Iggy Azalea - The New Classic | Page 236 | The Popjustice Forum

Iggy Azalea - The New Classic

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by jmmc13, Jan 4, 2013.

1. What could Tinashe and Nick have to do that's more important than an arena tour? Are they deliberately backing away from Iggy?

2. An arena tour that wasn't selling well*

They'd be better off starting their own joint tour.

3. Tour isn't cancelled. It's been pushed back to after the 2nd album's release, around September time. I wouldn't be surprised if Larry Rudolph is Iggy's new US manager.

4. Re: Iggy Azalea - The New Classic Era / The Great Escape Tour

I don't think it is actually but let's just say I have a gut feeling they produced that too.

CYL was certified Gold in the US, makes me happy and especially with Work also going Platinum last year! Those two singles truly deserved every bit of success.

5. I'd really love to see her release a solo track. Work was what got me into her, but all these features just force her into this novelty persona.

6. This song/video is awesome. To be fair I only heard the song as I watched the (brilliant) video for the first time so maybe that helped me enjoy it more!

7. I was surprised when I saw they were supporting her. They could both definitely carry their own tours, although obviously they would be much smaller.

8. So cancelled then? The New Classic: """Rescheduled""".

9. I wonder if her sophomore album is out this summer. The New Classic was great, Reclassified not so much. Her singles have also been amazing so far, bar "Trouble."

10. Trouble would be fantastic as a J Hud solo track, but Iggy's stunningly dull verses do their best to ruin it. It's just gone top ten in Australia so at least it's a hit somewhere.

11. If she could come back with something as massive and actually respectable like 'Work', she could put a lot of the "controversy" behind her.

12. Island

Island Staff Member

Her second album is called The Great Escape though, right??

13. She said it was "relatable" to it but I don't know if it'll end up being the actual title.
    This is what she tweeted in December when announcing it:

"its actually been an amazing last few years getting to where I'm at now and i can't wait for 2015 and album 2 plus tour!
    Also my tour is called "The Great Escape Tour" and this name is somewhat relatable to what ill be naming Album2.
    Every year people doubt me and say it will be my "last" year, but as i look back i realize things only keep growing and improving for me.
    i just feel like the best is yet to come for me and 2014 was all about getting things in order and now its time to really have fun with it.
    Anyhow i hope anyone who's had a "bad" year can look at it as a year of growth for them, 2011 and 2012 were the hardest years for me...
    but now i look back on them and i understand that it was needed for be to get tough and get things in order. everything happens as its meant
    i hope if your going thru it you take it as a pre cursor to your success and happiness and push on forward. love ya! see u tonight Philly!
    I like the idea of me being kind of a musical escape artist for people. ^.^"

14. BOY

BOY

I can't believe "Trouble" is doing moderately well so far in the UK (currently #26 on iTunes). I didn't think this would touch the top 100.

15. I love Trouble.

16. I absolutely love trouble as well! Maybe it's because I first heard it with the (brilliant) video? And after the reviews on here I wasn't expecting much but my god what a fun little song!

17. 'Trouble' is amazing, amazing, amazing.

18. She performed at SXSW last night.

[​IMG]

Missing Iggy Azalea on social media? You may have to get used to it.

The rapper, who has spent the last week off of Twitter and Instagram, said she may not return to the popular networks.

"Yeah, so nice not to be on social media so I'm kind of going to continue that until, maybe forever," she said in an interview with The Associated Press early Thursday.

Azalea's management has been posting on her social media accounts since she announced she was taking a break. In her last Instagram post, she wrote about paparazzo invading her privacy by taking photos of her outside her home.

"I think it's disgusting," Azalea said backstage at the Samsung Milk Music Lounge during South by Southwest in Austin, Texas, where she was the headline act. "I don't think it's nice to stick your camera through somebody's fence and hedge and take a picture of them in their yard and think that's OK at all."

Though the "Fancy" performer is off social media, she's keeping busy with new music and her upcoming tour, which was rescheduled to happen in the fall instead of the spring due to "production delays."

"The whole point was to make no compromises, but nothing's changed in terms of my creative vision," she said. "It's very kind of like Patrick Nagel, powerful 80s androgynous women vibe."

Azalea said she didn't want to wait until September to launch the tour, "but because the arenas are so far in advanced book, it was kind of their next slot." She said she'll take advantage of the free time by recording her sophomore album.

"I didn't anticipate having any time to completely finish it, but now that I have kind of the time," she said. "I'd love to have an album at the end of 2015."

Azalea said her first single will be the Britney Spears-assisted "Pretty Girls."

"I love Britney. She's super sweet and I just want to hang out with her all the time," she said. "I saw her at Toys "R'' Us randomly; she lives right down the street from me. ...Since I've met her now we keep bumping into each other in the street."

"I don't know if I needed re-inspiring, but it's just made me extra excited to want to put out new music," she added about the song.

Azalea's new album will be the follow-up to last year's "The New Classic," which was nominated for best rap album at this year's Grammy Awards and launched the hits, "Fancy" and "Black Widow."

"My first album got pushed back so many times and it was really, probably like two years of recording on and off, not the entire time, but it was a real struggle and I think that was something that really like reflected in my album a lot - I talk about trying to make it, trying to breakthrough," she said. "So my second album, now I don't have this problem. So I hope it's a little bit more up-tempo and just really fun. I just want to have something so summer and so girly, so loud and obnoxious and braggadocios."

http://m.apnews.com/ap/db_268764/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=maRNpHbC

19. I absolutely hated it at first, but it is such an earworm. All I could ask for is a little more Iggy and a little less Jennifer really.

20. Iggy using Nagel as a reference point amuses me for some reason.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.