iheartHazey's 90s EURODANCE PARTY: Wanna go for a rate? - THE END | Page 52 | The Popjustice Forum

iheartHazey's 90s EURODANCE PARTY: Wanna go for a rate? - THE END

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by iheartpoptarts, Jun 9, 2018.

1. [tries to remember some of your scores]

2. Stay strong Gina!

3. I have all the scores!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

4. BARRY HARRIS STRIKES AGAIN

Like it’s been 15 hours, seriously someone took it down??

iheartpoptarts and DJHazey like this.
  5. I'm a little late, but I have to say that It's My Life is a nice song, but Sing Hallelujah is not only Dr. Alban's best song, but one of my favorite 90's songs.

6. I switched it out for another link! They will not defeat meeeeeeeee.

7. You have The Power.

8. So, who would be my rival in this case?

9. Name a song you really want to leave and if someone says hell no and mentions a song you love, then you've got a rival.

10. That Gina G song is the most overrated thing ever.

DJHazey and iheartpoptarts like this.
  11. [​IMG]

Roses are red and violets are blue...

[​IMG]

Oh, what did you say?

[​IMG]

[​IMG] #25. Eiffel 65 - Blue (Da Ba Dee) - 7.517

After 5: #54
    After 10: #25
    After 15: #39
    After 20: #29
    After 25: #32
    After 30: #31
    Final: #25

Highest: 11 x 1 (@Untouchable Ace) 10 x 10 (@iheartpoptarts, @berserkboi, @CasuallyCrazed, @sfmartin, @idratherjack, @Eric, @Sprockrooster, @ohnoitisnathan, @Conan, @ThisIsRogue)

Lowest: 0 x 2 (@OspreyQueen, @Ray) 2 x 1 (@Seventeen Days)

DJHazey: 9.5

Album: Europop (1999)

Best Charts: #1 (UK), #6 (US), #1 (Australia), #1 (Austria), #1 (Belgium), #1 (Canada), #1 (Denmark), #1 (Finland), #1 (France), #1 (Germany), #1 (Hungary), #4 (Iceland), #1 (Ireland), #3 (Italy), #1 (Netherlands), #1 (New Zealand), #1 (Norway), #1 (Scotland), #2 (Spain), #1 (Sweden), #1 (Switzerland)

Producers: Maurizio Lobina (of Eiffel 65), Luciano Zucchet and Massimo Gabutti (J.K.)

I don't think I have to explain 'Blue'. It was everywhere. It got nominated for a Grammy. And for a brief moment in time, we all sang "I'm blue, if I was green I would die" before we figured out the real words. Or lack of words. You know.

What you may not know is that the little alien Zorotl has quite the backstory.

[​IMG]

In 45651, Zorotlekuykauo Sushik IV was born on the planet Tukon4, constellation Hr453, from a family of scientists and explorers. His father had helped to develop the Standard Galactic Map and discovered the planet Keulloy3, where plants could communicate via telepathy.

Zorotl was influenced by all this, and he spent his childhood tagging along on his father's journeys throughout the galaxy. But alas! Many of the alien races he met on the way were fighting each other!

Zorotl made it his goal to create a universal language—one that everyone could easily learn and understand so they wouldn't fight anymore.

As an adult, Zorotl went to work for the Galactic Confederation Explorer Corp. While sitting in a bar one fateful day, he overheard a travelling merchant telling tales of a distant planet with a form of communication that was used to convey information and feelings. A type of sound that made you understand what a person was saying, even if you couldn't speak their language.

That planet was Earth, and the form of communication?

Music.

But it didn't end there. The mad scientist Sayok6 had other ideas—to control others with music that could influence and dominate their will.

Sayok6's evil plot? To kidnap humans who specialized in music and make them play for a Tukonian audience. If they were into it, it meant this thing called music was powerful enough to take over not only Tukon but the galaxy.

Sayok6 scanned the planet Earth and saw a large crowd. At the front were three humans, using an electronic device to create music. "I'm blue, da ba dee..."

He kidnapped one of them. But Eiffel 65 had been friends a long time, so the other two got in their spaceship and off they went to bring him back.

Meanwhile, Sayok6 was forcing the kidnapped member to perform a concert in space. He played for the Tukonians. They liked it. The galaxy could be his!

Zorotl came to the show, and there it was. Music! But suddenly, the rest of Eiffel 65 showed up and got their friend the heck out of there.

The music stopped. The spectators were not pleased. Sayok6 feared for his life. He begged Zorotl to help.

Zorotl agreed—but not for Sayok6's evil goals. For the good of the galaxy.

