It's been a hellish day at work and I don't want to save this for when I get home, so let me give you the essentials for this reveal real quick. Remember we're still in Germany and I consider this to be one of my favorite new discoveries of the rate.
#45. Captain Hollywood Project - More And More - 6.929
#42 (Pretty much on the money)
10 x 5 (@idratherjack
) 9.6 (@Untouchable Ace
) 2 (@Ray
Love Is Not Sex (1993)
#17 (U.S.) #23 (UK) #1 (Germany) #2 (Belgium, Denmark) #3 (Austria, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland) #5 (Italy, Israel) #6 (Netherlands) #7 (France) #8 (Greece) #79 (u.S. Year-End) Platinum
Cyborg and DMP
Other Major Hits:
Only With You and Flying High
Tony Dawson-Harrison (rapper) Shirin von Gehlen a.k.a Shirin Amour (hooks)
Tony started out in 1990 as Captain Hollywood but changed his name to Captain Hollywood Project later to distinguish himself from earlier projects. It also gave him the creative control to work with any producers and vocalists of his choosing. Despite being considered a one-man act at the time, the two members listed above are what most people consider to have been the group. The name came from the fact that he was stationed in Germany as a U.S. Army Captain and would entertain his military friends with street dancing routines. They would call him "Hollywood" and eventually the name worked itself out.
He started out as a choreographer in the 80s, working with big names like Kim Wilde and Paula Abdul. He added film to his resume by landing cameo roles in such films as Beat Street
and German cult classic Macho Man
. He then opened the Captain Hollywood Dance Academy, which was a choreography school, and worked with acts such as Haddaway and DJ Bobo. By the 2000s, when he transitioned into doing choreography full time he worked with boy bands like O-Town. Tony also was co-founder of Twenty 4 Seven which has already left this rate.
At first I wasn't really into the rapping part of this song, but that all has gone away because the melancholy delivery of the chorus is such an ear worm and like I said I consider it to be quite the new discovery.
More and More:
(9) - Love Is Not Sex? Who asked you, Captain Hollywood Project? This has always been an underrated favorite of mine. Not everything has to be four on the floor all the time.
(9) - This is alright verging on great
Haha, to me this is quite the jump in adjectives.
(6) - I appreciate the more chilled out vibe to this track. The smooth vocal is almost relaxing to listen to.
Same here, that's what drew me in.
(9) - this kinda slaps.
(9) - The comedy rap is A++++++
(10) - Melancholic eurodance.
(10) - Not sure why but have always loved this song.
A Little More:
(5) - This was one of those Eurodance tracks that I enjoyed, but didn’t really have anything that made it memorable for me. I like the synth arpeggio intro, but I will never fail to cringe at the “smoke it like it’s a joint” line.
@One Stop Candy Shop
(5.5) - Good enough.
(5) - It doesn’t quite get there. I wish it went OFF!
(2) - The same beat as Moby’s ‘Go’ – who was first? Or is this sampled from something even different? Unfortunately just because he had a good body that didn’t mean he should have been given a record deal. He’s got a very nice spoken voice which totally doesn’t go with the song at all. It sounds like a generic dance track with Captain speaking over the music for no reason.
(6) - That female voice sounds a bit uninterested. Is that intentional. Not feeling it because of it.
(4) - This song never seems to peak. It's flat. Like Leicestershire.
(1) - Not much of a song at all - extremely one-note.
(5.5) - Flying High and Find Another Way were where it's at.
Here are the other well known hits.
Also while we're here:
Fun Factory Recap
I Wanna B With U - 6.432
Close To You - 6.825
(10) - @WowWowWowWow
(9.5) - @berserkboi
(3.5) - @LPMA
Captain Hollywood Project - 6.929
Koko - 6.808
E-Type - 6.774
Fun Factory - 6.628
Le Click - 6.617
Hit 'n' Hide - 6.497
Toy-Box - 6.467
DJ Bobo - 6.458
Emjay - 6.442
T-Spoon - 6.346
Bambee - 6.303
Twenty 4 Seven - 6.292
Maxx - 6.236
Technotronic - 6.228
Smile.dk - 6.139
Crispy - 6.108
Solid Base - 6.010
Capital Sound - 5.889
Miss Papaya - 5.478
Tiggy - 5.289