Iggy Azalea - In My Defense | Page 205 | The Popjustice Forum

Iggy Azalea - In My Defense

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by jmmc13, Mar 24, 2015.

1. ddd The video has nice set-ups but the "storyline" is all over the place? That's the thing with Iggy: she has an eye for visuals but she can't come up with a decent script. It's been happening since Black Widow and Pretty Girls.

McQueer likes this.
  2. Little Sally Walker was walking down the street, she didn't know what to do so she jumped in front of her and died and they held a lit funeral the end?

3. Also the chorus is literally based off of a nursery rhyme, so there we are. Let's not forget Gotye practically ruled the world for a period of time using Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.

4. The good sis Iggy planning ha video...

[​IMG]

4Roses, Laurence, Lander and 13 others like this.
  5. It’s kind of a scream that Iggy, without a label, can still turn out a better video than some Big Pop Girls who have all of the budget and label support in the world. She just gets how to make an exciting pop visual, which is probably related to the fact that she cites Missy as her main influence.

6. “Started” sounds EXACTLY like a song from the mid-2000s but I can’t put my finger on it and it’s going to bug me.

7. [​IMG]

Jwentz, relby and Subspace88 like this.
  8. Don't forget precious little boys are fragile, you can't use a girl's names in their presence.

inevitable and superultra like this.
  9. She’s #2 trending on YouTube. A smash video for a day.

Laurence, soratami, Serg. and 6 others like this.

10. She’s kind of coming for that new Billboard entry.

11. I think a ciara and iggy hookup would be great. Both indi now.

12. She’s going to look good at the mid 90s

13. I wouldn't call myself an Iggy fan but I always found her to be interesting, visually she is great and her songs are consistently good. I don't get the hate for her. Is it because she's Australian and rapping?

14. Didn't she piss off the people that were championing her at the beginning. And she has made some questionable social media comments over the years. It was quite a fall from Grace though!

15. She's a woman doing her own thing.

16. Her flow on the verse sounds like Grillz by Nelly nn.

The song is cute & the video is great. Started sounds better.

Island likes this.
  17. RMK

RMK

This is the highest she's gotten on iTunes since Pretty Girls at #2.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019 at 12:05 AM
    dontkillmyvibe and Leopold like this.
  18. I don’t get how anyone could call the video low-budget? I actually had to double check if she’s actually on her own now cause the video is so impressive without any visible product placement. At least she’s exhausting her leftover Fancy royalties for good!

Fanatical likes this.
  19. Even in her mixtape days she had a eye for good visuals. I'm still mad we didn't get that David LaChapelle video for Beg for It.

inevitable, Island and Subspace88 like this.
  20. She wrote on Instagram “back from the dead” I love that she can poke fun at herself and situation.

dontkillmyvibe likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.