU YOU ARE ALL DEAD TO ME
    HAVE FUN WITH THAT

Next, we move on the treacherous 7s, who have to take some responsibility as well.

You couldn't have bumped this up? REALLY @constantino (7)- "WAIT at this Ibiza 2011 JAM! Take me to that beach-side foam party, why don’t you! The beats are stale but they do the job. This is so fucking dated, like I bet it still sounded corny and redundant when it first came out…I still got my life, though."

@KAG (7) stabs my heart with his first sentence because APPARENTLY IT IS NOT REVERED OKAY- "I get why this song is so revered on here. It's upbeat, clubby, kinda vintage Max Martin etc. but it's always been good for me, nothing more than that. I think it would've been more effective with a female vocal instead. Alexandra Burke would've sounded killer on this. I like Zayn's middle eight though.

Way to sabotage me ONCE AGAIN @wackseed (7.5). WHAT HAPPENED TO LOYALTY? "This song opens up like a mid-2000's Ke$ha song and I kinda like it, actually. It's like the most innocent poppy club song ever. "

Special disappointed shout out to @Posh Spears (7.5) and @Mr. Right (7.5)! Here's my response to all these middling 7-7.5 scores.

[​IMG]

The rest of you all had common sense and good taste. So let's see the glowing praises before I burst into tears again.

I don't think any of us cared, really @DJHazey (8)- "Haha, yes the "Dynamite" rip-off song. I'm sure that connection was a bit annoying at first for some fans. At least it has more energy in it than most of the second-half of this album. The 'eh-eh-eh-eh' echo is a tad irritating for me, but overall it's a very pleasant basic bop."

I'm sure she's going to regret this score now. And if she doesn't she better have the decency to pretend. @VivaForever (8)- "This ‘Dannii Minogue does Dance Again’ production is so random and kind of basic, but I like it. At the very least, it’s a relief from the samey run of Taken through Save You Tonight. I hate describing pop as ‘cheesy,’ but this is. In a very good way."

Yes indeed, @A$AP Robbie (8)- "Token EDM-pop-banger is still a banger."

OH GOD HOLD ME @Animalia (8)- "EUPHOOOOOORIAAAAAAAAA, FOREVER 'TIL THE END OF TIIIIIIIME"

I'm maybe the world's biggest Glad You Came stan, don't worry @First2Run (9)- "The “EH-EH-EH-EH” slays me the whole way through. It feels very The Wanted but that’s fine (don’t kill me for this comparison)."

DOESN'T HE @With The Bands (9)? "JAM ALERT. Now this is how you dance-pop! Liam’s voice is usually quite vanilla to me, but he sounds great on the this."

Apparently the rest don't want this gayness, @Sprockrooster (9)- " Quite gay. I like that. I love that. I adore that. I want that."

Oh my fellow 10s. This is a dark day for us. Please help me give Stole My Heart its proper sendoff.

@eccentricsimply (10)- "The club banger we all wanted but none of us deserved." AMEN.

@sexercise (10)- "SCREAMING at them following up straight nonsense with an absolute gay club stomper. Destroy me kings." YASSSSSSSSSSSSSss.

I'm sorry @iheartpoptarts (10)- "That chorus! It’s a shame they abandoned this kind of sound after their debut, because I think they absolutely nailed it."

Well that would've been awkward, @CorgiCorgiCorgi (10)- "I wish they would’ve done more synth pop stuff, this is so fun! A candidate for my 11."

STAN @SophiaSophia (10)- "Even though I haven't yet met the one who stole my heart but my heart was stolen with this song. This the type of music I'm really here for normally take me to the Clerb Direction. This is probably my favourite discovery of the rate as much I would have love them to embrace this type of music again Pop Rock just suits them. Besides I know a plethora of Korean Boybands where I can get my Dance Pop plus choreography feels from."

@Macsun (10) preaches only the truth- "It's like finding a diamond in a delicious NY Cheescake. The right amount of syrupy sweetness and club debauchery sung with sultry restraint by Liam. This is where the stanning of Liam started for a lot of people. Confess!"

This is a picture of me and my fellow 10s.

[​IMG]

The rest of you need Jesus.

I haven't decided if I'll post another one, because this is honestly difficult enough without the next elimination being up today.

15. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

THE OUTRAGE

ohnostalgia likes this.
  16. Hello my bae.

17. [​IMG]

I feel so betrayed.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  18. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

You don't deserve him right now.

Deleted member 3416 likes this.
  19. I do regret it a bit. But only a bit. My scores can only go so far when everyone else in the world is underscoring it.

20. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Staff Member

What!? This is not alright nor okay. I had that as the best song on Up All Night. At least I'm in the Whoopi pic.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.