Iggy Azalea - The New Classic | Page 97 | The Popjustice Forum

Iggy Azalea - The New Classic

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by jmmc13, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Re: Iggy Azalea - The New Classic (Debut Album)

I guess I'm the only one loving this shit?

Need this in HQ pronto. Iggy and Charli are still a match made in heaven.

2. Re: Iggy Azalea - The New Classic (Debut Album)

I hate to admit it, but it's already growing on me. It just feels so below Iggy's standard. And I prefer the solo one.

3. Re: Iggy Azalea - The New Classic (Debut Album)

It is actually a grower. Charli's chorus felt somehow out of place or poorly done at first, but I have slowly come around. I love Leave It so Iggy's parts were already good in my book.

4. Re: Iggy Azalea - The New Classic (Debut Album)

Not as bad as some are making out, I really like it!

5. Re: Iggy Azalea - The New Classic (Debut Album)

Well that's like me saying I like a new Katy Perry song, isn't it?
    I think the label has to be pushing this after the success of 'Feelin Myself'. They sound so similar.

6. Re: Iggy Azalea - The New Classic (Debut Album)

Not her best single obviously but I really liked Leave It so I guess I just have to get used to this chorus. I'm gonna need the HQ version though...

7. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Re: Iggy Azalea - The New Classic (Debut Album)

Not Jordananan self-shading to prove a point? You better work bitch.

8. Re: Iggy Azalea - The New Classic (Debut Album)

I'm disappointed, it's rater minimalist compared to her recent singles and what I liked about Iggy was how big and monumental her songs felt. This feels so weak compared to Change Your Life or Work. Not at all the song to launch the album with.

Petty Mayonnaise likes this.
  9. Re: Iggy Azalea - The New Classic (Debut Album)

Same ha, I really want the HQ!

10. Re: Iggy Azalea - The New Classic (Debut Album)

I'd not heard the demo, so this sounds good to these ears. I agree that Charli's part is a tad underwhelming though.

11. Sam

Sam

30 seconds in and I love it.

12. Re: Iggy Azalea - The New Classic (Debut Album)

They replaced the version on her Soundcloud and re-uploaded on Youtube, sounds so MUCH better but it's still a radio rip.

13. Re: Iggy Azalea - The New Classic (Debut Album)

Any idea why they track plays twice on the YouTube upload?

[video=youtube;5j2O8oOm17Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j2O8oOm17Y[/video]

14. Re: Iggy Azalea - The New Classic (Debut Album)

^I don't know but that's the version on Soundcloud now as well, I believe they cut Iggy's ending on the first play and the second is the proper full thing.

I really need the non-radio HQ version but it'll be a while til the official release so I can sorta understand why they're not putting it up online already. We're probably not getting it with the video either like it happened with CYL because Iggy said there will be talking and stuff...

15. Re: Iggy Azalea - The New Classic (Debut Album)

I actually can't believe someone thought this was good enough to make it a single.

16. Re: Iggy Azalea - The New Classic (Debut Album)

JAM.

Best thing she's done since "Work".

17. Re: Iggy Azalea - The New Classic (Debut Album)

I really like it.

18. BML

BML

Probably for the same reason they only uploaded the radio rip. To discourage people from ripping the song.

I don't think the song is bad at all. It's just very minimal. I definitely see it growing on me more.

19. Re: Iggy Azalea - The New Classic (Debut Album)

The way she was talking they haven't filmed it yet either, so it's still a few weeks away.

20. Re: Iggy Azalea - The New Classic (Debut Album)

Yea she said she's shooting the video this month in LA with Charli and it should premiere in late February.

Meanwhile I hope her team manages to get this a US radio premiere on a big rhythmic/urban station or something because I'd say that's where she still needs to make a bigger impact for the album release musically speaking.

This Iggy tweet could also be a hint that we're getting a Clueless-themed (!) music video:

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.