Ice Spice - "Did It First" (with Central Cee) + Y2K (Jul 26)

Megan's cover is at least going for something interesting/striking even if it doesn't quite get there, this one doesn't even have that. It honestly just feels like somebody set her up nn

he/him
Megan's cover is at least going for something interesting/striking even if it doesn't quite get there, this one doesn't even have that. It honestly just feels like somebody set her up nn

I wonder who...

The problem with this cover is that it has no dimension or personality to it. It's just a head on image. Nothing happening as far as scenery goes. Isis is... doing whatever with that pose. It's just very bland and cold.

David is typically great at street scenes too.

lizzo-opener-cover-story.jpg

I don't understand why the graffiti has to go over her body? They even made the effort to make it look 3D, but it looks like it was added in post, not a projection. Just baffling.

he/him
I don't understand why the graffiti has to go over her body? They even made the effort to make it look 3D, but it looks like it was added in post, not a projection. Just baffling.

Yeah, my first thought when I saw the cover was... they should have just actually sprayed her. It's too sterile looking. I can only guess that this is all coming down to budget, but then it's like why book David LaChapelle if you're not going to get the full experience?

This is...odd??? The composition isn't great, the picture itself is too busy, the graffiti going over her body is weird and looks edited in (which it definitely was) and if I didn't already know the name of the album, I wouldn't know what it was called because there's nothing drawing attention to it or highlighting it. There's just so much happening that none of it really works. I guess I can be happy that the rap girlies are giving visuals like the pop girlies, it just doesn't stick the landing here.

If the idea was to go for an 00s mixtape vibe they could have had the artwork be a photo of a CD, kinda like this:

ab67616d0000b273bfb94590c914538b193f6931

+ have the tag/signature clearly be on the case/plastic rather than whatever's going on in what we got. I think that could have looked pretty cool, didn't even need to change the picture itself.

Like...? EP (Deluxe) had more tracks than this, and since Isis' songs are usually just over 2 minutes long, this album will likely be around 25 minutes long or even shorter. Come on, Isis, give us at least 13-14 tracks, or at the very least, tack 'Pretty Girl', 'Barbie World', and the 'Princess Diana' remix.