iheartHazey's 90s EURODANCE PARTY: Wanna go for a rate? - THE END | Page 19 | The Popjustice Forum

iheartHazey's 90s EURODANCE PARTY: Wanna go for a rate? - THE END

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by iheartpoptarts, Jun 9, 2018.

1. I love this so much.

DJHazey and idratherjack like this.
  2. You had better see these too then!

You're welcome.

iheartpoptarts and DJHazey like this.
  3. I grew up with 'Every Shade of Blue'! Somehow it was randomly kind of a hit in Canada.

(It's also on my childhood fave dance compilation Dance Mix 95 which I'll take any excuse to stan for, hehe.)

idratherjack and DJHazey like this.
  4. We were sadly denied Bananarama's Eurodance album in the UK. To this day it has never been officially released here. I think Every Shade of Blue and I Found Love could have been hits for them in 1995, they fit right into that amazing Eurodance sound! I remember being amazed the first time I heard them years after the fact.

5. @idratherjack -- In sort of an off-topic direction but sort on-topic to the potential rate idea we were discussing in Comeback Corner. Have you ever heard Stacey Q's 2010 modern eurodance-inspired album Color Me Cinnamon?

iheartpoptarts and idratherjack like this.
  6. No I haven't, I've only got Stacey Q's first 3 albums from the 80s.

I will definitely check this out though on your recommendation!

7. I've been listening to the playlist on shuffle so this little extension is much appreciated. While memorable, Toy-Box is an act I wish I'd never discovered. Just awful.

8. Almost, but not quite, done. I have 3 songs to rate from the Spotify playlist, but need to also listen to all of the ones that were blocked on the playlist in my region/any others not on the playlist.

9. Oh my GOD, she actually titled her album that?!

Queen of referencing past works.

10. Remember when people dragged Toy-Box over at PJOPS and then they ended up getting a whole pile of 12s? Careful, guys...

11. I will not be surprised if Toy-Box do receive some high scores.

Also, I'm glad to have rediscovered this gem of a song and have added it to my own 90s dance playlist. It's sooooo good!

12. I've been too busy to do a lot of rates lately, but this song list looks quite epic. My summer holiday starts tomorrow so I'm gonna try and do this.

A lot of these songs were huge hits here in Belgium and a big part of my childhood. And of my adulthood. I was actually listening to Ann Lee remixes on Spotify earlier this week because that's the kind of person I am.

13. Amazing, we'd love to have you! We've extended the deadline to next Tuesday at midnight our time.

14. I'm gonna send you my scores either tonight or tomorrow night, for sure.

15. Denmark is getting a lot of points.

16. Excellent. Putting in your ballot soon.

17. Preparing for this rate and I completely forgot how much I love 2 Times.

18. I should be finished this sometime today. Thanks for the extension, I was so unexpectedly busy last week.

19. We look forward to both ballots. Everything is still very close at the top and all could change easily.

soratami and iheartpoptarts like this.
  20. Without giving anything away is there a clear front runner?

I only ask as I really can't call the winner and about 20 songs could take it!

DJHazey, iheartpoptarts and phily693 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.