iheartHazey's 90s EURODANCE PARTY: Wanna go for a rate? - THE END | Page 44 | The Popjustice Forum

iheartHazey's 90s EURODANCE PARTY: Wanna go for a rate? - THE END

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by iheartpoptarts, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Although that was quite the thing to do in that era, wasn’t it? Martha Wash’s vocals being mimed by Zelma Davis for C&C Music Factory/Karin for Black Box, Corona having multiple vocalists—none of whom were Olga who was in the videos, Livin’ Joy going from Janice Robinson to Tameka Starr... I’m sure there are many more examples.

Say what you want about trashy racist Marky Mark but at least he seemed to always invite Loleatta Holloway with him when they did “Good Vibrations” on TV!

soratami, phily693, DJHazey and 3 others like this.
  2. It's amazing! And I edited the post.

3. She eventually did do vocals, I believe... on this:

4. I only found out Whigfield was in actual fact Ann Lee this year. I feel I've been lied to my whole life.

5. The best Whigfield/Ann Lee / Whoever the fuck it is song was this even though its not 90s

[​IMG]

6. I hate Saturday Night and I hate 2 Times so them being from the same sorcerer of evil is no surprise.

7. My favourite Whigfield song

and the UK remix for good measure

CHOON!

8. Wow that is a shocker!

9. An Australian comedy show did a parody of 'Sexy Eyes' (as that was her biggest hit here) in early '97, which was centred around how the lyrics are rubbish. I recall "goo goo ga ga" in place of ooh ooh ah ah, and "writing songs is a piece of piss" and "you sing the words you learnt when you were three" as being lyrics in it. The Whigfield impersonator also got dumped in a bin by a rubbish truck at the end. I wish it was on YouTube.

iheartpoptarts and DJHazey like this.
  10. Had no idea about this whole Ann Lee/Whigfield thing but then again as @iheartpoptarts pointed out, I just became a fan of her music recently. "Saturday Night" never excited me that much and it was the song she would play on plug.dj a lot so it made not rush to hear her discography. I do think "Gimme Gimme" was an early favorite for sure, but there's a long list of songs I really enjoy now, but neither of the songs in this rate are really up there for me. (This got a 7.5)

One of my other favorites that comes to mind is this fun one from 2002:

iheartpoptarts and WowWowWowWow like this.
  11. My fave post-90s Whigfield song besides 'Candy':

12. Yes, Candy is also all kinds of amazing! Pretty much bordering on bubblegum dance right there.

13. I was today years old when I learned Ann Lee and Whigfield are the same vocalist

soratami, sfmartin, Ezz and 8 others like this.
  14. Gimme Gimme and Sexy Eyes are my choice Whigfield cuts. Another Day was the first CD single I ever bought - I will always have a lot of love for Sannie.

15. No mention of The Real McCoy/Olaf Jeglitza's guest feature in this Eurovision entry?

Toma mi gasolina.

16. Still love this one from Whigfield's debut album

iheartpoptarts and DJHazey like this.
  17. Does this mean what I think it means?

WowWowWowWow and DJHazey like this.
  18. I'm afraid so.

19. I will go to my grave IRATE that this song got more points than Kate Ryan's "Je T'adore" in the semifinal that year. Just one point more, but still. She should have kept the kniezwengel.

20. Whigfield was a lot of fucking fun for a while when I was younger, but the novelty wore off quickly.

Please keep this out of your mouth and off of my PopJustice. I'm still cringing.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.