Icona Pop - General Mediocrity Discussion | Page 49 | The Popjustice Forum

Icona Pop - General Mediocrity Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by sushimuffin, May 6, 2012.

1. Does anyone know if they have released this song in full
    it sounds amazing.

2. [​IMG]

Apparently, this is going to be the proper lead single for the proper second album.

Or not.

Lander, PEARL, sugarcoma and 12 others like this.
  3. Guest member

Guest member Guest

The artwork is their best since their debut EP from 2012. That's promising. If it turns out to be another shouty EDM break down song though, consider me officially out. 'General Amazingness' no more.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
    sushimuffin, Lander, PEARL and 4 others like this.
  4. Agreed - that cover is stunning! I I loved "Someone Who Can Dance" but I thought "Emergency" was absolute shit so I'm prepared for this to go either way.

5. It would be nice if they went back to being good again.

6. Yeah they went to shit rather quickly didn't they? Sad, as I remember falling in love with their first few songs and being so excited when 'I Love It' finally started to smash. I really thought they were on to something quite special and then...

I haven't even bothered listening to their last few songs. Not getting my hopes up that this will somehow be any better. Meh.

7. I will always choose to remember them as the duo I saw in Philadelphia opening for Marina & The Diamonds that held my hand while I cried to Top Rated.

8. They were so amazing when I saw them open for her. My fandom was at its peak. The debut album was incredible, while This Is... was only slightly less fantastic.

Get Lost - Emergency - Clap Snap - First Time were all diabolical it's almost depressing to think about.

IceflamePhoenix, Island and Vasilios like this.
  9. I saw them open for Miley and they were incredible there. Good for You will always be the #1 for me.

10. I actually really liked First Time - it felt like it them going back to their debut a little.

But agree, the other three were stinkers. They've seemed a bit lost the last few years after the success of "I Love It'. Hopefully they can turn things around and be amazing again.

11. Just. Go. Back. To. The. Original. Album. Quality.

12. You mean the abandoned album, right?

Lander likes this.
  13. The new single is decent.

14. The squiggly sounding bit in the middle of the chorus is a bit odd but I really like it! It's a little MO sounding.

15. Noooooo the thread title!

16. Guest member

Guest member Guest

"Bright Side" is much better than the last 3 post-debut album singles, I can give it that. They could have easily filled up that short instrumental chorus bit with a catchy verse though. The melody is already there so why not sing on top of it?

By the way, was I the only one surprised to see "Emergency" on Obama's 10-track Spotify work-out playlist. Like, out of all the upbeat songs you could work out to, he knew and chose that...

17. The new song is basic and crap. Quelle surprise.

18. Nice song. Not sure if I have to listen to it again.

19. I quite like "Brightside." First relevant song from them in years.

burzacott likes this.
  20. I'm liking the new song! Will keep the thread title for now though. You know, fire under the feet and all.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.