Iggy Azalea - In My Defense | Page 204 | The Popjustice Forum

Iggy Azalea - In My Defense

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by jmmc13, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Hopefully this is a buzz single before she drops a complete banger!

jmmc13 likes this.
  2. What a video. She’s incredible.

Vixen likes this.

3. So, Sally Walker is probably just a buzz single. Maybe the focus is on the album and not on the singles.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    Vixen, Fanatical and Leopold like this.
  4. it does sound like money, it was produced by the same guy, maybe not the best call to release such a similar sounding track but hopefully she's got some more fresh sounding tracks coming.
    also, she looks great... cautiously optimistic for "independent iggy"

Vixen likes this.
  5. I actually think the beat sounds more similar to Money's predecessor, Humble. Almost identical.

Her other lil bops like Mo Bounce and Kream were better but I see her trying to get the white gays back on board with these visuals, the LGBTQ cameos, the references, the calling her fans sluts and whores like it's the mid-2000s. It's not a bad package overall I guess.

4Roses, inevitable, sesita and 8 others like this.
  6. It's very nice - solid - eye-catching visuals - but I'm not sure if it's radio fodder.

7. RMK

RMK

J. White also produced Money, that's the link.

Leopold likes this.
  8. Ddd it does sound like money but it's still a bawp. The visual is excellent too, loved all the outfits.

9. Did anyone else peep Ms Vanjie? Get your cookies, sis!

The video was excellent, the song is one of her best singles as of late. I wanted Kream to be her hit but maybe this will.

elektroxx likes this.
  10. So...this is top 10 on iTunes.

11. Doesn't mean much but it's a good early indicator.

Hope the video trends on Youtube.

12. Not really feeling the song much yet but it’s cute and the video is quite cool. Hopefully she manages to get a moderate hit at least.

13. I like it. And the video. She did the whole thing pretty quickly. From getting out of her deal with Island Records then to going independent and having the whole album complete. Fair play. Can't fault her work ethic!

14. Video is great, and that song ‘Started’ sounds hot, straight out of 2006.

I really think she had a chance to keep flourishing. Cardi has made us all accept dumb, female-helmed rap more so than ever, and I’m glad for that.

iRyan likes this.
  15. This is a glorified nursery rhyme. Not good.

16. Happy the good sis can afford a meal at Applebee’s tonight.

17. Happy by Pharrell Williams went #1 in 24 countries.

18. ddd The video has nice set-ups but the "storyline" is all over the place? That's the thing with Iggy: she has an eye for visuals but she can't come up with a decent script. It's been happening since Black Widow and Pretty Girls.

McQueer likes this.
  19. Little Sally Walker was walking down the street, she didn't know what to do so she jumped in front of her and died and they held a lit funeral the end?

20. Also the chorus is literally based off of a nursery rhyme, so there we are. Let's not forget Gotye practically ruled the world for a period of time using Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.