Zorotl sent a gamma ray visual transmission to Eiffel 65 bearing the words "PLEASE COME BACK". They responded from their spaceship. Zorotl explained that the Tukonians were, in general, a peaceful people, and offered to go on stage and sing 'Blue' with them as a sign of friendship.

So they did. And the universal language of music saved the, well, universe. The end.

(Finally. That was an abridged version, too!)

In other random trivia, Zorotl's favourite food is spring rolls, his favourite hobby is Tukonian chess, and his favourite album is Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

Really? Not Europop?! Ouch.

P.S. I didn't make it up. Zorotl has a website that says this stuff.

In 2000, Zorotl released his debut single 'I Wanna Be'. It's literally just an Eiffel 65 song, but hey. Nice gimmick, right?

Blue:

@Cutlery (7.5) - On the one hand, the piano accompanying the instrumental is fantastic and injects a much appreciated dose of variety, on the other, the vocals become grating after a while.

Indeed, some fans acknowledged that the magic didn't entirely last...

@phily693 (7.5) - I loved this when it came out. But it really was just for the novelty, and it’s catchy too.

@Empty Shoebox (7) - I loved this song at the time, but now, no. Sorry. I still like it, but not too much.

@WowWowWowWow (7) - You know, for something billed as "the story of a little guy that lives in a blue world," I feel like we should have been provided with more information. Was this world always blue? Does that make it hard to distinguish among things, when everything is blue? Is everything even the same shade of blue, or are we talking like a range from navy blue to aquamarine? Any teal in there? And also, if you have a girlfriend, why do you not have anybody to listen? Sounds like you need to take yourselves to a blue therapist and fill out some blue relationship questionnaires.

Hehe, was that enough information for ya?

@rav4boy (9) - I love how this song starts off, and the lyrics are simple yet strangely affecting.

@One Stop Candy Shop (8) - I should this find more annoying but I can't help bopping to it. It goes off.

@A$AP Robbie (8) - I always assumed they were French, I guess because of the name.

You're not the only one...

Bluer:

@ThisIsRogue (10) - dddd I thought this act was French simply because of their name.

Why not go with the Tower of Pisa, I wonder?

@Sprockrooster (10) - A modern day classic. An evergreen. A childhood fave that brings me back with so many ease and still something that is still played very often to this day.​

@berserkboi (10) - Classic!​

A classic that'll go down in vocoder history, right guys?

@Eric (10) - Everything that should be so wrong about this song - vocoder vocals, infantile chorus, repetition, somehow makes it so right - is it working on a subliminal level?

@CasuallyCrazed (10) - Him and Cher single single-handedly paved the way for vocoders everywhere.

Many of us saw the beauty in it...

@ohnoitisnathan (10) - I love eurodance with a melancholic tinge like this.

@sfmartin (10) - This takes me back to Now 44 (possibly the best one), which I played religiously, never skipped this track. Its just so weird the melody is so infectious and actually beautiful...or should that bluetiful...I'm sorry.

Bluest:

...Some even enough to award it an 11.

@Untouchable Ace (11) - I don't actually like blue the colour but I love this song. The electronic blips and beats convey a sombre and blue outlook but along the way hopefulness builds. An original upbeat melancholia.

Blue It:

@OspreyQueen (0) - The video gave me nightmares as a kid, so even today this song still gives me the creeps. I don’t enjoy it one bit, so, zero.

@Seventeen Days (2) - Overplayed, overhyped. I never liked this song when it first came out, and I still don’t like it now.

@Ray (0) - I checked and this remains actively evil.

---

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  12. What a backstory indeed! They should have gone the Daft Punk way with it and released the whole album with a video!!

Sad this is out but considering people actively hated this one, it did well to last so long!

Ezz, idratherjack, DJHazey and 4 others like this.
  13. I AM FLOORED AT THIS BEING CHOPPED ALREADY Dg0hOKQV4AAvAD7.jpg

ThisIsRogue, Ezz, DJHazey and 8 others like this.
  14. I wouldn’t hate it if there was an instrumental-only version!!!

DJHazey and iheartpoptarts like this.
  15. [​IMG]

Cutlery, soratami, DJHazey and 8 others like this.
  16. The fact that this charted higher than Strike It Up makes me question some people's taste.

17. Dropping by kinda late but happy to see It’s My Life finally out!

And I have no feelings regarding these past eliminations...so eeh

iheartpoptarts and DJHazey like this.
  18. My God. This rate has no chill. Another track I pinned down for victory out. I have no idea what is winning this actually?!

Ezz, iheartpoptarts, DJHazey and 3 others like this.
  19. Knowing popjustice, the winner will be something europop but totally not eurodance like Gina G or Aqua.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.