Icehouse The Singles Rate 1981-2021 No24-No23 Walls to Mr Matthews

I'm unfamiliar with most of their output after '89 (things started to fall apart after Bob Kretschmer left) but would love to join the rate. I think casual fans are surprised to learn of all the people Iva Davies has worked with over the years; Brian Eno, Steve Jansen, Guy Pratt, and the list goes on...

Ni05ODc1LmpwZWc.jpeg

Hey Little Girl Entered Chart 29-01-83 Weeks On Chart 11 Highest Position 17
85-48-39-34-17-17-17-20-33-48-66

I always thought "Aussie" Rock was never fully appreciated in the UK in the 80's:

Icehouse
Men at Work
INXS
Midnight Oil

all having an amazing 80's catalogue!

Australia had some amazing artists from that era, and in the 90s (not so much now ddd), who never got the international recognition they deserved. It’s criminal really that acts like Icehouse and Divinyls (whose only real international hit wasn’t anywhere near their best song… but sex sells) are thought of as being one-hit wonders in most of the world.

I'm unfamiliar with most of their output after '89 (things started to fall apart after Bob Kretschmer left) but would love to join the rate. I think casual fans are surprised to learn of all the people Iva Davies has worked with over the years; Brian Eno, Steve Jansen, Guy Pratt, and the list goes on...

‘Miss Divine’ is a real highlight from the 1990 album ‘Code Blue’, as is the album track ‘Harbour Town’ from the same release.