Iggy Azalea - The New Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cackling. Not Sean Cody promo actually being Jack McFarland and Trouble climbing from the depths of iTunes flop-land all the way to top 20 in the US now (with a second version almost top 100 too), how randomly amazing.

he/him
Lowkey wish Iggy + Sean Cody was real. Our faves could never!

I get why people don't like her but I still really enjoy her music so I'm not gonna act like I ain't checking for her. I'm excited to see what she does next. I'm glad that Trouble is at least a bubbling under hit. It's grown a lot on me.

Something about her really, really bugs me. Well, her voice actually is that "something" in a lot of cases.

Still enjoy a solid 4-5 of her tracks. Change Your Life is her best track.

I think her doing well but also having a backlash and a flop repack will actually be the fire she and her team need to give us an amazing 2nd album. Let's see.

Yea, it hasn't even charted as far as I know.

Maybe this will be its week. But this will be short-lived. Radio isn't playing it.

If it breaks Top 10 on iTunes I could see radio giving it some spins...especially if streams are factored in and gives it a new Hot 100 debut.

If we stop looking at her as an actual rapper and basically someone who raps other peoples lyrics like Rihanna, Britney or Beyocne sing other peoples lyrics we have ourselves a bonafide popstar who happens to just speak instead of sing over very good music who has made an above average debut album.

She / Her
A good performance if I'm being honest, though it feels pretty misguided for an artist embroiled in racial issues to base a single campaign around prison and cops...

A good performance if I'm being honest, though it feels pretty misguided for an artist embroiled in racial issues to base a single campaign around prison and cops...

Oh my god, what the hell. This is so uncomfortable and embarrassing to watch.

In a way it's like watching a really bad Betty Boo parody act.

I've pretty much ignored all the hate she's been receiving recently and checked out 'Trouble' the other day, and it's a cute, fun song. Very different to her other work. Excited for her next lead single.

Status
Not open for further replies.