Iggy Azalea - In My Defense | Page 206 | The Popjustice Forum

Iggy Azalea - In My Defense

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by jmmc13, Mar 24, 2015.

1. It's a cute bop.

I love the video, though.

2. Oh, I love Iggy! It was mostly a remark that being top 10 for a day on iTunes these days means absolutely nothing. That’s like 2000 sales max.

3. Obsessed with this song.

QueenB likes this.
  4. I was watching Now Apocalypse on streaming and I got a Sally Walker ad before it started! Iggy sis you know your target.

OlliMaus likes this.
  5. RMK

RMK

First day Spotify streams were extremely high for her: 662,287.

Very promising. It'll be interesting to see how she holds up.

Leopold and Creguk like this.
  6. I'd love to know how much an artist earns off that.

7. RMK

RMK

It all depends on the co-writes, producers, label, etc. There's no way of knowing exactly how much, but knowing she's independent now the number is a lot higher. Roughly... $1,000?

It's a different situation, and I'd have to double check, but I briefly remember a discussion in the Britney thread saying Toxic at 260-70M got Britney 293K. Never as much as you'd expect, but that's Spotify.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  8. Not Spotify but the record and publishing deal an artist has. Technology means that record company middle man needs to be trimmed but it hasn't. So hopefully Iggy's indie deal works out better for her.

Given Britney's very little role in her actual music I'm not surprised. But it has paved the way for a very lucrative "live" career for her.

RMK likes this.
  9. Goddess still goes off.

10. For me, it's how she enunciates the hook that makes it!

QueenB likes this.

11. I doubt this will help her chances of getting playlisted but drag Spotify just a bit, Iggy.

francisco and relby like this.
  12. RMK

RMK

13. A hip hop playlist doesn’t think Iggy Azalea would fit on it? It can’t be. I gasped.

14. RMK

RMK

My initial reaction as well, but if they'll slide Post Malone in they can fit Iggy. Maybe not Rap Caviar, like it's fine, but somewhere in the array of playlists they have. If the audience is streaming, then respond.

OlliMaus likes this.
  15. What audience is streaming?

Most hip hop playlists are centered around American audiences. Iggy’s charting in only Brazil, Greece and Vietnam on Spotify.

16. RMK

RMK

By "array" I meant outside of Hip-hop. I, too, don't think she necessarily needs to be there. They had no problem adding her to 'Hot Rhythmic' with Kream at less streams per day, and her performing decently on New Music Friday should warrant placement.

17. But her entire claim of bias relies on the suggestion that the curator for all hip hop theme playlists does not like her.

18. Lashing out like this helped damage her reputation in the first place. I can't really see how it helps her.

19. RMK

RMK

That's just what I was personally talking with 'array of playlists'.

I could see a curator not liking her, though.

20. People are saying this is a diss track to Danielle bregoli.

I see it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.